January 27, 2015 | 1890 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by alaras

Definitely the EDP version is much smoother, softer and rich.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by CarmenCabezas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this perfume!!! It stays on forever and everyone compliments me on how great I smell whenever I put it on. Im currently on my third bottle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by sillage

My review is for Chance EDT, and I must agree with reviewer below when she says, "overwhelmingly spicy and peppery with a sharp citrus edge".

Notes, per Parfumo.net:
Top Notes: Pineapple, Hyacinth, Iris, Pink pepper
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Citruses
Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver

Notes, per Fragrantica: "There are pink pepper, lemon and pineapple in the top notes. The heart encompasses hyacinth, jasmine and iris, while the base is composed of amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk."

I've had a small 1oz Chance EDT spray for a long time, and I've only used about 1/2 of it. I thought I'd give it a try again two days ago -- ugh, so sharp, spicy, thin, and *strong* -- even for an EDT. When it dries down, it gets more cohesive and blended, but there's still that pepper note that stays harsh and protrudes from the overall fragrance.

Many years ago, I came near a wonderful-smelling lady in the produce section of the grocery store -- and began trying to guess what her perfume was. I could tell it was a complex mixture -- with fruit & vanilla -- and I thought it might be Burberry Brit -- so I complimented & asked her perfume, and she said it was Chance. I liked it much better on her than I ever have on myself.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

The initial strength of this fragrance put me off this, it is overwhelmingly spicy and peppery with a sharp citrus edge. For me this was one of those fragrances that give an instant headache. After a while though the dry down was much more pleasant and soft although a little boring. The fragrance description on Fragrantica says that pineapple is one of the top notes, and I can detect a very faint sickly sweetness like artificial candied pineapple, but for me this is eclipsed by the pink pepper. I have a large sample size of this and I wouldn't purchase a full size. It is not worth putting up with the initial strong spice notes to get to the very average floral heart of this fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely adore this scent, it's so, just..... PRETTY! However, for some reason it doesn't last long at all. 2-3 hours and I can't smell it anymore (I wear the EDP by the way) :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by omggimmenow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the second bottle of Chanel perfume I've purchased and am I glad I did! The perfume has a wonderful floral fragrance which isn't too over powering and has great staying power as it's a EDP. The notes of this perfume probably makes it more suitable as an evening perfume, but I love it so much that I've been wearing it during the day as well haha! The price isn't cheap but one spray is all you need! Everytime I wear this perfume someone is bound to give a nice compliment about how nice it smells. I've only got the small bottle but will definitely get the large one soon as I run out! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

I've smelled this perfume a few times, it smells so gorgeous and fresh!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by crystalnoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am fortunate enough to have friends that give me expensive presents, this being one of them. I probably would never buy Chanel for myself (well, not now, as a cheap university student, anyway). I'm only 20 and at first sniff, I felt like this perfume was too mature for me. Since spraying it on, however, I feel like it compliments extremely well with my body chemistry and it now smells light, airy, sweet, and feminine. I feel very regal when I wear this. Very long-lasting, too! One spritz for my wrists and ears and another spritz for my chest and I'm set for the entire day.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Summer8167

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love all of the Chanel Chance perfumes and this one in particular. They all smell similar but this one is the most exotic smelling and lasts the longest. It's one of those perfumes that I have a very hard time describing; it is neither floral or citrus or amber but it's somehow all three. I love this perfume and get compliments on it whenever I wear it.