Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara

3.5

Water, carnauba wax, silica, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutane, stearic acid, oleic acid, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrolyzed soy protein, lauroyl lysine, acacia senegal, pvp/polycarbamyl polyglycol ester, peg-8 beeswax, panthenol, lecithin, simethicone, propylene glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylyl glycol, sodium hyaluronate, benzyl alcohol, trisoidum edta, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben. May Contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide, busmuth oxychloride, chromium hydroxide green, manganes violet, chromium oxide greens, carmine, ultramarines, ferric ferrocyanide.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a deluxe sized tube about this and was kind of meh about trying it. I have previously used Clinique mascara, but mostly because I got a sample and not really been impressed. I tried this one and at first I really liked it. The formula was just right and the brush was a great size and I really did have lashes that were double in size. Then it went downhill within the first few applications. I do not know what happened, but I started to find this formula much too wet. I started to have a lot of problems with too much product at the outside lashes. I think this is due to the tip which grabs too much of the mascara and then over applies it when putting it on. I would pass on this one and not try it at all.

This stuff is the bee's knees (that's a good thing). Over the last 5 years, I've compared it to all of the Lancome and MAC mascaras, as well as all of the other Clinique ones. Clinique Lash Doubling continues to outdo them all. The formula has no smell, it lasts forever (ie. up to 4 years in tube without getting clumpy), and it goes on perfectly. The perfect formula combined with the wand's perfect length (not too short and stubby and not too long and awkward) and bristle shape makes for a perfect application every time.

on 9/2/2013 2:11:00 PM

I got a sample size of this mascara, I would have never bought it because I'm more of a false lashes kind of girl, but there are days when I want to go without them, so I pulled out this sample sized mascara. The reason why I wear false eyelashes is because I've got short, thin, straight eyelashes. Before I wear any mascara I have to curl, curl, curl. My eye lashes have a horrible time holding a curl, and this was no exception, but then again nothing can hold it, I have to work hard for pretty lashes. Anyways, I love this for my days where I want to look more natural, and this makes my lashes look darker, slightly longer, and thicker. My eyes look bright and pretty. However, I'm hopeing there's a mascara out there that requires less effort. I won't buy again (unless my lashes will never get curled by mascara).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really enjoy this mascara, it holds my curls very well even though its not waterproof. I don't have the full size but I like ten of the samples from clinique bags. I recommend for people who want natural looking lashes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, I really wanted to like this product. Clinique usually makes some great products, so I'm usually not that concerned about buying anything from them. This however, was a sample from me buying some perfume. I tried it out several times on my thin, limp lashes and it did nothing for me. I curled my lashes, then applied the mascara. My lashes fell instantly and looked like I had gobbed on mascara. This is definitely not a beauty staple for me. Sorry Clinique! Maybe this product would work better for someone with thick, voluminous lashes. I hope this helped.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have naturally long dark lashes (thanks parents). This mascara added length, further darkened them, slightly thickened and slightly curled them. The end result was (as the first reviewer put so well) natural looking but pretty. Sort of a my-lashes-but-better kind of thing. I've experienced a tiny bit of flaking, but nothing that would turn me off. I'm really impressed with the wand (love the tapered brush for getting my inner lashes) and the curling ability-as you can see from the picture, it added a slight curl without me having to use a lash curler! Love that. I put that I will buy again, BUT I will have to check back on that-I most likely will, but I have to see how long this will last, hopefully at least a few months, before drying out.

on 5/18/2013 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really love this mascara for creating a natural, pretty look. I have long, plentiful lashes but they are quite fine and straight. This mascara is perfect for giving them that little push. (As compared to my big push mascara, Diorshow Iconic.) I can see that if you have shorter or thinner lashes that this mascara might not perform as well, but otherwise, this is a great product.

on 5/15/2013 11:13:00 AM

Got this mascara as a free treat from a promo deal at a store near me. I was excited to try it as I'm a mascara addict, so freebies are exciting. However, I went to apply it and got nothing from it. It's not even a decent natural look, no oomph whatsoever compared to Full N Soft, LashBlast or other comparable volumizing mascaras I've used, will not ever buy.

on 5/14/2013 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this as a gift from The Bay. It is wet and very buildable, it just smushes too easyliy, but it's very easy to take off. I would suggest this as a every day mascara, but I wouldn't wear it to special occasions, since it dosn't make your eyes fashy and big.

on 4/29/2013 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this as a gift with purchase so I have a mini size. I would have never bought this product any other way tbh.
It is a very wet formula that is very black but doesn't do much to my thin lashes. The wand is cone shaped and is ideal for easy and precise mascara application. However, the formula is disappointing as it does not lengthen or volumize my lashes. It is easily dissolved with water, however it is difficult to remove smudges on the eyelid.
Not worth the money and I can find many drugstore mascaras that can work so much better.