April 20, 2014 | 1721 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by MermaidInOhio

I just purchased this in "Hot Lava". It's soooo pretty for spring/summer. It is a bright orange with a goldish-orange glittery flake. I did two coats over a clear base and it is so bright and shimmery. Looks great with a tan! This color applied smoothly and dried well. It's smooth and shiney even without a topcoat. I love these complete manicure polishes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by emilycaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this polish. I have 'arm candy' which is a light pink. The shape of the bottle is very easy to hold onto, and the rubber part on the wand is a lovely and helpful addition. A lot of people are commenting that the brush is too big, but it's perfect for my nails, even for my pinkies, which I consider on the small side. As for the 'too much' or 'too little' polish complaints, as long as you load the polish on the brush properly by swiping it on the side of the bottle, you shouldn't have any issues. When I put the first coat on you could barely see it which had me a wee bit worried, but once I put the second coat on, the colour came out and it turned out quite lovely. With this colour, I'd be able to get away with two coats, but I put on three just to see how much stronger the colour would turn out. I'll probably stick to two coats in the future. Usually when I'm buying a new brand I only buy one colour to test out. I'm definitely going back and buying a few more colours that I was eyeing at the store :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by PomPom123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

- A bit expensive in my country (14 euros)

+ lasts long
+ good texture (easy to apply, not too thick nor too watery)
+ full-bodied color

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by SWilisons

I have this in Black and Blue, and it's a beautiful purple green duochrome polish that lasts for days with no chipping. The brush is a little odd, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by kkurtzga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this nail polish. The people having problems putting it on and/or having it smudge are not using it right. First apply a base coat and let it dry completely. Around 30 minutes. Then apply a coat of the polish. I let mine dry for a couple of hours at least. It has to cure and harden completely. For the first ten minutes or so i turn my hands upside down and let gravity do its work. Then apply a second coat and let it dry for the same amount of time. I know this sounds like a lot of work but if you do it right it will last 10 or more days. It's just like paint if you put wet paint on top of paint that has not completly cured it will never dry. Finally I put on a top coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK so I am on day 4 and my nails still look darn fab..some minor wear on tips but I am very happy with this product and I can't wait to buy more!! I have bought so many polsihes that after a day look like crap. I honestly see no need to ever buy another brand as this one checks off all the boxes for me.

EDIT: So I loved these - went a little crazy and bought about 7 (different colors from different store locations) and I have to say that these polishes have terrible inconsistancy...varying from bottle to bottle. One bottle will be thick and goopy and the next just perfect. Sucks. Once it gets thicker it is difficult to apply nicely. What a bummer - I was in love and since then returned most of them :( So disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this polish when I first got it. "Shell We Dance?" seemed to be the perfect nude pink. But a few weeks of weekly use, my nails started breaking. I'd get cracks at the base of the tip, then the whole tip would come off. My nails got ridges, and they stopped growing out. They used to looks so healthy!

This polish was pretty, sturdy, and it lasted a good week. But I think it really dried my poor nails out. Now my hands look like a nail-biter's.

Guess I'm going to start wearing Nailtiques 2 Plus until my poor nails recover.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by flexychesca

Ever since i tried this nail polish i've not purchased any other brand.
I have wasted so much money on expensive nail polishes which were not even worth it. I brought these online from Boots at 2 each!!
What i love about them: They stay on for ages and don't chip much. I have been wearing the bright red one for about 2 weeks and still no chips! It looks shiny, the colours are vivid and everyone always comments on my nails when i use them!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Jenna68

I purchased this in Barracuda. Very pretty light blue shade.

Here's why I gave it a 5 - it's been on my nails for almost two weeks now, without a chip. I do use Seche Vite top coat, which may have helped (and I applied it two more times over the course of the two weeks after using it for the original manicure,) and I did use three coats of the color (I often do that with pale shades so they're opaque.)

But even with the mitigating factors, I'm pretty darn impressed with the longevity! I will definitely keep this brand in rotation!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by steffanigreen1984

these were clearanced at my local Walgreens so i bought about 6-7. the problem i have is that it smudges so easily. also the brush is a little wide for my small nails