April 16, 2014 | 1405 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment - Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Inchworm

This is such an interesting, multi-dimensional color. It can be chunky, but if you use a quality brush & mixing medium and take the time to really blend it out, it is amazing.
I made an awesome lip gloss with this- mixed some cheap L'Oreal clear gloss that had a gold glitter with rose pigment; it's AMAZING and I get compliments on it whenever I wear it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by blooblakk

So Rose.

I've has Rose forever, and it is absolutley my favorite pigment out of all I own.

Rose is a darkish hot pink/rose red that flashes twenty-four karat gold when the light hits it. It is amazing and completely unique.

Obviously, as everyone has said, Rose is chunky and a challenge to blend. But, really. It's such a magical, fiery color, I can't see why anyone would discount it just because of the texture. Use a base, use a good brush, take a little time to work with it, and you'll love Rose as much as I do.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by aandfgirl133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im not really a fan of this pigment. It is very chunky. Everytime I try to apply it I get major fall out, even if I use it wet. I have tried this pigment many different ways, as e/s, in lipgloss, as a highlighter, and Im just not a fan of it. Also, when you wet it or put it into gloss, it becomes much more gold than rose.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Croceate

Bad, bad, awful texture. I wish I had not bought a full pot of this. It is very flakey, and should be more finely milled. The particles are too big compared with other, frankly super MAC pigments. It is impossible to get good, even coverage with Rose pigment. If this was more powdery with less chunks, it would be great. This has a nice gold/pink colour to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by tmarisco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really enjoy this pigment. But beware: test it on your skin before you buy it. It is more gold than it looks. This is precisely the color I was looking for (pink...but not too pink), so I LOVE it. I agree that it has a more chunky texture than most pigments, but when you use it wet (mixing medium/visine....water!), you would never be able to notice its flaws in texture. It makes a lovely lip gloss, nailpolish, blush/highlight on the cheeks, and is GORGEOUS for a rosy-bronze eye look. On the eyes, I prefer to apply it wet, but when you use it dry, make sure you're using a good brush so that you can manage its unique (aka, chunky) texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 3:29:00 PM More reviews by audreyk

Rose is a really pretty color Ė rosey gold. I usually donít use Rose on my eyes though Ė I just canít deal with the pinky-red on eyes unless Iím going for a very specific look. But itís sooo pretty. Itís kind of chunky, I think. Or at least, Iíve had more finely milled pigments from MAC. I love love love how Rose looks on the face. I usually apply it on top of cheeks (using a VERY light hand since these are very pigmented) to add more rosiness and a glow. Itís also pretty on lips Ė mixed with a lip balm or gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Peacelover18

NW15

Gorgeous coppery-pink color, with gold flecks. It's one of my favorite pigments, and it's so versatile. It's great as an eyeshadow, blush, or lipgloss. It does have a chunky texture, but used with a mixing medium (or just water) it works just fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2007 5:01:00 AM More reviews by LizC21

Nice to look at in the container, does work as a cheek/lip color, and can be used for that sunrise look with golden peach, yellows, pinks... Just not wearable or versatile enough for me. Chunky texture. Wish it was more rose and less golden. Good thing I have a mini jar, not a full jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by luckyrose11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think this pigment is great! Its a beautiful color. I use rose wet and dry and i have not had any problems with flaking or drying. i would buy this color again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Rose is a delightfully pretty red flicked with gold shimmer. Very, very shimmery. It is a bit on the chunky side and not as finely milled as i would like, but the beauty of the colour is incredible. It flashes rose red and gold at the same time and really stunning as an eye, cheek or lip colour. In particular, Rose is amazing when patted over lipgloss or your favourite balm because it gives the exact same look as a MAC Frost lipstick, but without the dryness! This stuff is very pigmented and is great value for the amount you get because you'll use so little each time. I haven't tried it as e/s yet, but Rose is a gorgeous multi-purpose pigment.