July 29, 2014 | 972 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It didn't do much for me and made me break out after using it for 4 consecutive days. It seems like you're running glue on your face and then rinsing it. It does leave your skin feeling fresh after though (I give it that).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by laylaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Found this be very drying, had immediate breakouts that continued throughout use. Some have suggested that rinsing carefully can prevent this, but in my experience no. An entire bottle later, I am questioning whether my face will ever recover.

In general, I experienced more drying effect from this product than many products with active ingredients INTENDED to dry. Would not repurchase, possibly not even at gunpoint.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did not do much for my skin. irritated and broke it out more if anything

what i liked about this cleanser:
-foaming
-smell
-packaging

what i disliked about this cleanser:
-harsh on skin
-broke me out
-irritated face even more
-did not clam skin
-burned around my eyes
-contained fragrance

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I did not like this cleanser. It did nothing for my skin. It doesn't remove make-up (and I don't even wear much). I don't expect any kind of miracles from my cleanser, but this did nothing and was basically pointless to use. That being said, I didn't have any type of bad reaction to it.

I think this is just a really basic cleanser for people who don't wear make-up and whose skin is already in pretty good shape.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by kalliope

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a cleanser that I keep around even though I don't use it daily anymore. It's one of the few cleansers that doesn't obviously irritate my skin or cause breakouts. If I use it for more than 2-3 weeks in a row, though, I'll start to see some mild flaky patches. But using it on occasion, or for shorter stretches, is great -- it always seems to make my skin look brighter, clear, and calm. I find it removes my liquid mineral makeup just fine, but I often use a Sephora facial scrublette (gently) to help with that. A pea-sized dollop is plenty, as it goes a long way.

Reading the other negative reviews just goes to show you how everything is so YMMV when it comes to your skin. The other "simple" and "gentle" cleansers out there don't agree with my skin, but this one does. (Cetaphil gives me tight, flaky skin on first use, Purpose only works for a week or so before irritating me, etc...)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by KyeH

I think this product is usually more expensive (for a drugstore brand, that is), however, I found it at Walgreens on sale for $5.00. I try to use less chemical filled products on my face. I usually can use an organic bar of soap to cleanse my face. I get a few pimples right before my period but nothing major. It doesn't take much to keep my face clear, in short. So, I read reviews on my phone before purchasing. A few people said it made them break out but I ignored the review because I rarely have HUGE breakouts. Upon starting this product THE NEXT MORNING I had all these new pimples. LIKE HUGE PIMPLES. I figured it meant maybe the face wash was working and just cleaning my pores. NOPE, I am almost done using the whole container and the past few weeks I have constantly had the worst breakout since I was a teenager. Huge mountains of white heads across my forehead, chin, cheeks (places I NEVER get pimples). Ridiculous. Needless to say, I broke down today and bought Clearasil Ultra which is full of chemicals because I am really wanting to clear up my face FAST. I also read a review which said you have to make sure you REALLY wash this stuff off your face because leaving any film on your face will cause you to break out. I washed it GOOD trust me. Nothing gives. I wouldn't buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by serenapauline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is SO incredibly drying, which is odd for me to say seeing how my t-zone is quite oily. It made my whole face feel tight, parched, and just uncomfortable. My face also looked more red than usual, probably because this sucked out all the moisture in my skin. It might work for someone with extremely oily skin all over, who knows. I really had high hopes for this considering it has hardly any ingredients in it and it's fragrance free. I'm just glad I didnt waste too much money on this. I wouldn't recommend this, there are tons of better products out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Minou87

Overall a good cleanser, although nothing special over most other general gel cleansers. It did what it claimed and left my skin clean without drying it. Although it left my T-Zone a tiny bit oily and not as clean as I would have preferred, I believe this might be attributed to the fact that Simple is made for sensitive skin and does not contain any harsh products that are intended to "strip" the skin of oil.

The verdict? I would re-purchase this product in the future, but most-likely for the winter months when my T-Zone isn't as oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by np_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of this, so I've been using it for a while. This is a very basic, no frills cleanser that does the job. It doesn't lather much but that's ok. I have very oily skin and this cleanses the oil off my face every morning without making it dry or flaky. I've used other cleansers that claim to be gentle but they ultimately dried out my skin and made it feel tight. This is my go to daily morning cleanser at the moment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I haven't tested this out yet. I am very acne prone and will update my review. However for those who want to know here are the ingredients in mine**:
* Water
* Cocamidopropyl Betaine
-shown some allergic reactions (I'm assuming this is due to it being derived from Coconut oil- which is also comodogenic- aka stuff clogs your pores)
- it is a foam booster
* Propylene Glycol
-this is what makes it a clear gel wash
* Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
-basically helps hydrate your skin
* Panthenol
-provitamin of B5
-helps with skin penetration
* Disodium EDTA
-shown to enhance the foaming and cleaning capabilities of a cosmetic solution
-it counteracts the adverse effects of hard water by binding with heavy metal ions contained in tap water, which in turn prevents the metals from being deposited onto the skin
* Sodium Hydroxymethylcinate
-prevents bacterial or fungus growth
-this has replaced parabens
-also known to irritate skin

**disclaimer: I am not a doctor, scientist or professional. The information was taken from a simple google search on the product names.

3/27/13 update: I have since discontinued using this. I found it did nothing for my skin. I'm not sure what I was hoping for but most cleansers just don't work for me. This is included in that bunch.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No