August 30, 2014 | 1007 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Shine Sensational

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MissCandyThief

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this lipgloss line from maybelline. It's great because it's not sticky, it has a nice scent and it is very moisturising. Since it is a gloss it didn't expect it to do anything other than be a gloss but i moisturised my lips compared to other lip glosses. Each tube has its own flavour and scent which i love. The lipgloss doesn't stay on your lips for a very long time so that does mean that you have to re-apply if you want it for a longer period of time. i would recommend wearing it on top of a nude lipgloss just for that extra boldness because the colour isn't that bold. i would definitely buy this product again but maybe in a different colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by kaaaching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

hehe maah new favourite :) the colour is very sheer but thats expected and i love that about it its just goes for a nice natural fresh look but its not that sheer it does show on your lips not like other juicy lipglosses that can come out as a clear lipgloss the best thing about this is that its not sticky its not too thick and not to thin just right im definitly buying more of these babies

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by CuppycakeLover

I really like it because it smells so good and tastes great I love it other than its super duper think : P Blehh!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted a purplish , berry color kind of lip gloss ... So i picked up the ' Sparkling grape ' ... i didn't realize it's Shine sensational instead of the Maybelline 's Color sensational one...

In walmart it cost me around $ 5 - 6 ..When u squeeze it , you'll first see tiny bit of Clear Gloss and then the color comes out... That's NEW ...Anyway It DOES NOT ADD MUCH COLOR AT ALL...It only adds Shine with a tiny bit of color...Maybelline You are really truthful ... Shine Sensational is only to add shine !!! Huh ? That makes me think Color sensational lip gloss will only add color and less shine or no shine at all ???

May be the extreme colors like deep, darker or very pale lip glosses might have some color but not the Sparkling grape one i have ... Like all the lip glosses , it wears off easily ..
But the smell is very nice .. Feels delicious !

Like i said i might buy very deep or very pale colors in this and not the medium colors ...OR I might not... bcoz these days some lipsticks alone give us enough shine and they last longer than this lipgloss.!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by FizzyBaybii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked this gloss. It wasn't that pigmented, but the packaging was great. I bought this because I couldn't find the shiny-licious line, I think it was discontinued. I got it in 50 Cocoa Fever and it's pretty okay. It's good to have a sheer color over a lipstick or stain or alone if you're running errands.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fun novelty gloss, but it simply doesn't hold its own amongst other glosses in the makeup world (including ones priced much lower). I have two of the colors/flavors: 10 - Freshly Sliced and 05 - Peach Sorbet. I swatched both on my hand, which you can see in the product photos.
--> Freshly Sliced is a slightly shimmery baby-pink gloss with the scent and taste of Orange Slice candies. It tastes delicious, really... Which means I usually have licked it off my lips within 30 minutes of applying. However, while it looks pretty opaque in the tube, I find this deposits gloss with only a very slight shimmer to my pigmented lips. It might be brighter or more visibly pink on someone with less pigmented lips. This is my favorite gloss of the two.
--> Peach Sorbet smells only vaguely of peaches. I would hardly even call it a peach candy scent. I was hoping it would smell more like peach candy, a scent which is normally divine, but this smells simply like an ambiguous artificial "fruity" scent. It tastes a bit better than it smells. Not quite the flavor of, say, peach rings, but close. In the tube it looks like a sheer coral tint, but it's really just a clear gloss. You'd have to apply this ridiculously thick to get any sort of tint to your lips.
Staying power for both of these is average for glosses. Texture-wise, they are slightly sticky and thick, but nowhere near as much as glosses like MAC Lipglasses. If you enjoy fun, fruity flavors and aren't looking for much color or shimmer from a gloss, these are a decent choice. However, they're priced far too high. I've seen these retail for up to $8 USD each, which is insane! If you can find them for as low as $4 and perhaps BOGO free or half-off, they're fun to try. They'd be a great gift for an pre-teen or teen girl. But there are so many great glosses out there (for so much less) that I can't see myself recommending these to anyone else.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by blinkyb1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i bought this lipgloss in the mint falvour today and was expecting something that was really shiny but i was prepared for an awful taste but then i got home and tried it and it did not have an awful taste at all was not sticky and lasted on my lips for about an hour without eating or drinking and people were saying this is very pricey but at my walmart it was only 6 dollars and for such an awesome lipgloss it was well worth it WILL BE BUYING MORE!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by McKohler

I didn't like this gloss at all..
The one I bought smelled just too sweet for be that: ... sweet, it just made me nasty, while tasted like nothing.
About the shine: it didn't impressed me, I mean, yes, my lips shined, but didn't give a standing lips look.
I'm not recomending but neither clapping at it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by maneetaum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall crap. This can be compared to them $2 lipgloss' with no name brands. Not worth the buy and waste of money.

Pros:
-Moisturising
-Packaging is great with the squeezy tube.

Cons:
-Tastes and smells like medicine which is shit
-No pigmentation at all
-Too greasy and sticky and thick
-Does not last long on lips
-Way too expensive (got 3 of them for $13) for something that you can get somewhere else at a lot cheaper and better quality.

A regret buy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

Gloppy and goopy. Thick and smeary. Do not like the consistency. Cherry bloom color is pretty, though. But doesn't contribute enough to my face to make applying it and reapplying it worthwhile.