MAC Pro Eye Makeup Remover

3.0

Water, PEG-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-6, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/29/2010 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So, my little sister (8 years old) and her best friend love getting into mine and my moms makeup. We have blues, purple greys-any color eyeshadow you can think of. We have water proof mascara, eyeliners (gel, liquid and pencil) eyebrow pencils anything and eveything EYES! So when they get into it they come out of it with a mix of smokey/plum eyes with grey eyeliner and mascara running down their faces and gel eyeliners. (Don't worry, they use the cheapo stuff from the clearance at walmart not MAC or anything really expensive :]) Well they have to take it off sometime! The only I use to get it off is this-in one swipe their eyes look perfect! I wouldnt trust another remover.

on 7/31/2010 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product until I found The Body Shop Camomile eye make up remover!
While I was happy with how it removed eye shadow & face powders etc it had difficulty removing waterproof makeup. I also find this product very expensive for what it is. Furthermore the packaging is not as clever as some other brands that have pump action tops or flip tops. I used to be quite irritated by having to screw off this big black top everyday. Its not a time saver by any means....MAC should change the design of this bottle!

on 4/22/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I got this in a swap and while it isn't the best, it also isn't the worst. It doesn't remove waterproof makeup, which isn't a big deal to me. I mostly like to carry it with me in a smaller travel size bottle in my purse for emergencies. I like how I can use it and not have to fully wash my face afterward because of an oily residue. It doesn't leave oily residue so I am able to apply makeup right after using it. It is a little drying to my skin, but I always use moisturizer, so again, not a big problem. It doesn't stingy my eye like some people have mentioned in earlier reviews. I probably wouldn't buy it because it is so expensive for so little product.

on 4/19/2010 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Stinging, drying, and just generally horrible waste of money.

I was surprised, as I'm generally a fan of MAC products. This really was a disaster. I can't believe how irritating it is to my eyes.

on 3/23/2010 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

i looooove this remover. it is so gentle and effective! removes even waterproof mascara as if it's nonexistent. it IS on the expensive side but i think it's totally worth every cent. leaves NO oily residue or film on your eyes or face. perfection!

on 3/10/2010 11:17:00 PM

this makeup remover sucks. it doesnt even remove all of your makeup and esp not with waterproof mascara. it also irritated my eyes. NO THANK YOU. returned.

on 1/27/2010 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Horribly drying, and it does not remove heavy makeup. Very disappointed with this product. It is very soapy which takes a long time to rinse off.

on 12/29/2009 2:54:00 PM

I have this remover and it's not very good it takes several times to remove makeup and I don't even wear that much makeup and because i have to go over my eyes over and over it stings at the end.

It's cheap for me because i have the mac pro card which i get a discount but even that, I wouldn't buy it again. I'm now on Chanel and it's like 100x better.

on 8/9/2009 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the worst eye makeup remover I have ever used. I was expecting a super effective remover that would take off all my eye makeup, but it does not do that. Not only is it one of the more ineffective eye makeup removers I've ever used (it just doesn't take everything off, and you have to use it repeated times to get mascara off), it also is highly irritating to my eyes.

This is the most irritating product I've ever used that is actually designed for use on the eyes. Since I got the MAC Pro remover, I mainly Chanel Inimitable Mascara or Phenomen'Eyes Mascara, and it is highly ineffective at removing either. It's also ineffective at removing the eyeliners I use.

I decided to try this during the MAC online sale, and I'll definitely never be repurchasing it. I would put it up for swap, but I wouldn't want anyone else to have to use it, so I'm just going to discard it. For something so irritating, you think it would be more effective at removing eye makeup.

Lancome's Bi-Facil is hand's down THE best eye makeup remover I've ever used, and I should never stray from it, but because of the MAC sale, I foolishly decided to try the MAC Pro. It won't happen again. MAC Pro is so much less effective at removing eye makeup and is 1000 times more irritating to my eyes than the Lancome. In the alternative, cold cream works much better at removing eye makeup than the MAC Pro and is not irritating and is much cheaper.

on 6/20/2009 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I do love my MAC eye make-up and am delighted that I can layer that products so that the look stays on all day. I like this product but I have found that you do need to press the cotton pad against your lid for a couple of seconds to emulsify the make-up and you need to rinse your skin afterwards. It does have a little "sting" to it if I get it in my eye but I don't like oily removers which end up causing me more problems.