April 23, 2014 | 1950 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow wow wow! Keeps eye makeup on all day. No creasing. Love this. My routine is foundation, consealer and EYE PRIMER blush, HAC , and then eye makeup. Using it early in my routine gives it time to dry.

I guess my only knock against this product is that it is pretty liquidy. Most face primers have a dry gel feel to them. Not this eye primer. Even more liquid than foundation. Kind of like Lumi consealer if you've ever used that. The wand that it comes with it doesn't go on very smoothly. I dab on then use nice IT consealer brush to smooth it out. Usually after doing my whole face makeup. I have to smooth out the eye primer again before I apply my eye makeup.

Fantastic performance for a $1 product. I can't believe people dish out 30-40x that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's great!!! Lasts long! Only one dollar and helps work well!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

So I bought the E.LF eyelid primer because I never used a primer before and I wanted my eye shadow to last long . so I bought three cause I also got one for my sister and mom and to me I kind of like it but I feel like it can be better . Its a little to watery for me . it helps my eye shadow stay but it doesn't stay on to long . for it being only $1 its not that bad I only use this primer when I use my drug store eye shadows

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lexeelayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm on my third tube of this and I'm OBSESSED with it. I recommend it to everyone. I have kind of oily eyelids which is annoying. But this keeps my eyeshadow on for the majority of the day, some creasing at the end but overall excellent! I did break one of my tubes trying to open it though, but it is only a DOLLAR! Go get it!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Does this keep my shadow on longer? Yes, but not super long wear.
Does this make my naked eyelid look smoother? .In the nude color, Yes. In the thick Glittery Champagne color? Heck No!
Does this cost a buck? Yes it does.
Do I recommend it? Yes. if you want eye shadow to cling on your eye and last longer than a naked eye but there are better primer/bases to use but, this smooths the skin on my eyelids without creasing and that's not a bad thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i really don't like this primer. the packaging is okay, i like squeeze tubes better for eyelid primer. but it still works and gets you the perfect amount. the color is a sheer nude, it doesn't give you any coverage to the eyelids. the price is $1, which is very inexpensive and nice. i like the price. some people compare it to the urban decay primer (which is my favorite) i don't think it works as well as it. i feel like i use more product with it because it's so thin, the udpp is thick and you barely need any. so it doesn't matter if it's $20 to me. the elf primer also dried up on me, very fast, within 3-4 weeks. the urban decay one never has. idk, i just know i won't repurchase the elf primer. it helps my eyeshadows, but only for like 3-4 extra hours. i wouldn't recommend this, but i know a bunch of others would

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have only tried this eye primer and UDPP so it's really the only comparison I can make. It does the exact same thing, but is 19 USD cheaper. It keeps my cheap eyeshadows in place and keeps them from fading even though I live in a hot and humid area. I don't know if it would hold up to other primers that surpass UDPP, but I doubt I will ever find out because this does the job and costs a dollar. You can't beat that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome product for $1.00? YES PLEASE!

Comparable and sometimes surpassing the higher-end primers, giving more payoff and longer wear time to any brand of shadow, this little tube of ELF happiness is the best bang for your buck out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by firmieyaya26

This is a great product. It's become my most repurchased eyelid primer. I have oily lids but this primer helps keep my shadows looking great thru an entire workday. I have spent more money on other brands but didn't get the results that this $1 product provides! Definitely give it a try if you're in Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by caouette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super cheap and does its job. It creases up a bit when you first put it on, but you can't expect a $2 primer to be perfect. The packaging sucks, it's hard to get the wand out and my lid sort of broke within the first week, but it's really a great buy for the cost.