E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 2/12/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this eye primer. It is smooth, creamy, and makes your eyeshadow last all day. I used to have very oily lids and used it every day. I have bought this at least six times because it costs $1 and it prevents my eyeshadow from creasing and helps with blending and the overall look is just much cleaner with it. Plus, I love that it is sheer so everyone can use it. The applicator makes it easy to use, even if it is not super hygienic but if you're careful and clean that shouldn't matter. The reason I took off a lippie is because I wish it was stickier so that eyeshadow could grip better, but then the blending wouldn't be as great. All in all, it's great and I recommend it.

on 2/11/2015 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hated it, didnít have high hopes so I wasnít bummed after I tossed it.

I think itís cause I have oily lids but this did not stop creasing or fading at all for me.

on 2/11/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used this product for a while when I first started wearing makeup and liked it initially. The price is great and it gets the job done somewhat. However, depending on the shadows I wore, it creased REALLY bad and my eyelids still got oily. The packaging is also not my favorite since hardly any product is in that tiny tube. I probably had to buy a new one each month, it ran out that fast if you use it daily. Great for beginners but I would rather invest in a more expensive one instead of paying a dollar every few weeks for a new ELF primer.

on 2/2/2015 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is an amazing primer! But i would not repurchase since it's not suitable for my oily eyelids. It gave me a 3 hr wear, then my eyeshadow would disappear. Still amazing though.

on 1/28/2015 5:03:00 PM

I love this primer! It is a must if your doing shadow in your routine. It make the shadow last all day long without creasing or making a disappearing act. Originally I wasn't crazy when using it with a more darker/evening look, but I just tried it with a smokey eye and it did a pretty good job. For the price I would say this is an amazing product and shows that you don't need to spend a lot to have good makeup.
I am on my 8th tube

on 1/22/2015 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

it isnt the best and i my opinion doesn't even compare to udpp like everyone says it does it doesn't make my shadow last longer the packaging is not good at all have had lot just get cracked ect. it does make my shadows brighter. i would buy again for the price it is a good deal to use in combination with other products.

on 1/21/2015 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have this and the UDPP. I have tried them side by side and find no difference between the two. They both increase the intensity and wear time of my eyeshadow. Both also create a blank canvas for my eyes by sheering out any discolouration. I actually find the texture of the E.L.F one to be a little smoother and easier to apply. In future, I will repurchase the E.L.F primer instead of the urban decay one. But, I do plan to try MACs paintpot in painterly next, which I have high hopes for.

on 1/19/2015 10:19:00 PM

this is not a good primer for oily lids. spend $20 and buy Urban Decay potion primer. I've had mine for over a year and so has lots left.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have oily skin (my eyelids are extra oily for some reason) and it didn't work well for me. I think that if you have oily eyelids like me then try something else. The lasting power is about 3 hours which isn't good considering I'm at work for about 7 hours. I don't hate it it but I wouldn't purchase it again.

on 1/18/2015 2:28:00 PM

This is a bargain at .99. It works good at keeping eye shadow from creasing, and you can't beat the price. The only thing I didn't care for was that you have to wait a little bit for it to "set" on your lids before putting makeup on. But after a few times I got used to it and it has been fine .