December 22, 2014 | 917 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sandygr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does absolutely nothing as an eye shadow primer, I'm so disappointed, it creases and has no effect in making eye shadow last. The price is ridiculous and it gets dry very soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mmar76q

The previous version of this product was excellent. It was in a pump container, gave great coverage, and there was a lot of product in the bottle (which made it last awhile). Well, this has been reformulated and now has a wand spongy applicator, the stuff is so thin that it doesn't work as a shadow primer or a concealer, and there was barely any product inside the bottle!!! It's mostly air inside because it was gone the first week of using it!! I can't believe I wasted $26 on this dollar store quality garbage!!! It is so obvious that Benefit is cutting back on costs at the expense of the consumer. I will not buy this ever again! What a ripoff.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Mbhamster

It creases. Every primer I try creases. Very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A reasonable and sound primer, but not the best I've ever used. It does see some wear as the day goes on, I find colours tend to fade somewhat, though not as much as they would sans any primer.

Personally, unless I'm wearing creamy shadows or shadow pencils, I don't usually have much of a problem with creasing, so with powder shadows this has been quite sound. I have experienced creasing with cream shadows, so I usually don't wear it with those.

It is a tinted product, which Benefit says can be used to conceal around the whole eye area, including as an under eye concealer. I much prefer invisible eye primers, and a separate under eye concealer if needed, as I can tailor the colour I'm after. Stay Don't Stray is only available in two colours, light/medium and medium/dark, so it may not match all skins tones for effective under eye coverage. As a primer, once spread out, it's a reasonably unremarkable colour on my lids (I'm using the light/medium and my skin tone runs from an NW20 at it's palest during winter, to NC40 at its most tanned at the height of summer).

It applies smoothly, blends very well and feels nice on the skin, it isn't drying, it's texture before spreading out is creamy, but it dries quickly to leave a smooth matte finish which does help to slightly blur fine lines.

It's the slight fading of colours I experience with this, and the fact it is tinted that makes it less esteemed than my favourite primers, but it's a not a bad primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by PrincesadeHielo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would not recommend this primer to anyone who cannot stop their eyeshadow from creasing. I have tested this twice on a 5 and 12 hour shift at my workplace, and it did not last.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Georgia13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually loved this as a sample, bought the full size, & even gave some to a friend. Despite the way the product "pumps" out & distributes too much at once, I still loved the color correction around the eyes & nose. I agree with other reviewers that it works best if your under eye area is not dry. That being said, I am in my 40's & will purchase a more moisturizing eye primer/concealer next. Now that my bottle is getting down towards the bottom, the product comes out as oil & cream separated & will not mix together.
I like the Tarte dark circle concealer better under the eye. I'll have to try the Wet n Wild eye primer as suggested by other reviewers. That price sounds better too!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like this primer. But it's not the best. Keeps my shadow on better than without a primer, but it still smudges/creases after a days wear. Packaging is lovely, texture is nice, but it just doesn't live up to high expectations.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by egray

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for years, until the formula seemed to have changed.
My newest HG discovery for eye (and undereye) primer is Wet n Wild Seize the Day(?). It is the Fergie eye primer.
Every review that compares it with UD and Too Faced has raved about the WnW primer.
And, every word is true. This is the most amazing, affordable primer EVER!!!!
Still looking for affordable great eye cream and concealer. Am 60yo, post chemo by 1 year.
Any suggestions???

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this hoping it would be like the eye shadow primer that used to be in the Benefit shadow pack, which was much thicker. I like it because it's light and holds well, but honestly it does not provide enough color correction or a smooth enough palate for me to stay with it.

I'll probably try urban decay or tarte next time around.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh dear. Creases galore! Works well as in under eye concealer if you have very little to actually hide and are in your early twenties without the tiny lines (but these grey circles aren't being covered by this anytime soon) on my lid it actually helps the creases form. Hooray!!! :-( will try and use up as much as I can tolerate as I spent too much on it (Australia)