July 28, 2014 | 1791 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2019 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by KatsLogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin and I was looking for a medium-heavy coverage foundation.The first time i heard about the hype of this product, I was like " OH MY FREAKING FLOWERS! THIS LOOKS AWESOME." I wanted to get my hands on it as fast as I could. The color selection was nice considering that I purchased it at target and the packaging was pretty convenient. The product was not runny, but I noticed a bit of a shimmer to it. The shimmer didn't phase me in the beginning but I kept thinking about Edward Cullen in the sunshine. The first time I used it, I thought "wow this is great!" It felt nice on my skin. As i gradually used it, I noticed pimples occurring and it would seep into fine lines around my lips. The application was then cakey. Ladies, cakey-ness is not appealing.
The 'ohmazing' appeal to it was gone. But if you're willing to splurge for a freaking amazing, and I mean AWESOMETACULAR foundation that has medium-heavy coverage, invest in Make Up For Ever's HD foundation. There is a vast variety of 26 colors for every tone, so it's like "holla!" It's versatile, oil-free, great for pink and yellow undertones. If you're not willing to invest in it yet, sephora and ulta give out free samples.
I hope this helps! (Just google: MAKE UP FOR EVER
HD Invisible Cover Foundation)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was very tempted to buy the Revlon Colourstay Foundation instead of this, but it did not have a variety of colour selection in my country....hence I decided to buy this instead.

I don't live in US, so when it comes to choosing the correct shade, I would say it's not very colour friendly for me.

+ves:
- Comes with a pump! Easy to control the amount of product you want.
- Medium coverage. It was able to conceal my acne scars and some of my dark spots.
- Buildable coverage. This is a type of foundation I know it won't feel extremely cakey on me if I try to put on more than one layer. Very buildable kind of coverage.
- Oil/shine-free. I have combination skin, and I live in humid conditions, oil builds up around my T-zone very easily. With this foundation, it was able to control my oil!
- Lasts more than 8 hours. I tried on full day, coverage was still there and intact with my blush on! I believe it can last up to between 10-12 hours.

-ves:
- The foundation contains shimmer.
--> Initially, I wasn't very bothered. Afterall, it's a photoready foundation. I think the shimmer is there so that you would look good in photos since it's able to reflect when in contact in light. That's exactly what happened to me. I could see the shimmer on my palm when I faced my palm towards the light when I first applied it.

And of course if you keep building it up, the shimmer will become more and more obvious! It just makes me very wary because I don't want ppl to tell me that "hey why is it that there's shimmer on your face, your eyeshadow came off or something?" kind of look. It hasn't happened to me yet, but just a point to note.

I think this foundation would work absolutely great for phototaking sessions because of the formula created. It's not that it's not very suitable for everyday wear, but are you okay with wearing a foundation that you know that ppl would see slight tinges of shimmer when they see your face?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by katherinology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this liquid foundation (shade 005) for 6 months or so, and this is definitely my favorite. I've tried Maybelline Dream Matte Foundation and L'Oreal True Match Foundation, but the shades doesn't really match my skin tone (that's the main problem). Photoready Liquid Foundation does make my complexion look good, both indoors and outdoors.
I like the pump at the top of foundation's bottle, it helps me prevent spilling or taking out too much product. I noticed the sparkling shimmers when I first pumped out some product and tried in my palm (that was kinda scary), but when I applied the foundation to my face thank goodness it doesn't really stand out. It is easy to apply, doesn't dry out quickly, and gives nice matte finish. I suppose the coverage is medium, but it's quite buildable. The foundation stays for some 4 hours in normal condition (no rain, no washing/rubbing face with water), and it stays for 1-2 hours longer with primer in the same condition. It fades out rather easily with water, making this one easy to remove (bad news during bad weather).
The only downside is the price. I find it rather too expensive for drugstore product (it's sold at USD 14-15 here), while the others I mentioned are less pricey.
Repurchase? Yes.
Recommend? Depends. If you have oily skin, I think it'd be better to pick the ColorStay instead of Photoready.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by aimeeestfancy

Beautiful foundation. Works great with my combo skin, would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Jgal280194

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG!!!!!! This foundation is amazing. Well, Im lucky that I inherited beautiful skin and hardly ever have any blemishes that I need to cover up but this foundation just highlights my skin even more and makes me look airbrushed without looking fake. It's smooth and glides on evenly so you don't need to use much. I have had my current bottle for over a year and it looks like I haven't used any of it. It lasts soooooooo long. My sister has oily skin but this works wonders for her too. So this foundation really works on any skin tone. Definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by ksabha01

I bought this on a whim and almost returned it but lost my receipt and I'm SO glad I did. This foundation is great! I find it keeps my shiny skin at bay, while giving me a nice, luminous complexion that isn't so dewy that it looks like I dipped my face in oil. It covers really well and layers well too if you have an area that needs special attention. The shade I bought matches my skin perfectly, and I don't find the colour oxidizes on me. I'm really happy with how my skin looks all day long, so I don't mind the price (around $20 at Shoppers) because if you went to Sephora, I think many comparable foundations would be at a much higher price point. Give it a shot!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by thcprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

worst foundation I've tried. this broke m out SO badly. I even tried it with primer, primer spray, and without. No difference. At first it would look ok and then at least 2 hours later my acne was standing out and I was so embarrassed. My skin looks better without any makeup then this that highlighted my acne. Colorstay is better

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Mellkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this prouduct after wearing Mac studio fix and maybelline fit me for the past year. I found I was getting annoyed with fit me as it was oxidizing and making my skin look foul after having it on for 5-6 hours even though I was in my air con office. I was looking into trying L'oreal infallible but changed my mind as I heard the photoready primer was great do I figured if try the foundation. And I am SO glad I did!! This is my go to for daily makeup. It looks and feels like a lite second layer of perfect skin! For reference I have normal skin with a bit of in even tone and the occasional hormonal blemish. The first time I applied this I had extremely sunburnt skin and it was very dry. The application went on easy without a primer but it did cling to the dry patches therefor I wouldn't recommend it for people with dry skin or dry patches. Anyway since then my skin is back to normal and I use a primer underneath then apply with a brush and it goes on beautifully. I do a light coat and a light second coat in the areas needed to even out my skin tone. I use a light powder to set it. It lasts a good 10-12 hours without oxidizing on me and I am always getting complimented at how great my "skin" looks :p I didn't notice any sparkles like other reviewers but my skin does have a lovely glow which I wanted :) highly recommend for the price and pump bottle!! And to anyone that has oily or normal / combination wanting to achieve a glowy look without being oily. People with dry patches or dry skin please avoid!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by MacMegan33

Disappointed, cakey mess. Looks awful on my skin. Tried it with different brushes techinques, but I don't like it. Drying, wish it worked on my skin it looks pretty with micro shimmer but yeah. Ugh, what a waste! Worst around my nose and mouth. Seems like a good foundation if it matches your skin type, not mine, Worth the try to see if it does the simmer is so pretty seen it on others- who had more oily, darker skin. They had the most beautiful, shiny, and vivid complexion. But not me. Nice pump bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Gigglesfordays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation!

I tried it at a friend's house and immediately went out to purchase it myself because I loved the finish so much. This is one of my favorite foundations and I find myself reaching for it even over my high end foundations. The finish it definitely satin, and the product does have very tiny sparkles in it that make your face look me it's naturally glowing in pictures. I wore this on a week long trip to Disneyland, and all my friends were jealous of how well my skin was photographing.

The product is more liquidy than many, but it blends well and it very easy to use with the pump that comes in the bottle. I love this product, and I will totally be buying it again when I run out,