April 16, 2014 | 2046 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Alicia Silverstone 5-piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ryan1223

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these brush's they are soft and feel so great on your face love the stippling brush and actually do use it for foundation and i think it works great i really like the lil case you get with it i love being able to reuse the case i cant coment much on the eye shadow brush becuz i have so many so i have not used it yet the blush brush it wonderful picks up and deposits color wonderfully all n all great brush set will repurchase if ever needed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush set. EcoTools always have good quality brushes, and these are no exception. They hold up well with washing and general wear and tear, I haven't experienced any shedding.
I was excited about the stippling brush but found it to be too floppy for liquid foundation, but it works well as a highlighting or powder brush. I actually really like the eyeshadow brush, I don't fuss with too many colors on my eyes most of the time so this is perfect for an all-over swipe. I don't use the blush brush because I don't wear blush, but it's very soft and dense. The brow brush/comb is like any other brow brush I've used, except more sturdy...somehow I always pick ones that fall apart and this one hasn't.
The case is very nice, I like that it has little holders for the brushes and a separate part for makeup so nothing gets smashed. It's a good value set, I'd highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by throughbeingcool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These brushes are fabulous! They survive washes and do not shed. They are soft and dense. I use the stippling brush for finishing powder. It worked okay for foundation, but I just prefer flat topped brushes for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by MlizK

I use every brush in this. I know most people find the eyebrow/lash brush thing useless, but it is so soft, and great for when you're grooming eyebrows. The eyeshadow brush is amazing at applying eyeshadow and creating the outer shape you want, the blush brush is dense and tapered, and the stippling brush - my favorite - is worth the entire price of the set. And you get a bag to put them in when you travel.

I haven't noticed any shedding, and even the hairs that were slightly out of place due to the packaging readjusted when I washed. No strange smells when I wash. And they don't suck up or steal your product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by johanna7x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loveeee this set! I got it for my birthday last year and I still use all 5 brushes religiously. The eyeshadow brush is probably my favorite and gets used the most. It's soft and I love the angled shape. The stippling brush worked well for me too. It's great for lighter coverage foundation, or powders. The brow comb/brush are usually used for my eyelashes instead of my brows, but I love it nonetheless. The blush brush is also VERY soft and nicely dense. On top of all that, it comes in an adorable little pouch! So cute!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by JelliBelli247

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These brushes are some of the softest I have ever run into. I just want to snuggle up next to them LOL. THat being said, the "skunk" brush isnt dense enough to buff in any mineral makeup or liquid foundation and did nothing for any type of blush either. It's nice to look at but lacking in function IMO. This was the brush I was most hoping to enjoy, but it now sits unloved. The blush brush that is in this is nice, dense enough and just the perfect size to sweep blush onto the apples of my cheeks, but would not make a good contouring brush imo I prefer an angled brush for that.The eye brush that comes with this is dense and angled. It makes a very nice blending brush for the crease line. I dont see this as being able to have enough control to apply a color to the lid, but might provide a decent "wash" of color all over the eye if desired. The last brush in this pkg is the eye brow brush and it serves its purpose. The bag has two compartments, one to hold makeup and one for the brushes. It is of good construction,well made and quite pretty. The ferals are nice and solid, and well made handles make these brushes a must have for the beginning makeup enthusiast. For being such a good price I think these are good brushes over all, but I was quite put off by the first brush and a bit by the eye brush, so two lippies off for disappointment in that dept. I wouldn't repurchase for that reason.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this comes out in Canada only during Xmas holidays (been looking all year everywhere). Got the whole set for less than half of one MAC stippling 187. Ecotools stippler works very well for liquid foundations. Handle is comfortable. Powder and eyeshadow brushes work very well too. All bristles are soft to the touch and eco-friendly (no animal hair). Will be buying another set for powder foundations and for gifts. Gave high rating because set is worth it even if just for the stippler.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by justpassingthrough

I was thrilled to find this set at Winners for just under 17.00 cdn! I already had a few Ecotools brushes and have been impressed. I was especially happy to have a skunk brush by them, included in this set. The skunk brush is fine for me, though it isn't as dense as my SK one, I'm not fussy and have been useing this for foundation and powder. No shedding at all and I like the idea of all-synthetic for foundation. Oddly, I don't find it as soft as my Ecotools blush brush, but there's not a huge difference. The blush brush in this set is slightly smaller and more tapered then the regular blush brush, and I find it more useful. The angled eyeshadow brush is great, I've been using it in place of my MAC 272 and it does just as good of a job, though its slightly stiffer. I haven't really used the eye lash comb/brush but it looks as good as others I have. I really like the bag since it has 2 compartments, one see-through plastic. I took it on a recent trip and it performed well. Overall this set is a good buy, if you can find it. I have never had Ecotools brushes shed or bleed, their quality is amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by msflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this set just for the stippling brush so that fact that it had other brushes were a bonus for me. A lot of brushes use animal hair so I was really excited to see a cruelty free version.

The case itself is good for traveling. I like the side pockets to hold other essentials, but would have preferred a darker color so that it would be less obvious when it gets dirty.

All the brushes are incredibly soft. The stippling brush works well for foundation. I wish that the white haired brushes were denser/had more bristles, but it does the job. I use it every time I put on foundation, and it hasn't shed yet.

*edit* The stippling brush fell apart on me after about a year of daily use, with regular cleaning.

The blush brush is my second favorite. Super soft and does the job for blush/bronzer. No shedding either.

The angled crease brush is soft as well. I don't use it too often because I prefer a blending brush. I could see it being useful for contouring the nose, but again its not something I use well. The teeth on the brow/lash comb did not last at all. They were the first to break in the set. The brush part is still attached, but the teeth on the eye lash comb broke off during travel after a few months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Before my actual review, I have to say, I have two of these and one is FAR more superior to the other. One I would maybe even toss out (or at least return) and the other I can't see myself living without. The crappy one that came in a box and the amazing one is one that just came in a double layered case. The one in the case has the better case. It has two compartments so it's great for travelling since you can fit a surprsing amount of any other brushes you may need in the spare compartment. Also, the stippling brush is amazing in one (a complete dupe for MAC 187) and pretty useless in the other (more like the Sigma ss187/f50). The stippling brush from the case is dense in the base but a little bit springy in the top so you can actually stipple on foundation with it! The stippling brush from the box is floppy and useless. I could maybe use it for cremeblush, but definatly not anything else. The blush brush from the case is incredibly soft and really nicely made/shaped/cut, while the other one is a tiny bit more course (which is no big deal since it's still very very soft, just not as soft as the usual ecotools brushes, but since I am comparing the two sets I have...) and not as tapered in cut. The angled shadow brush is very very nicely shaped and precisely cut in the set in the case while the set in the box came with an angled shadowed brush that was splayed out of shaped and looked worn out and a tiny bit course. The two brow groomers/lash combs were identical.

All in all, I'd say to check the brush quality BEFORE you buy because every kit it different. I'd give the set in the case a 10 out of 5 if I could, while the set in the box I'd probably give a 3 out of 5. I would pay $20 for the stippling brush alone (the one in the case) since it's the only stippling brush I've found except the MAC 187 that can actually stipple foundation and doesn't flop over.

I'd definatly repurchase (though I don't think i'll need to because all ecotools brushes are amazing, but if I lost it or something), but I'd check the brushes before I do

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No