December 19, 2014 | 1459 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by launaleizl

This is one of the best mascaras I have used. It is important to only apply the step 1 primer to the tips of lashes only. If applied from the base, it will weigh the lashes down. The second should be applied from the base to the tips as many coats as desired. The color saturation is great and it holds the curl like nothing else I have tried. The only drawbacks, are that I would like a little more volume and I find it difficult to remove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Ok so today I was at the drugstore and I decided to buy this mascara because some lady RAVED about it on youtube. Anyway, I like this mascara but I don't plan on raving about it anytime soon.
The mascara wands on both ends aren't my favorite because they seem like they allow clumps. And the mascara flakes a little.
But it's pretty good besides all that.
OH and it makes my lashes longer but it doesn't really volumize them, making my lashes sometimes look like spider lashes.
Overall I would recommend this mascara but I would also recommend to get a voluminzing mascara to go with it.

UPDATE: This mascara is "ok" to me. I will admit, the very black color is VERY BLACK and will make your lashes look BOLD. But it flakes a lot for me. So I'm not sure if I would repurchase. The primer is better than the actual mascara too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by islandbgrl

I was dissapointed with this. it clumped my lashes and made them look horrible. PLUS, they smuged all over my eyes! ugh... i had to give it one lip because it wouldnt allow me to give it a zero.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by moonlightflower

Sooo disappointed. XXL intense was much better than this. This ruins curl and just goops onto the lashes, making them all ugly and gnarly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by leeli86

This is a really good mascara. I love that the primer side is black instead of white and seems to be a thinner consistencey. In the past all my experiecnes with two step mascaras resulted in chunky greyish lashes but this isn't like that at all. The only advice I have is to apply the second step right after the first since this can get messy and clumpy if you let it dry between steps. Besides that it gives me full dark black lashes with a bit of extra length (I have long lashes already so volume and colour is what I'm looking for) and I've never had issues with running or smudging. It's defining without being overly dramatic or over the top. This has become my go to, everyday mascara since I'm out of my HG waterproof Full and Soft right now and I'm trying to use up some of my randon purchases before buying more. Overall, with this mascara I don't miss my Full and Soft as much as I thought I would and I'm yet again really impressed with another Maybelline mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by polleepocket

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

It's about time there was a black primer for mascara. I had used the xxl intense in the past and hated having to cover the white primer and end up with a grey like color. This mascara is really nice, great consistency, easy to use brushes. Does not get clumpy with application and very rarely needs to be combed afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kaisofine

Cool mascara but not great. I like the XXL intense better. I hope Maybelline isn't trying to replace the XXL intense with this......smh

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Shimmering_pink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This really is an amazing mascara. I have been using the maybelline intense, which many people don't like, for many years. When I saw good reviews for this I had to try it. I had tried the curl and lash extensions one before which i didn't like and always ended up going back to the intense one, which i feel gives me lashes volume and length and will always be one of my favs. This xxl bold though is perfect for a dramatic look. It really gives bold lashes, almost makes you look like you're wearing false lashes but not too fake that it looks bad or anything. It gives you tons of volume. The first coat (#1) is even enough but when you do #2 over that..holyy you will be blown away. I recommend this to anyone looking for really dramatic volumeized lashes without looking fake. It's great because the first step isn't white like other 2 step mascaras so there is no need to cover up white and possibly end up with grey lashes. I don't use this everyday because I don't have time for 2 step mascaras usually in the morning, but for nights out or special events, I always use this. Only thing is after 2 months i've noticed it's a bit try but it still works well, also it IS hard to take off compared to other mascaras, but not so hard that it turns me away from it. Would be 4 and a half lippies, but ill say 4 just for those 2 things.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

gave me long dark lashes, very buildable.. so in use with another mascara, you can achieve thick & long lashes. I would say the only thing i didnt like was that it can flake if you use too much.. and I love having dramatic lashes so of course mine always started to flake after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by jessih3

This is my favorite mascara! I have long, dark lashes, but they are not very plentiful. This mascara makes my lashes look really full and long, almost like falsies. It lasts all day without smudging or flaking, but it comes off pretty easily with mascara remover. I will definitely continue to buy this mascara.