Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For me this line of polishes has been rather hit or miss. I have purchased quite a number of colors over the years and have only kept a few in my current collection. The formulas can be streaky, especially the sheer colors. Barracuda was also a beast to apply, although a very pretty color. I do like that the colors are very on trend in this line. One of my favorites is Gilty Party, a cool gold with copper flecks in it. It is a versatile metallic with a perfect formula. Overall, I think the Complete Salon Manicure line is over priced for as inconsistent as the formulas are. I much prefer the Xtreme Wear line, and those are only $3! But there are still a few colors I would like to try from the new CSM line up (I haven't purchased any from the revamped line yet), so hopefully they have improved the formulation as well.

on 2/25/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

this is my HG polish! i love it! as an esthetician, i've worked with lots of different polishes including OPI, Zoya, Spa ritual and Chinaglaze. This beats all of them for lastability and shine. I also love the brush and its shape which makes it very easy to do your nails quickly and avoid touching your cuticles. Obviously it doesn't last forever, but i can usually get 4-5 days with it before it chips significantly. With chinaglaze i can only get about a day of wear before it chips. The price is great too at $9.99 CAD and it goes on sale often. Plenty of colour choices as well.

on 2/20/2014 9:47:00 PM

I bought a bottle of this product because it seems so easy to use. One issue though and I don't know if it has anything to do with this but about 3-4 weeks after using this my nails became chipped at the ends and started to peel in layers. I have never had this happen before and now I am working to find a product that will condition my nails so that they are conditioned as they grow out. I am not able to wear any polish for the foreseeable future until this problem is resolved.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a lot of nail polishes and this one is my favourite. Here in Australia, OPI polish retails for around $20, and I have purchased a lot of these and this one doesn't compare. I got this in the shade "Barracuda" in a bargain bin for around $4 at priceline, and I am in love with it. It dries quickly, and the brush is flat which makes it so easy to apply. It is really long lasting also, with my nails not having any chips after a few days! love it!

on 1/30/2014 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I'm in love with this polish!!!!! I have never been able to just put two quick coats on my nails without base coat and top coat and have the polish last for days! It is amazing! I have already bought three and am plotting how to get more. They are most pricey at Ulta or Walgreens ( about 8.00 ) and are the least expensive either on drugstore.com or Walmart (about 6.50) Overall deal no matter what and the range of colors is great! Please do yourself a favor and buy one to have on hand for a quick manicure...

Happy polishing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love love love this polish!!

I have been wearing it for 3 days and not one chip and its still super shiny and gorgeous. It's not very expensive either and it's a large bottle. I am going to stock up on these!!

on 1/1/2014 2:56:00 PM

I love this nail polish, I love that I do not need to put first a base coat, and also and more important how long it lasts with no chipping at all. Well no chipping at all IF i first buff slightly my nails with a polar block which at the beauty shop I get them are really cheap. If I don't buff my nails before using my SH Complete Salon Manicure, I get chipped nails. Four days ago I did my manicure and the color is still intact. I totally recomend this product but strongly advice about buffing gently your nails before polishing. I just have one shade by now but I already have written on my shopping list buying more shades.

on 11/8/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this polish. I purchased Red My Lips...beautiful color. I brought it to the salon to get a mani with it. The manicurist was not able to use the brush, she had to take a thinner brush and use that. She said the brush made it very difficult to work with.

Once the manicure was done, it looked beautiful. But here I am, less than twenty four hours later, with a big chip on my middle finger. I will touch it up when I get home but it's very annoying. That shouldn't happen. She used a Seche top coat with it too, so there really is no reason for this to happen.

I wanted to purchase more colors because this color was so nice, but I think I will stick with Opi and Essie.

EDITED: Ok, so maybe i jumped the gun. I have had this polish on now for over four days and the only issue I had was the initial chip, which I touched up, and might have been my fault.....The rest of the manicure remains PERFECT! So I think I will be buying more colors, this is truly impressive.

on 10/18/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this in one of those beauty boxes. The colour is Shoot the Moon
The GOOD: the colour is very pretty, completely opaque and even in two coats. Goes on very smoothly and I love the brush. Drys fast

The BAD: It doesn't wear the best - I feel like I get top wear a little faster than I'm used to.

Overall I'm not sure if it's worth it. My beloved Ulta3 is 1/4 the price and almost as good.

on 10/10/2013 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

my favorite brand. lasts better than any other polish i've tried. stays shiny. dries relatively fast. great colors. love this stuff. i have read online that SH is 3 free.

Popular Polishes