Turmeric Mask

4.5

Turmeric Powder

on 6/8/2014 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love this mask. I have been using it for two weeks regularly and my skin is so bright and smooth. Didn't help that much with the acne but I'll wait for another month or so. People complain about yellowing of the skin, I don't have that problem bcoz I use gram flour and turmeric , which doenst leave my skin yellow . I mix one teaspoon of gram flour and half teaspoon of turmeric and yougurt.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have oily, acne prone skin. I've tried just about every product for acne since I was a teenager. Now that I'm in my 30s, sun spots/hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone has been added to my list of skin woes.
Stumbled across turmeric on a healthy living blog. Had some at home in the cabinet and mixed it with almond oil, milk, honey, and white rice flour. Didn't see much change after the first use, but by the second and third my skin was softer, the tone more even and the hyper pigmentation less noticeable. I often use the Aztec indian clay mask for oil control but I think turmeric may work better, without the discomfort drying of the indian clay.

I also found better results using an organic turmeric over the store bought spice. The smell and the color/texture was different so I recommend purchasing organic as I saw a difference between the two.

I use this as often as I can, usually 3-4 times per week, leaving it on as long as I can, usually an hour. I mix up a decent sized batch and keep it in the fridge for the next few days use.

There has been some slight staining, nothing a wash and an overnight sleep didn't resolve.

Don't be a silly goose people. Give this a shot! I'm very critical of skin products and this stuff really did work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My husband and I have been taking tumeric supplements for many years due to it being advised to be excellent for an antinflammatory diet which we started some years back and also with cooking with it (only downside is it is very staining but I love the taste it adds) and I can honestly say I notice if I do not take it and feel it makes a world of difference if used long term for a number of health issues including skin inflammatory conditions like acne. So for anyone who does not want the hassle of the staining I do recommend taking a tumeric supplement.

on 4/26/2014 2:26:00 PM

I used to have HORRIBLE psoriasis all over my body. My mom suggested I try taking Turmeric via a pill each day. I bought some otc and took it for a month.....certainly not expecting to see big results. I saw a HUGE improvement! I have just a few spots on my elbows, back and scalp. While I wish I was 100% free of this...which I will never be, I will say that I am 90% free of it. If I slack off taking it for just one day, I start to get itchy and notice the psoriasis flaring up. I would def. recommend it to anyone who is a psoriasis sufferer.

on 4/25/2014 7:25:00 PM

I had $8 left on a William Sonoma gift card and the only thing I could afford was a jar of turmeric. So glad! I've been mixing it with my Aztec clay and greek yogurt for the past 2 weeks and my skin is so happy. I've been making my own clay masks for about 5 years and this is my favorite add-in so far. Immediate results! Tighter pores, more overall clarity and just all that little "congestion" that looks gross in a magnified mirror are visibly diminished right after I wash it off. I'm hoping over time it will even out zit scars and freckles, but too soon to tell. I did have a couple of those annoying colorless bumps that just sit there doing nothing, and I believe this is what has brought them to a head so they can be on their way. The amount of turmeric I've used (1 to 4 ratio with clay) has not stained my face or hands, as far as I can see. Some say on certain complexions the yellow tint reads as a glow, so maybe that's me. I feel hella glowy.

on 4/22/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The BEST anti-acne mask ever! I mix a little with either plain yogurt and a squeeze of lemon- or I mix it with another sulfur or clay mask. I will buy this amazing yellow stuff for the rest of my life!!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Whats not to love? I've used hi-end skin masks, and this works just as well,i use a more basic mask mixing half a tea spoon of tumeric with a spoon of natural yogurt. But its so versatile you can create your own. Yes it leaves my skin with a yellow tint, but it fades quickly. I instantly have smoother skin. I hope over time my skins discoloring fades but I don't know yet, I'll have to use it daily for a few months before i can decide.

on 4/14/2014 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Use this every night! Along with my murad acne complex. Without it i dont koiw what'd i do! I make a paste of water with this and smear it all over my face and wake up with wrinkleless clear soft skin.

on 4/3/2014 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Looooove turmeric! Makes my skin feel soft and gets rid of redness because of its anti inflammatory properties. I usually put about a tsp of turmeric to a tablespoon of honey (manuka) and a dash of cinnamon. I keep this mask on as long as I can. Anywhere from 30 min to a couple hours. If you are pale like me and the tint it leaves behind looks way to yellow, one pump of plain baby wash takes it right off. Baby wash is the only cleanser I've used that completely takes the yellow off. It's super gentle and you don't have to scrub your face off. I try to do this mask at least a couple times a week.

on 4/3/2014 2:56:00 AM

I've been hearing about turmeric for a while but I never tried it out myself. I never really thought my skin was dry but I do get dry patches a lot. I just made myself a mask out of turmeric, honey, a few drops of lemon, and a bit of water to thin out the mixture. I'm really surprised how soft my face feels after using this. My skin usually doesn't react much to products or anything for the matter. It doesn't get worse or better. It kind of just says the same, which is frustrating but after using this only once my skin has never felt so soft...its feels like baby skin. No exaggeration either, I will edit my post about how I feel the more I use turmeric. So far I am amazed by the results. A bag of turmeric was around $2. So cheap yet way more effective compared to anything I have ever used. So worth going a try, you never know if it might do wonders to your skin too.

No one mentions how unpleasant the smell is though. I have never used turmeric as a spice so I didn't know what to expect. This stuff does stain so try not getting it on clothes or anything like that. I was extra careful when I was applying it because of reading the reviews I didn't want to stain anything. I even rinsed off my face very carefully to not have it splash on my clothes. That is something to look out for. My bowls stained afterward but I'm not sure that can we solved with some bleach. After washing the mask off though my face even stained. I got it off with slowly rubbing it off with a towel. I wouldn't recommend that though because it even stained my towel. I'm not sure if it wil come out but make sure you do not use any white towel. I'm sure there are better methods but that is what I did. It evenually came all off by doing that.

Popular Face Skincare Products

Fix+
Rosehip Seed Oil
Turmeric Mask
Rosehip Oil

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to get clear skin, remove acne, and dark circles by farahdhukai

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products