September 16, 2014 | 1773 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by DarceyLondon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this having had great success with the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse and the Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser (although it does irritate a little after a while). I bought this foundation in the same shade as the Dream Liquid Mousse. That was a mistake. The same shade in this foundation is darker and looks very orange. I'm also not a fan of the texture. On my dry skin it went on okay, but it's too sheer for me and doesn't do anything to even out skintone or hide imperfections. It also did nothing to 'rewind' my age. It claims to instantly erase time - it didn't. In fact, after a while it was patchy and uneven and made me look older rather than younger. Also not sure how hygienic the sponge applicator is as there is no way of cleaning it so far as I know. I gave this foundation a week, then I threw it in the bin. I would definitely not repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Khalisi86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It's such a shame you can not buy Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer in the UK. I really would like to try it out.
Well...in that case I forced myself to use Age Eraser foundation as a concealer and I find it to work really great!
The consistency is very light and moistruizing and that's what I need. I have not tried it on my full face, only under eye or on some blemishes and I am very pleased with this product. Shade range is not so good but I use 05 light beige and it's pretty perfect for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this concealer today and I am impressed with the result. I am the colour "light" and I feel it matches my skin almost identical. The only con I can think of as of today, is the applicator. Application can be improved because I find it a pain to have to twist the top in order to get product out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and an NC 20-25 in Mac and I got the color 130. This foundation sucks if you have oily skin. A true test for a foundation for me is wearing it through a work day. I am usually running around alot so at the end of the day I can def get a feel if a foundation is going to work for me or not. Not even 2 hours in I was an oil-slick on my T Zone ( I set with Mac blot powder as well) I would return it but I already tossed the receipt.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The foundation formula itself is actually really nice. I hate the packaging and the sponge tip applicator. The lasting power is really good and I found a excellent match for my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This foundation wasnt all that bad I was surprised by the fact that it didbt make my face look oily like most radiant type foundations do. I don't have oily skin nor do I have dry skin. It's very weird where creams and stuff don't saturate onto my skin and just sit there so it's always been hard for me to find a good foundation. This one went on very nice and light didbt feel like I was wearing a foundation at all. Unlike others I do like the applicator it's easy to use and helps with not applying to much. I have very fair skin with both pink and yellow under stones so there again is a problem. I bought the buff colour which at first looks very yellow till you smooth onto skin after that its a great match. I wanted to love this foundation cause of the reviews and even though it was a decent foundation it just wasnt right for my skin. So far the best foundation I've ever used and is my HG is revlon colour stay for combo/oily skin which thankfully I found out about its greatness on MUA! I recommend the maybeline foundation to anyone with dry skin or even skin that absorbs well unlike mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyteen

I've tried high end foundations like MUFE mat velvet and low end foundations like revlon colorstay. This foundation is definitely my favourite.

COVERAGE: It's a light-medium coverage, but it evens out my skin tone and covers any redness. I have a lot of pimples and acne scars and they are covered quite nicely by this foundation. If it's not covered, I will only dab a bit of concealer over it.

BLENDING: It blends incredibly, it NEVER LOOKS CAKEY. I have to look really close to spot for streaks. The applicator makes applying and blending very time saving.

FINISH: My T-Zone can get really oily but this foundation never makes it look greasier than usual. I absolutely adore the finish. It's not matte, but it's not shiny. It just looks natural on my skin. I would say it is a little dewy.

LASTING POWER: I don't know how long exactly it lasts but I wear it everyday to school, 8-4, and by the time I get home, this foundation is starting to wear off. So don't plan on wearing this for more than 8 hours. It does not rub off on any clothing.

SHADE: Shade nude 190 matches my face PERFECTLY.. I believe that it does oxidize a little darker but it still matches. My face is naturally lighter than my skin so when I first apply it, nude looks exactly the same as my natural face color but after 10 mins, my face seems to match my neck better. It's more yellow and a little darker.

APPLICATOR: The fuzzy ball applicator seems a little gimmicky and not very sanitary. However, it is supposed to be antibacterial and I haven't had a problem with it breaking me out. The first time you apply it, it feels strange but once covered in foundation, it is very soft and it does save a lot of time.

CONS: You do have to use a brush or fingers to get rid of some streaks. You don't really know how much product comes up because you can't see it. (so be careful not to turn it too much) There is a bit of a smell, but it does not bother me like other foundations do. There is not that much product and I believe a small amount gets wasted in the eraser head. It does not have good staying power.

OVERALL: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND for those that want a foundation that does not feel heavy, does not look cakey and will cover redness and even out skin tone. I will be re-purchasing this! My bottle is almost out, and I've used it everyday for at least 6 months... (cannot remember when I bought it though)
I look forward to purchasing the foundation powder in this line and will be reviewing that as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by mlthom123

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The older I get (pushing 61) the less inclined I am to give anything a "OMG, it's HG 5". Having said that, I keep coming back to the Instant Age products. Was so upset when they discontinued the small concealer tubes (why, why, do they do that for goodness sakes, when the reviews were incredibly good) but then discovered the eraser in both concealer and makeup. For me, that little eraser head is perfect. I'm up at 5 am and out the door by 6 in order to start the day by 7 with special needs students. It's not only no fuss touch but scent is fine and coverage midline. I do use Smashbox primer or Hard Candy (which I must review soon) which helps application. Look, at 60 years old, unless you're someone with cash to burn and can afford the now norm cosmetic surgeries many people are getting, this is pretty good and gives a nice finish. I wish I could get all the lasers and botox but I make next to nothing but am blessed with a vocation I'd never leave. So Instant Age Rewind it is...

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised at how much I love this foundation! I purchased it a good while back because I absolutely love the "Age Rewind Eraser Brightener Concealer" -I found it very easy to work with & covers my dark circles like no other drugstore concealer yet so hoped to love the fndtn just as much & I do, but for different reasons..
For reference I have 30yr old, very oily, clog/acne-prone, warm/fair skin. I have the 2nd shade "Buff Beige 130" & its a great match. I originally purchased this because of the attached sponge applicator. I've tried the "brush top applicators" on concealers & fndtns in the past & don't find the brushes to be very useful (still required blending w/a sponge or fingers) so I wanted to try this - being an on the go mother of two, there are MANY times that I'm applying my makeup on the living room floor or in the car Lol so am not always able to do a full face at my vanity with my dampened beauty blender (you get the picture right? ;D)
Luckily I was dead on right about this! The sponge applicator really helps me (I do end up blending a little with my fingers when I'm done using the sponge, but it's not required to the point that the sponge is uselss)
I do have breakout prone skin & this has thankfully never given me any issues whatsoever :)
It is also very light coverage (which is what I personally want for days I'm quickly applying fndtn away from my vanity) It may be possible to build it up to medium coverage since it's so natural looking, but if you are looking for something very full coverage, this is just not for you. But for me, not only does it even out my skintone without looking like a mask, it gives a sort of *glow* to my face that I can't explain, and it's great!
From time to time I stray away from this to try other things, but I recently rediscovered it & regret forgetting about it!! I've been reaching for it a lot lately, even on days that I do have time to do a full face at my vanity just because I do love the look this gives, and I *always* carry this in my purse.
I paid between $9-10 USD which is not bad for a quality, drugstore foundation. If it were more, I'd pay more because I think it's great & I have to say I was suprised to see the amount of negative reviews :( I guess that products truely are "YMMV" -different things for different people, but this holds up very well on my oily skin, doesn't oxidize mid-day, doesn't require being "set" with powder (even though I do usually set it just because I like the poreless look most powders give) & it doesn't accentuate my large pores or any flakies I have -5 lippies from me all the way! I highly reccomend for anyone looking for an inexpensive lightweight foundation, and plan on repurchasing again & again myself :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Right off the bat, this didn't work for me because I have strong yellow undertones, and all the colors are for pink/neutral. It oxidized even darker too, so it was a return to Ulta.

As for the actual consistency, it's very gel/serum-like. Initial coverage is very sheer and I had a hard time getting the foundation to blend. It kind of just sat on top of my skin rather than absorbing. I have oily skin with lots of hyperpigmentation, so I have plenty to cover and no matter how many layers i couldn't get this to look skin-like. You definitely need to go back and use concealer.

Overall, I recommend this for pink/neutral undertones and dry to normal skin.