Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

3.6

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisestearate, May contain: Cl 73360 Red, Cl 77492 Iron Oxides [May 13, 2010] SILICONE CITY

on 1/17/2013 4:48:00 PM

I have repurchased this product 3 times now and it is definitely my HG primer! I have very dry skin in the winter so I have a lot of trouble getting my foundation to apply smoothly even after using a heavy moisturizer. This stuff makes my foundation go on so easily and last all day and it gives me a great glow, even when I use powder! I have hyperpigmentation in my skin and a lot of redness, and I don't find that the pink tint makes that any worse. Also, it does go on with a little bit of shimmer/sparkle but after applying foundation you can't see that at all. It also makes my makeup last all day! I think the longest I've had my makeup on with this was maybe 16 hours and it still looked flawless! I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin or for the summer months, but for dry skin this stuff is amazing!
***Packaging is also good because it's in a tube. Only problem is that a lot of the product gets stuck at the top. When I'm at the end I like to cut the top off so I can get to the product that's stuck. This usually gets me an extra 7days of primer!

on 12/7/2012 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this product is between bad and very bad. I am not picky, but it feels like a petroleum jelly, just overpriced. I do not get a point of this product. It does noting except making skin softer. Stay away.

on 12/3/2012 9:59:00 AM

Stay away from this stuff. The only positive thing I can say about this is that after applying it, your skin feels like velvet. Had a horrible time removing it with normal cleansers. I had to exfoliate and add a little baking soda both times I used this junk to remove it which left my skin all dry as exfoliating too often is a bad thing.

on 11/30/2012 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i put this on an its nice an smooth but when i puts my foundation on it feels not rite n it breaks me out

on 11/30/2012 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a clear, silicony primer. When I applied this to my face, then proceeded to apply my foundation and concealer, i noticed that my concealer would not blend like it normally does without a silicony primer. It was like the concealer had nothing to stick to. I wore this one time and that was it. It made me realize that I do not like silicony primers and I have not used another like it since.

on 11/30/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I kind of love this product. It's very much like an Arbonne primer that I used a while ago; I can't actually tell the difference between them. As you can imagine from this comparison, this is a very good primer, but it cost about a fifth of that of the Arbonne version. The pink sheen is very noticeable in the tube, not at all on the face. Unlike some other primers I've used, the shimmer in it is pretty minimal, not at all glittery-looking. It definitely keeps my makeup out of my laugh lines.

Best drugstore primer...period.

Worth the price. A clear color and feels like a moisturizing jelly (I know it sounds gross) but it disappears and leaves my skin even and helps foundation go on perfectly. Not oily at all but does seem to moisturize a little (especially under the eyes!)

The closest thing you will get to smashbox for a fifth of the price.

on 11/4/2012 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was looking for a primer to keep my foundation looking flawless and long lasting, and this was ok. I will not be repurchasing, I think I will go for a more expensive brand next time. It does very little at all, and is very oily.

on 11/3/2012 5:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this primer
I personally would never use primer before foundation as I never found one that worked for me but I decided to give this one a go as I heard good things about it and i'm so glad I did
It feels amazing on your skin! It definitely improves how smoothly my foundation goes on. knew I was having a long day today so I decided to use it and see how long my foundation lasted, and I got it to look perfect from 8am right until 7pm, it's crazy. I definitely say give it a go, 5/5

on 10/19/2012 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never worn much makeup, but have started to become more interested as my skin ages. I have not used a primer other than this, but I'm a fan. I found it through MUA reviews and have used it now for several months with great success. It seems to smooth out the blotchy skin...even the red rosea nastiness. Of course, things are better if I use foundation, but even if I don't, my skin is noticeably better.

Popular Primer/ Correctors