BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

on 5/25/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

There are way better primers out there, for example Too Faced Shadow Insurance (which in my opinion works better than UDPP). Nor repurchasing.

on 5/22/2014 11:28:00 AM

This was my first eyelid primer and though it doesn't work very well for shadows, it helped me cover my undereye circles pretty well! I use UD's primer potion in Eden nowadays, but I'm considering repurchansing this for daily use, as the UD one is more suited for special occasions because of the matte finish.

on 5/8/2014 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this as part of a set, I can't remember the name but it was the concealer one.
Within 3 months this split, and I mean seriously split, could not blend it back together split. I'd pump some out and it was like a little thick creamy turd of concealer sitting in an oil slick. Even before this split it was hard to work with and too thick to blend out nicely.
I would not buy this again, luckily I didn't buy the stand alone full size.

on 5/6/2014 6:16:00 PM

I only clicked "Yes, I would buy this again" because there isn't a "eh, maybe" option. I don't hate this product (I do hate most Benefit products, though..) but it's not spectacular. I noticed my eyeshadow (from the Naked Basics palette) had kind of migrated upwards in places after half a day which was alarming, but, the saving grace this product has for me is that when I use it as an under eye primer, it also conceals my dark circles a LOT just on it's own. I then Beauty Blend my MAC concealer under my eyes and it's almost like I don't have two small children who take turns keeping me awake at night.

on 5/1/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really should have known.
Despite reading many mixed reviews on this product, I came across it in the drugstore and made a last-minute decision to purchase. There is something about the Benefit displays that suck me in, even though I should know better by now.

At $30 CAN a pop, it was an expensive mistake to make.
To clarify, what I was looking for was a tinted primer that would help correct the discolourations in my eye area (being very fair means a lot of dark circles and veins, in my case), while also keeping my oily lids under control.

While this primer certainly was tinted, that is where the good part of my review ends, sadly. "Stay Don't Stray" didn't last more than 4 hours on my lids without creasing-- both above and below the lid.

I will finish the tube and try to make the best of things, but I certainly won't be repurchasing this primer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my first (and probably last) Benefit product. I had never tried this brand previously because it's so damned expensive but when I was at Sephora, I wanted to get my first eye primer and wasn't sure what to pick. I naturally went toward the UDPP but a Sephora lady advised me to try this.
The Stay Don't Stray Light shade was a litte too dark for me but I could deal by blending well (what's the point of making a primer that also serves as a concealer/concealer primer but without proposing enough shades to satisfy a wide number of people?!). Unfortunately, after 20min, it had oxydized orange brown and made me look riduclous. The eyeshadow I had put there had creased worse than if I had put nothing there. The texture is thick, uncomfortable and it made my eyelids itch and hurt in spite of my skin not being sensitive. I do not recommend this product at all, I threw 25 out of the window.

on 4/16/2014 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was useless. It creased within 2 hours. And not just slightly. It was a mess. By lunch, it looked like there wasn't even eyes hadow on.

Crease city! This is a crap product. My eyeshadow creased within 2 hours. Goes on smooth and mattifies the eye but the staying power is horrible.

on 3/20/2014 4:00:00 PM

I did some research on primer's and decided on this brand as i have a few of their other products. I wouldn say that the eye shadow lasts for around 10-12hrs. I don't get creases which is great! The picture on here is an older version of the packaging. Some stores still have the pump. If you get it from Sephora you can get the tube with a stick to make applying easier and less waste. Overall I love this product and would buy it again.

on 3/19/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I mix a bit of this with a tiny bit of high-beam, dab it under my eyes, and it makes a perfect eye-brightening concealer! :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials