November 28, 2014 | 1936 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A reasonable and sound primer, but not the best I've ever used. It does see some wear as the day goes on, I find colours tend to fade somewhat, though not as much as they would sans any primer.

Personally, unless I'm wearing creamy shadows or shadow pencils, I don't usually have much of a problem with creasing, so with powder shadows this has been quite sound. I have experienced creasing with cream shadows, so I usually don't wear it with those.

It is a tinted product, which Benefit says can be used to conceal around the whole eye area, including as an under eye concealer. I much prefer invisible eye primers, and a separate under eye concealer if needed, as I can tailor the colour I'm after. Stay Don't Stray is only available in two colours, light/medium and medium/dark, so it may not match all skins tones for effective under eye coverage. As a primer, once spread out, it's a reasonably unremarkable colour on my lids (I'm using the light/medium and my skin tone runs from an NW20 at it's palest during winter, to NC40 at its most tanned at the height of summer).

It applies smoothly, blends very well and feels nice on the skin, it isn't drying, it's texture before spreading out is creamy, but it dries quickly to leave a smooth matte finish which does help to slightly blur fine lines.

It's the slight fading of colours I experience with this, and the fact it is tinted that makes it less esteemed than my favourite primers, but it's a not a bad primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by PrincesadeHielo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would not recommend this primer to anyone who cannot stop their eyeshadow from creasing. I have tested this twice on a 5 and 12 hour shift at my workplace, and it did not last.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Georgia13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually loved this as a sample, bought the full size, & even gave some to a friend. Despite the way the product "pumps" out & distributes too much at once, I still loved the color correction around the eyes & nose. I agree with other reviewers that it works best if your under eye area is not dry. That being said, I am in my 40's & will purchase a more moisturizing eye primer/concealer next. Now that my bottle is getting down towards the bottom, the product comes out as oil & cream separated & will not mix together.
I like the Tarte dark circle concealer better under the eye. I'll have to try the Wet n Wild eye primer as suggested by other reviewers. That price sounds better too!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do like this primer. But it's not the best. Keeps my shadow on better than without a primer, but it still smudges/creases after a days wear. Packaging is lovely, texture is nice, but it just doesn't live up to high expectations.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by egray

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product for years, until the formula seemed to have changed.
My newest HG discovery for eye (and undereye) primer is Wet n Wild Seize the Day(?). It is the Fergie eye primer.
Every review that compares it with UD and Too Faced has raved about the WnW primer.
And, every word is true. This is the most amazing, affordable primer EVER!!!!
Still looking for affordable great eye cream and concealer. Am 60yo, post chemo by 1 year.
Any suggestions???

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this hoping it would be like the eye shadow primer that used to be in the Benefit shadow pack, which was much thicker. I like it because it's light and holds well, but honestly it does not provide enough color correction or a smooth enough palate for me to stay with it.

I'll probably try urban decay or tarte next time around.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by lipsticknlinguine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh dear. Creases galore! Works well as in under eye concealer if you have very little to actually hide and are in your early twenties without the tiny lines (but these grey circles aren't being covered by this anytime soon) on my lid it actually helps the creases form. Hooray!!! :-( will try and use up as much as I can tolerate as I spent too much on it (Australia)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:39:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is kind of hit or miss. If you have fine lines or dry skin around your eyes, I would not use it. But, if you have relatively smooth skin or oily lids, it's a good product and works as it should, so I give it a three. There are better primers, but this one is okay.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Dandan1

Now that they changed the full product package I'm repurchasing after using the sephora sample for a year + (& still going!). I don't really use eye makeup so I can't attest to this particular use, HOWEVER, as a concealer it's beyond epic. This is the kind of concealer that covers under eye imperfections a AND blemishes completely and survives horribly long days and bikram yoga classes! Now that's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by courtney16spicer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to be honest, I only got this as a sample in Sephora. However, I have been using this for almost 2 years and rather consistently and I've still got a lot of product to go ( and no, it hasn't gotten gross or dried out). The product itself is amazing! I put this on under my eyeshadow every time and it nevers smears, it never creases and never any fallout as I apply it. Throughout the day my eyeshadow does not move at all and it looks perfect all day. I've worn this to quite a few parties and my eyes look great all through the night, my mascara barely moves too. I have to say that I prefer the sample applicator compared to the normal one, it's a little foam applicator brush and it always gets the right amount and places it perfectly. I will definitely be buying the proper product once I've finished what I have-probably not for a while!