Maybelline Dream Creamy Foundation

3.5

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentsiloxane, isotridecyl, isononanoate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Polymethylsilses Quioxane, Candelilla Cera Wax, Peg-9 Polydimethylxiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl, Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Propeylene Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Royal Jelly, Royal Jelly Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract.

on 4/14/2011 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dry skin and I love creme foundations. I have this one in a previously unmentioned color called 20 Cameo / Beige Eclat - the lightest available here. I'm NW15-20 and this looks fine going on, but it dries down too orange and... dirty-looking. I guess it would suit an NW20-25 better, maybe a NC would be an even better match.

It does set, but not in a pretty, dewy way. It's kind of a cream to powder, i think, and not cream to liquid like I was told. I really don't understand why anyone would make a creme foundation that dries down matte like this. It may be my dry winter skin, so I'll try it again in the summer and update.

For now, I don't like this at all.

on 4/4/2011 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

+This is a good mid-price foundation, affordable
+ good for dry skin
+ creamy, easy to use

-Only few shades
-t-zone shines even in Finlands climate - needs powdering that I don't wanna do
-I found this a bit clogging on my skin

I needed a new daily foundation- I usually use Max Factor Lasting Performance, there was nothing wrong with this just wanted to see if there was better. I picked Dream Creamy because I thought it would suit my dry skin well, and glide on easily. Going in the bin.

PROS
- doesnt dry or flake dry skin
- thats it

CONS
-bad coverage, even though its quite a thick product
- not good shades for pale skin with pink undertones
- Have to use a powder on top
- Does not last longer than a few hours
-transfers onto clothes easily
-sponge applies the product terribly, and hard to wash

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this foundation for a while, I have slightly dry skin so this does kind of help.
I wouldn't say I'm very very pale but I used the lightest shade in this foundation (light porcelain) and I found it to look kinda orange =/
I like the texture and the way it goes on and I've found that it has really good coverage.

As for the packaging, there's a lot of waste because of the sponge they put on the bottom part which takes up too much room.
Pretty good price too but the sponge should really be taken out and that extra space used for more foundation.

Overall I do like this foundation, it gives good coverage and looks pretty good (even if it can get orangey if you layer up too much)

on 2/27/2011 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This foundation is designed for dry skin (the matte mousse is for oily skin and the liquid/satin mousse is for normal skin). I have normal skin and it works fine for me - I have to make sure my skin is well moisturized beforehand though. It doesn't make my face grease or oil up throughout the day at all, and I don't even set with powder.

The cololur range is terrible. I am an NC20 and very yellow/golden toned...which Maybelline obviously don't think exists. All the colours are so pink toned! I tried #21 Nude first which is too orange, #04 Light Porcelain which is slightly too pink and so on...the rest were just much too dark and pinky orange for me. I settled with the lightest shade #04 Light Porcelain in the end as it was the least orange, but it still isn't a very good match for me. There are only FIVE shades available which is ridiculous:-

-04 Light Porcelain
-21 Nude
-30 Sand
-40 Fawn
-48 Sun Beige

So unless you are very pink and light-medium skinned, you probably won't find a very good match. The packaging looks bulky but is pretty lightweight. You don't much much product inside at all and the sponge they provide is useless.

I apply the foundation with a brush for medium-full coverage (only 1 layer is needed for this!) or with my fingers for light-medium coverage. It covers any redness, blemishes and unevenskintone incredibly well, not to mention it does a good job of masking the freckles on my nose quite well so they don't look as visible. The coverage is impressive for a DS foundation.

It leaves my skin feeling really smooth and soft to the touch. I don't think it's as moisturising as they claim it to be, but it isn't drying. It feels so lightweight on my face, like a tinted moisturiser. It gives me a near-flawless look without looking like a mask. Infact, most people cannot even tell I am wearing makeup when I have this on and just think I have naturally good skin. It doesn't give me a dewy finish...I actually think the finish it gives is very similar to the NARS sheer glow (a satin finish). Lasting power is good...at least 7hours+ with no touch-ups.

I would rate it 3.5 overall.

on 1/25/2011 2:42:00 AM

So when i first got this product i was so in love with it! it was my first kind of creamy foundation, i always used just the liquid kind. But after about two weeks i started to break out so bad!! Worse than i ever have before! I was so disappointed, if it wasnt for breaking out i definately would recommend this product.

on 1/3/2011 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Change of heart on this product - hit pan after about a month, which i was dissapointed about. Also it comes off after about 2 hours, even if you set it with a powder. Tried applying it with sponge, fluffy brush, foundation brush, stippling brush.. it still looks un even!

on 12/27/2010 6:07:00 PM

aw love it,tryed dream matte mousse way too drying and the liquid is great. but wanted to try this,abosluty love it! i have a really oily t-zoe and my cheeks are quite dry and this is great for combo skin. really flawless finish. such a nice foundation recommend highly! ♥

on 12/25/2010 7:30:00 PM

I originally went to buy revlon colorstay after reading the reviews on here, but after trying the tester I decided to look for something else and came across this when it was just new. I had tried the dream matte mouse before, it's ok but doesn't quite work with my skin.
The price of dream creamy is okay, it was about 6 pounds but i think i got about £2 off.
When I tried the tester i was so surprised at the great coverage this gave me, and the lightest shade was perfect for me also.
However when I got home, I'm ashamed to admit it took me quite a while to figure out how to get to the actual foundation. The packaging is terrible. I tend to do my make up at the last minute, on the train for example, and this makes it so awkward. You have to twist the top to get the foundation, and open the bottom for the sponge, and there's no mirror.
Trying it on from the full size version for the first time felt completely different from the tester, still not sure why the tester was so different.
It feels really cool and light on the skin, almost like you are going over your face with a wet makeup sponge.
Yet, somehow, it covers up all of my red marks beautifully. I usually have to blend with my fingers as well because the sponge tends to put too much on.
It gives a lovely natural dewy look, with good coverage. No breakouts from it all either.
What i love especially is that sometimes my skin can be dry and other foundations tend to make it look flaky, but this is quite moisturising. And on the days that my skin is oily, it still looks great.
My big disappointment with this foundation is it's lasting power, I think it rubs off too easily if you touch your face, and looking at myself after a few hours I can see my redness start to come back.
So I'm taking one point off for the terrible packaging and the fact it doesn't stay put, but overall a lovely light feeling foundation that gives a good decent coverage, and for most skin types.

on 12/23/2010 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, I enjoyed this product. It is quite silky and light, and didn't irriate my skin ( I do have a sensitive skin). Luckily, I found the right shade. However, I do realise that not many choices on the shade. This hopely will be improved later.

I found the coverage is okay, i tried applications with both brush and sponge. They do give a quite natural finish. However, it does need a powder to set if you are looking for a more matte- looking finish. Maybe because I have a oily skin, i don't think this foundation last very long, especially around my t-zone.

I wish there is a mirror in the sponge compartment - it will make things so much easier. Plus it is kinda of pricey for a high-street(drug store) product