November 26, 2014 | 971 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2035 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sandycee

Tried this last month.. I only used it for about 3x times and it started to break me out. Its so baddd! I like the finish and the wear time though. I wore the shade 003 shell. and oh, i HATE THE GLITTERS. If your a fan of the Colorstay just stick with that its much better. Even though it broke me out as well :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by mrsemmaburton

I honestly think this is the best foundation I have ever used...and for years and years, the only foundation I would wear was highend stuff. I have worn Makeup Forever HD and I'm not sure I think this is a dupe for it. MUF HD was kind of drying and looked a little chalky on my face and the Revlon Photoready has the most gorgeous luminous sheen and never looks dry. I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender and I am always amazed at how it just melts into my skin and covers every imperfection.
It lasts all day and it never rubs off, which is a huge thing for me! I wore BareMinerals and I love how their product looks when you first apply it, but whenever I would touch my face or give someone a hug, it would rub off and it never lasted.
I put a light dusting of BareMinerals Flawless Radiance over Photoready to set it and give me a golden glow. I usually apply it over St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer (the best ever) and E.L.F. Poreless Primer and spray it with the E.L.F. setting spray when I am finished. I also spray a little bit of the E.L.F. setting spray on my Beauty Blender and dab over the spots on my face that usually wrinkle or get unsettled: my forehead where I have a wrinkle, around my nostrils and my laugh lines (parenthesis.)
Overall, this is a really great product and it hasn't made me break out at all. I am prone to breakouts too, so I think that's saying something. Great product, great price (only $10 at Walmart) and beautiful results.
To see how it looks on my skin, visit my blog: http://www.inspireandinstyle.com/blog/2014/5/26/peachy-keen

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

SO GLITTERY. It's fine if you are only wearing this inside or at night, but if you dare leave the house with this on while the sun is shining, you're going to look like a Twilight vampire. If that's the look you're going for, fine. I'm not a fan though. It was embarrassing when I was walking to class with a friend and she asked me why my face was so sparkly.

Glitter aside, this is a good foundation. It's pretty liquidy, but I had success applying it with both my fingers and a brush. I have this is 001 Ivory, which was a little too light and way too pink toned for me and made me look pretty ghostly, but I think the next shade up, 002 Vanilla, would have worked better for me. It does give a nice finish (in indoor lighting) - not dewy per se, but more satiny and makes your skin look illuminated. It has decent medium coverage. It isn't going to cover any major blemishes or hyperpigmentation, but it will blur everything out and even out the skin tone. I love that this foundation has a pump. That was the original reason why I purchased it - at the time (2012), it was one of the only drugstore foundations I saw with a pump.

If this foundation wasn't so glittery, I would probably like it a lot and would still use it, but unfortunately, the glitter is just so overpowering.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by laymin

The reason I bought this foundation because of the cheap price. It is only cost me for 20 dollars. However, I found that the foundation oxidized very fast. After putting on for an hour, my face turn to darker colour shade! I was in the air-con room which shouldn't make the foundation melt/oxidize faster than the hot sunny environment. I was shocked when seeing the result! The foundation colour oxidized to a darker shade which really embarrassing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought last minute to get me through a wedding. I usually wear I20 light ivory in Shiseido products; got 'shell' in the Photoready. It was a bit pale in the photographs later, but this could have been my fault (colour choice). Still, coverage was even all through the night, it does stay on and doesn't move around. No unwanted shine. 4 for all this.

Didn't break out with one day's wear (expected to, with the spf), but got a few small ones after 2-3 consecutive days (using jojoba oil and gentle face wash to remove it). I think it'd be ok every now and then, really just for events.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sophu

Being a cheerleader is stressful when it comes to makeup... the foundation just begs to smear off...
But Revlon photoready is one of my HITS! its so silky and when you put it on it feels like silk. It has great coverage. This is one of my GREATIST favorites! If you love this foundation you WILL love l'oreal true match super blendable compact foundation and l'oreal true match liquid foundation! THESE ARE MY 3 FAVORITES

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbugg

I read some of these reviews, and I am shocked to hear about some of the experiences that some of the reviewers have had. This is my favorite foundation in the whole wide world. My mom used to tell me that I should only use drugstore products for eyes and lips, and that I needed to search for more high end brands when it came to my face. Well, I went on a very important trip and left my Estee Lauder Double Wear at home. It was the epitome of a makeup emergency, and fortunately my hotel was right across a CVS. I ran in and left with the first liquid foundation that I could find. I'm not going to lie, I was terrified of what I was going to find. I left the store with a new foundation, and $14 less. As soon as I went back to the hotel, I tried it on. OK. You will not believe the texture, it was so luxurious. THIS FOUNDATION IS A DUPE FOR THE ARMANI SILK FOUNDATION. No joke. Even the packaging is similar. The pigmentation is actually better than some of the high end foundations. I came home at around midnight, and slept with my makeup on. I woke up, and It was still there. And guess what? Not a single break out.

The foundation is called Photo Ready for a reason, right? YES. The event that I went to required so much flash photography, that I'm still stunned. Usually my face has a little shine, but this time my skin looked so soft and smooth in every single picture that was taken. I haven't stopped using this product, and its so easy to remove. Just one wipe, and everything is completely off.

Please consider this makeup! You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by illbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an inexpensive foundation comparable to Make up forever HD. I also needed a foundation that wouldn't aggravate my acne-prone skin. I originally wanted a neutrogena foundation because many people said its good for oily, acne-prone skin but unfortunately neutrogena didn't offer colours appropriate to my skin tone (NW50 in MAC Or 185 in makeup forever HD). I use Revlon Photoready in mocha which seems to suit my shade well for the winter months (I have yet to see if its appropriate for summer). Its shocking when first applied but trust me it oxidized well (to what seems like adapting to your skin tone) with in a few minutes. Its light weight but definitely build-able coverage. I mostly wear makeup for night with events/outings and prefer a full face. It photographs well (but ensure that you have given it ample time to oxidized). I have only noticed breakouts if I don't wash it off before going to sleep. I have extremely oily skin therefore I have to top it with a setting powder & Urban Decay De slick setting spray (and with all that I can go 3-4 hours before needing to blot). I would say it looks good for about 6-7 hours (then I'm a grease ball but that's the life on us oily peeps). I live in Canada and purchase it from Walmart or Target for $16 + tax. The packaging is very chic (glass bottle with a pump) but I accidentally dropped my 1st bottle while shaking it and it shattered into pieces (within the first week) and I had to buy another. So if you do the Math; I spent over $40 (I could have gotten the Make up forever HD for that price) so be careful. I would recommend this product those with similar skin type/complexion. I hope this review was helpful to someone out there. Take care xoxo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Sets quickly so you need to move fast when applying. Coverage is nice and buildable but not great for covering some dry patches on my cheeks. It makes that area look flakey :( so I recommend making sure your skin is smooth and exfoliated before applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by katherinegclark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation is pretty good i got the color nude but it is too dark but still workable the coverage is medium but buildable i put two layers for a natural but flawless look this foundation is quite dewy but it does set fairly well when i first tried it on my hand i could see glitter but on my face its hardly noticible and definitely leads to a luminous finish without having to have a sticky feel its not as long wearing as colorstay but it lasts a school day without obvious wear i powder lights on areas i dont want to transfer/get oily and use a good primer which definitely increases the wear its a great foundation for the drugstore and i could see this working on most people ill repurchase probably but im always trying new things so it might change but this is a very good find