Simple Kind to Skin Refreshing Wash Gel

3.8

Water (aqua), cocamidopropyl betaine, propylene glycol, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, panthenol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.

on 7/12/2013 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love love love this cleanser! I have incredibly sensitive skin, everything breaks me out. I purchased this and the Cetaphil foam wash. On 6/22/13, I used the Cetaphil foam wash, and after two uses, it broke me out with a cluster of FIVE nasty cystic acne spots on my chin. It's taken 3 weeks plus a two week course of minocycline to finally clear it up and begin the healing process.

Anyway! There is a silver lining to the story, because after noticing the cystic acne forming after just two uses, I promptly switched to the Simple gel wash on 6/23/13. Best decision ever. Even though I had Mount Vesuvius on my chin, the rest of my face began to clear up remarkably within just a few days. For me, that's nothing short of a miracle. My face has always been riddled with comedones and 3-5 zits, plus a few red marks from healing acne at any given time. I can definitely say my skin has never looked better, it's beginning to take on that coveted "glow" and even tone. Still not 100% clear, but given the results I've seen so far, I have no doubt my skin just needs a couple more months.

The gel foams up and washes off really well. Haven't noticed any issues with makeup removal, but I also haven't been using a toner lately since I stopped using everything and have been slowly adding back products to my skincare routine to ensure that I only use items that do not break me out. I have combination skin (very oily t-zone, usually), and I have not noticed this wash drying me out as some others have mentioned. Actually, my t-zone has not been as oily as normal lately... more like an acceptable level of glow. :) I use it in combination with my Clarisonic at night but just with scrubby gloves in the morning, and my skin has never felt softer or smoother. Hope they never stop making this, or I'll have to track down the ingredients and make my own!

Just a couple comments on packaging. It's a flip-top with a somewhat large hole in the lid, which makes it prone to oozing out upon opening. This hasn't been a major issue for me. I have transfered some of it to a different container for shower use, but I still use the original packaging for evening use.

on 7/10/2013 11:59:00 AM

I have mixed feeling about this product. Yes, it takes all makeup off in one use, yes my skin is clean, soft, and acne free, but it dries it out like crazy! This would be a good product for someone who has very oily skin.

on 7/7/2013 12:56:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I bought this product a couple weeks ago because I needed a pretty mild cleanser since I'm on some pretty strong acne medicine. It sounded good, since it's for sensitive skin and "simple". The first time I used it, it was ok. It took off all my makeup and my skin felt clean, although it was pretty drying. But after a week or so of using it, my skin started breaking out terribly. I didn't realize it was this product until I started reading the reviews. So....yeah I will be discontinuing use. Not recommended. It wasn't a great product to begin with and this was the deal breaker.

on 6/21/2013 5:03:00 AM

I use this at they gym. Something to remove my makeup with before hitting the treadmill. It does the cleansing well enough, but the skin feels a little tight. Its a basic cleanser. I will move on to something else after this.

on 6/20/2013 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is ok, it removes makeup well and makes my skin clean and soft. It has never irritated my skin. I think it's perfect for sensitive skin. It foams up well and is refreshing. My only issue would be that it does not wash off as easily as other foam or liquid cleansers.

on 6/16/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of the best cleansers I have ever used - makes my skin so soft and nice! I found a little goes a long way with this product, so a bottle lasted me a long long time. I have sensitive skin and it wasn't irritated by using this cleanser at all. It does have a nice smell (despite being perfume free) so I like using it in that regard. I can't seem to get this anymore where I live, but I would recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin.

on 5/25/2013 3:50:00 PM

So I started using this cleanser about 4 weeks ago. At first I loved loved LOVED the cleanser! It helped my oily skin, it was a great price, and it just made my skin feel lovely. BUT as time wore on, I started to get big red acne spots all over my face in places I have never broken out before. Also, my acne is mostly skin colored bumps and maybe, MAYBE a whitehead every once in a while, but I never get big red pimples! I kept using it thinking it was maybe a reaction to a new medication I had been taking for over a month but then I read some reviews and other people experienced the same thing! So I promptly threw it out this morning and switched back to Neutrogena. Overall, this cleanser made me break out so I probably will never purchase it again! And to put the cherry on top of the already horrible cake, I had to graduate last night with a broken out face! I hope the effects of this cleanser clears up before my university's summer welcome!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It didn't do much for me and made me break out after using it for 4 consecutive days. It seems like you're running glue on your face and then rinsing it. It does leave your skin feeling fresh after though (I give it that).

on 5/9/2013 10:27:00 PM

Found this be very drying, had immediate breakouts that continued throughout use. Some have suggested that rinsing carefully can prevent this, but in my experience no. An entire bottle later, I am questioning whether my face will ever recover.

In general, I experienced more drying effect from this product than many products with active ingredients INTENDED to dry. Would not repurchase, possibly not even at gunpoint.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Did not do much for my skin. irritated and broke it out more if anything

what i liked about this cleanser:
-foaming
-smell
-packaging

what i disliked about this cleanser:
-harsh on skin
-broke me out
-irritated face even more
-did not clam skin
-burned around my eyes