July 25, 2014 | 1760 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - PhotoReady Translucent Finisher

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by thegirl123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been a fan of Revlon face products, so I bought this powder as an alternative for the ELF HD powder (I didn't want to hassle with shipping and such). I bought this for around $11. I WOULD NOT use this powder to set your concealer under your eyes, because it accentuates the creases. Also, this powder is very glittery, making it unideal for everyday use. The packaging was pretty good, though, and came with a mirror. I don't use this powder for my face, but since I don't want to waste it, I found that it works great as a natural eyeshadow! I would not recommend this product, unless you;re looking for a pricey eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by steppedonalego

LOVE this stuff. I am naturally really pale, so it doesn't make me any paler than I already am... I wish it lasted a little longer (I have oily skin, so 4 hours max is what I get out of it). BUT, with that said, it's finally something that is as pale as me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this powder a lot. It's a nice dupe for MAC Blot. I didn't experience any glitter/shimmer or anything like that. I use it to freshen up my nose and T-zone throughout the day and again, a winner for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

I really like the coverage of this finisher. It looked great and gave me a nice glow nothing too glittery. The only thing is these powders are delicate so if you drop it it can break easily.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Riian

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the PhotoReady Translucent Finisher!. . It looks great in pictures it gives you a "healthy glow" while keeping your face matte. I personally think it would look best on Fair and Light/Meduim skin. People say the shimmer is noticleable , It realy isnt! It just luminates your face. But the downfall of this is that it creases on your eye lids very easy if your setting it over concealer , and can be a bit paleing. i would definitely recomend people say its a good dupe for the Make up for ever HD High definition powder . i say its worth the try!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's finely milled unlike Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder. You will notice tiny specks of sparkles in the product b4 applying but after putting on face you don't notice on your face. Smells like any other powder out there on the market. Does not appear to have any added fragrance. The scent is not over powering or noticeable.

Does not look cakey since it's a translucent powder. I find that whenever I use colored powder it appears cakey even if the sheerest amount is applied to face. This powder is not for the purpose of controlling oils. I'm actually not oily at all, if anything quite dry to dehydrated at times. Even so, I was shocked to find my nose area so oily and wet looking in under 1 hour after applying the powder. Did I not apply enough powder? I didn't get this kind of result from Revlon Colorstay. All I wore underneath the powder was my Revlon Colorstay foundation, Neutrogena Water light Sunscreen, diluted (with water) Cetaphil moisturizer, diluted (with water) Neutrogena Toner.

Bought on sale @ $11CDN b4 taxes. Not sure about regular price, but I believe it's somewhere around $15CDN regular b4 taxes. Comes with a small wide brush which is not really useful for me since I like to use cheek brush to apply.

**Update** I decided to give this another try and wore this again but this time, I put a considerable amount, going all over the face with a fan brush. The finish was a soft smooth look and surprisingly, I did not get oily even though I sweated like crazy while wearing it. I think this powder is not as oil absorbing as powders that do absorb well such as Revlon Colorstay. With the Colorstay powder, I put it very lightly in areas that I know will get shiny like my T-zone and it absorbs moisture well, too well for my comfort actually. Photoready powder is for those looking for light to medium oil absorbing power.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is just okay to me, not particularly good but not terrible either. This stuff, used on its own especially, looks cakey and just seems to sit on top of my skin rather than blend in. So that also means it rubs right off rather easily. I do like the shimmer in it, and because it does actually lighten up my skin a bit I am going to keep it for my foundations that are a tiny bit too dark. The packaging is a bit annoying as well because of the wasted space for a terrible brush I wouldn't use even in an emergency. I use a Eco Tools kabuki brush instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by natablue

I bought this mainly to use as a setting powder for my foundation. I'm fair skinned, so I liked the idea of a translucent powder, to not add any more color. However, I've noticed that when applying this it LIGHTENS up my skin, so I look even paler, even though it's supposed to be translucent.
I also don't care for the fact that it has sparkles in it - I think the point of it is to "diffuse" light - but if it were truly "photoready" to best finish would be a matte finish.
The brush is worthless - I don't know why some companies throw in a useless brush. When applying this, I use a big fluffy brush.
Anyway, this just doesn't do what I purchased it to do, I guess it helps set my foundation, but it doesn't blend in; I feel like it just sits on top of my makeup, and as I mentioned, shows up even though it's marketed as "translucent."
I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wish I'd read the reviews here before making this impulse purchase! I've used Coty Airspun for years, but as my skin is aging I don't get the finish I'd like anymore. Thought this would be a good alternative and give me a nice "airbrushed" finish, What I wound up with was an un-natural, chalky finish. This one's going straight in the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Vic77546

waste of money !!!! i was looking for a good setting powder under my eyes and this just brought the creases out more ..... if i saved the recipet i would have taken it bck but im just trowing it away because its useless ....And like other reviews it does make u look lighter if you put it all over the face