December 22, 2014 | 1098 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by CristiK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not sure why this powder got so many negative reviews! I like it. Light, natural, goes on easily and I like the package. I am scraping the edges to get the last bits out, and I never had any problem with breakage. I never noticed any excess shimmer or sparkle. Just a basic, easy to use powder. I'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Overall I think this is an okay product. It doesn't look too white and chalky on me personally, and I don't mind the shimmer, I don't find it TOO glittery. The little brush it comes with is useless, I use a fluffy powder brush to apply this. Probably wouldn't buy again, because I'm sure there are better and cheaper translucent powders out there, but I'll use it up :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by SiameseKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Surprised to read all the bad reviews for this powder. I discovered this a couple of years ago (when I could no longer find the Cornsilk Translucent compacts) and have been using it ever since. I apply it with a big fluffy powder brush over L'oreal's True Match liquid fondation (another winner!) It sets my makeup and keeps it looking flawless until I take it off at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by brielouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best drugstore translucent powders on the market, for sure. If enough product is applied, it definitely keeps my foundation matte (with the help of a good primer of course) and makes it longer lasting. It obviously isn't a miracle product, considering it's inexpensive for a translucent powder, but for somebody who doesn't use them often, I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Velvet72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Seeing as this product has some bad reviews,I thought I would come to its defense. I really,really like this powder. I have been in mourning ever since Clinique discontinued their gentle light powder,and have been on the prowl for a substitute. This is not loose,as was gentle light,but pressed but all the same I think this is a good find. I must say, I am fair and blond,but this is a great colour for me. And I LIKE the slight sparkle in it...it gives me just a touch of glow and shimmer to my skin without being in your face sparkly. It is not chalky,or grainy in the slightest,but is nice and soft and silky. I find it blends in to my skin well and is neither too matt, or too shiny. I really really Like this powder! But honestly...it does have noticeable specks of sparkle in it...so if you don't like that effect then stear clear!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I needed to come back and share my disappointment with you all. I don't know why this powder looked so good when I applied it in a store using a tester, but I am quite disappointed with what I have found after using it for 2 weeks. I really did try with this one, wanted to love it.

MUA's, remember that a good translucent finishing powder should will be finely milled and extremely soft to the touch. This is what gives you that flawless, soft, non cakey finish. Many high end translucent finishers will (most of the time) contain silica powder. The Revlon Photoready does not have the texture, or ingrediants to even compare with other high end makeup finishers.

I have found that this powder does not settle into my skin, it sits on top and does not blend well. It highlighted small bumps on my skin, and appeared cakey around slightly dryer areas of my skin. I wanted to like it, so I continued using it, thinking that perhaps I just wasn't having a good skin week, but no - still caked up on me. I even bought a good qaulity stipple brush because I thought perhaps it could have been an application error. No. Just didn't work for me. I also found that the powder lightened my skin by 1 shade, I needed to apply my darker foundation, so that I wouldn't appear fair, like the powder made me. The sparkles started to become a problem. I do not know why Revlon put sparkles in a translucent finisher. It is a massive turn off.

The texture of this powder is NOT soft and finely milled like a translucent powder should be. I would not recommend it. I will be giving this to my sister instead. I have since switched to a silica based, finely milled translucent powder which is similar to the MUFE translucent finisher.

I have uploaded a picture of the Revlon Photoready finisher. Hope this review helped, beautyqueens! x
-----------------------------------------
After reading dozens of negative reviews and complaints about the sparkles, I decided that I would put this product to the test. I have ordered it online, however I couldn't wait so I decided to go into Priceline (drugstore in Aus) and see what all the hype about the sparkles was about.

Sparkles: I appied both the Photoready foundation, concealer AND the translucent finisher. All of which contain these light reflecting sparkles. I looked in several different mirrors that day. I also went out into the sun to see if the sparkles were noticeable. They were barely apparent, and remember - this is with the Photoready foundation too. If you look really closely (4 cm away), you can notice some small sparkles, but like I said - they were barely visible on me and nobody is going to be staring at your face from 4cm away. Remember, I was using the foundation too which also contains the light reflecting sparkles, so the sparkles would have been more noticeable on me than anyone else who was just wearing this over their foundation.

Colour: As the product is translucent, it is colourless. It looks white in the packaging, but it will not add colour if you apply it correctly. I have a light - medium skin tone, so I was worried that this product would lighten my skin. It didn't.

Durability: Makeup stayed on all day. I even pressed a tissue on my face, and hardly any makeup came off. Applied it around 12.00 noon, came home at 8 and my makeup still looked beautiful and fresh.

For the price, I'd totally recomment this product. Unfortunately for us in Australia, it RRPs for $27.95, and that's USD too. I bought mine online for $11.95. I would still recommend it even if you paid full price for it. It is considerably cheaper than buying mac, and is very similar to the mac translucent finisher.

Hope this review helps, beauty queens! x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by kalikabarlow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out. Not happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by rain12blue

After using this compact for some time now I can finally place a verdict to this product.

PROS:
- Pretty much affordable, I got it on a sale like those 3 for 2 offers
- Sets foundation and makes your face look flawless especially on photographs

CONS:
- Mattifying ability is non-existent
- Will emphasize your acne/bumps
- Way too much sparkles

I thought that by tapping out the excess of the powder you will somehow get rid of the sparkles but no it does not.

Overall it photographs well and makes your face flawless but in person it is very sparkly and people DO NOTICE the sparkles.

Would probably not purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by KatnissJane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It breaks and is fragile it fmdrys your skin out makes it look pale and sparkly and I'm way to disgusted with it I want to scream don't waste your money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this translucide finishing powder to do a nice finish over some minerals or foundations.this brings a nice dewy look to all of my foundations or minerals! It sets the foundations pretty well,leaves a nice finish,blends well.i use this with either my powder brush or my stambling brushes by ecotools,wich works perfectly with that powder.love it!