September 19, 2014 | 1949 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Olay Simply Ageless

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by lulabell923

I really wanted to like this product. I find that it applies smoothly with really nice full coverage, but within a short amount of time it appears dried out and cakey. It also emphasizes the fine lines under my eyes, even if I just dot on a very small amount. I tried to use this instead to cover spots and blemishes, but found that it was so dry that it only made the spots stand out more and look flaky. This was expensive for a drug store concealer and definitely a disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not a fan, which is disappointing considering I LOVE the Simply Ageless foundation. I usually use concealer under my eyes to mask dark circles and this made the area look cakey and wrinkly and very dried out. Not a good look for someone looking to hide wrinkles or fines lines. There are definitely concealers I will use over this for that purpose but this would be ok for other areas that might need concealing, like age spots or blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

How does one go about looking for a new under eye concealer? Go to Makeupalley of course. Based on a brand that has been tried and tested, amount of reviews and purchase again votes I decided to try this drug store concealer. I've been using Bobbi Brown Corrector and theBalm concealer for years. When used with the BB Corrector, works great! But even without it, was what impressed me.

I have stubborn, heriditary dark circles and concealer is a must! I was hesitant -a drug store concealer with no samples- (I'm so used to Sephora) I thought would be a for sure return. I have it in the color light/medium. I always go with concealers that are lighter than my skin tone to cover the darkness under my eyes. Would this be yellow base or pink, too light? This is my go to concealer and just blends effortlessly. Just one swipe and tap tap under my eyes. I use this with my Stila Illuminating Foundation powder and Benefits Eye Bright to conceal even more shadows.

All claims have proved true for me. From the Olay site...
This creamy formula covers imperfections, conceals under-eye circles, and visibly brightens skin. Like all Simply Ageless makeup, it's made with Olay Regenerist Serum, so it stays suspended over fine lines and wrinkles, for younger, firmer-looking skin
Transforms from solid to liquid on contact with skin, evens skin tone, brightens skin under eyes for a more wide-awake look.

The price is about $10-12 but you got such large amount. This is a bargain. Love!
For reference I am C4ish, yellow tone, warm skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I was cleaning my "stash" the other day, and found 2 Simply Ageless within. I remembered buying it when it first came out, test/play with it & didn't care/think much about it.
I had to open & look at it one more time, OMG, it shrank into the shape of suppository, no kidding.
If you like it, use it fast, the container is not air-tight.
Silicone is volatile, and if only the colour matching & texture is good enough, I can overlooked that, but it isn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite concealer!!!! I don't use it for my undereyes but this is perfect for blemishes and redness. It is creamy and smooth. I apply this concealer and buff a mineral foundation over it and it looks flawless. It makes a great base because powders seem to stick to it really well. The colors are pretty good for a drugstore (not too pink).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kssmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AMAZING!! doesn't crease, lightweight, conceals my purplish dark circles perfectly, a little goes a long way. My new HG concealer! and it's fairly cheap!!! I bought the "corrector" shade.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by JenniaB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading reviews I bought it only to realize that most colors run a bit pink, so I got one in corrective. But while trying to cover my acne, it accentuates dryness that I did not know is there. So I returned it and got my now HG hard Candy glamoflauge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by smsetien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this concealer! I was very skeptical at first because I had not found an actual working concealer for me since I started wearing makeup. The consistency of this is so creamy and light. When I put it on it actually conceals my blemishes, dark marks, and under eyes perfectly without adding a highlight affect, which is great because I prefer to add all my highlighting after. I took someone's advice and purchased the 'Light' one, instead of the 'Very Light' because I read that the swirls of Olay moisturizer lightened the product, just as adding moisturizer to your foundation would. It was a bit on the pricey side, but I got $5 dollars off with a coupon and I think it really made it worth it especially with the amount of product you get. I would still purchase it at full price because it matches my skin tone, it's light and creamy, and it's way cheaper than department store brands. (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I LOOOOOOOOVE this product. I got this in the "corrector" shade, although it is very yellow. The rest of the shade range tends to be more on the pink side, so I think the naming convention is a little off, but I digress...

This product is truly amazing. So very pigmented and moisturizing. I use this as an all-over concealer and I've never broken out from it. It covers redness nicely and brightens the undereye area with ease.

Lasts just about all day too. I'm so glad I got this. Definitely will be a staple in my collex from this point on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, all those positive reviews were right. This concealer really is extraordinary for a drugstore product, and it can easily run against many expensive high end concealers. Not to mention that at 0.30 oz, the Simply Ageless Concealer boasts a lot of creamy product for half the price of so many high end concealers.

Now, I am extremely pale. I guess the best way to describe my skin tone is Fair with Slight Yellow Undertone - which is Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation Shade 2.0. I also wear MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC15 beautifully. My exact shade in CoverGirl Tone Rehab Foundation is Classic Ivory. So you get the point.

One of the reviews here mentioned that because of the white swirls, it's best to buy a shade darker than you would normally buy. Now, I would probably do fine with Very Light 205. However, it really is too light even for my ghostly fair skin. So I bought both Very Light 205 as well as Light 210. Light 210 was perfect. I could have used Very Light easily, except it matched my skin so well that it didn't actually conceal. I know that sounds weird, but it looked like I hadn't even applied concealer, and my dark circles, old acne scars, and redness were still highly visible. Which was how I knew I had bought the wrong shade. A concealer needs to actually conceal, and if you buy a shade too light, it's going to look weird, like the color had vanished into your skin.

Now, about the formula: Normally I prefer organic or natural products, but those are almost impossible to find in drugstores. So the next best thing for me would be makeup that offers skin-nourishing ingredients, like peptides and vitamins and minerals that help skin stay smooth, soft, bright, and youthful. I may only be in my early 30s, but thanks to a decade of proper skin care I still look 20. And so I want makeup that keeps up with that. CoverGirl Simply Ageless Concealer does that. It does not settle into fine lines, it does not fade, and it really does make my skin look smoother and brighter! So of course I am very happy. It's creamy without being too thick, and I can cover my whole face with just a few swipes. I love the CoverGirl Tone Rehab Foundation for its wonderful creamy coverage, but the Simply Ageless Concealer is easier to carry in my purse, heh.

Honestly, my only complaints were because I do wish it had fuller coverage and more color options. It really is not as good as some of my organic concealers or some of my high end concealers, but it is up there, especially for the price. I'd rather pay $12 for .30 oz than, say $32 for .17 oz, if you know what I mean.