April 18, 2014 | 1990 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - All Over Color Stick in Pink Lemonade

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by manitoban3

I don't know if I got a bad tube or something, but this stuff smells so bad there is no way I can keep using it on my face. It has a very strong chemical smell. It's too bad actually, as the color is beautiful and it makes a very long lasting and pretty lip color. It sort of has a waterproof type feeling. My tube is not easy to apply. Although the color is very concentrated, it is difficult to get it off the tube and it is very difficult to blend. Sorry e.l.f., this one's going in the garbage...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by kurakunn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from a swap, its great. At first it was a little dry, but after using it a little bit it way better
+ buildable color
+very inexpensive
+easy to carry
+don't need a brush
-hard to blend
-bad packaging, mostly just ugly looking and the cap could be better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This line E.L.F. (eyes, lips, face) is a godsend!! Everything in the line is either 1 or 3 bucks! Can you believe it? I don't know how they make money on it. This little blush stick (cream formula which rolls up like a lipstick) is the perfect Rose (and therefore natural looking, as no one blushes brown, plum, wine, coral etc...) color, as if you pinched your cheeks. I start at the apples and follow the bone to the ear using little light dots (nickle-sized) blending it with a sponge rather than my hands. I think this is the secret to all cream blushes, blend them w/a sponge. I like the ones which come in a wheel and you seperate each "wedge" from it. I then use the smallest side as the others are too long (not as much control as w/the smaller end.) The texture is marvelous and blends easily. Now here is the best thing 'bout it: There is this glow you get from this formula. It's incorporated into the color. I usually do not like "frosted" blush, but this is not like old fashioned "frost". The light reflecting pigments are so fine it just comes off as a glow. Now I've seen this effect in much costlier blusers, eyeshadows, lipsticks, etc..., but not as well done as this. Let me explain: Whenever I see someone with a shimmer to their blush it looks or gives this "glow" I'm speaking of as long as they're indoors in soft lighting. Get them outside on a sunny day and you can see the individual light reflecting pigments individually or in a clump. This can also show this way indoors in the right lighting which those reflecting pigments will, at a certain angle, catch the light and show this individual like reflective pigment. It's most unflattering as it looks so fake. This never looks that way and for one dollar no less. It doesn't fade out quickly and wears rather well. This is a gorgeous blusher in every term of the word. For $1 you've got to try it. It's at Target. I LOVE it!!!!
Addendum: They have this othe $1 product which is called Shimmering Facial Whip which comes in a small tube, 2 colores: white, pale gold. I bought the white. It's teriffic. Here's how I use it. Once my makeup is done I'll mix a small drop or two of this with eyecream (ratio: 1:3, 1 part shimmer, 3 parts eye cream-very little) and start by dotting it under my outer eye/upper cheekbone. Whatever is left over on my finger I just bring it down the heighth of the cheeck bone (above my blush) and I'll slghtly tap it around my lower iner half eye (where I've placed the concealer.) It just gives a slight glow to the areas so they don't look dry w/powder/concealer. It's a nice little trick to keep those areas (which can have fine to deeper lines) seem less so as you bring in a bit of sheen which looks like moisture.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by ems0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like using cream blushes under a powder blush so I picked this up one day since it was only a dollar. It was the only shade they had at my store, and I wish they had a brown shade bc I liked this product so much. A little bit goes a long way with this bc the color is so bright. But I love the the bold shade, and the color lasts all day on me. Just slightly shimmery. However, I did notice that the times I used this I got a little broken out. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if it was because of the product. Haven't used it in awhile bc I had misplaced it while cleaning one day, but I recently found it and plan on using it again. Hopefully no break outs this time. Fantastic price, good packaging, all in all a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by clairer720

Considering this is only a dollar, I didn't think this would work at all but it's actually very good quality. The packaging is fine and easy to use. (it rolls up like a big tube of lipstick) it smells like citrus and is pretty easy to apply with fingers but can be a little hard to blend. I take a swipe with my index finger and middle finger, dot it on my cheeks, and blend it in. It gives my cheeks a nice flush of color and stays on all day. It also makes my cheeks feel soft. One tube will probably last for like a month which is surprising considering the price. Will buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For $1, this is the best blush around. I like to use a cream or liquid blush over powder- I just don't like how powdered blushes sit on the skin, and it's faster and less messy than a liquid blush. This is a good rosy color (think English school girl) for a natural look. I've used it as a lip color, as well, but it feels a little dry. The color on my lips is a tick darker than my natural lip color, but I feel like I need a lot of gloss on top to make my lips feel less dry.
I'm sure I will buy this again- it's helped me get my basic makeup routine down to 5 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Isabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color is a gorgeous berry/wine. It looks frosty on my lips and on the tube, but not on my cheeks (which I actually like). I apply a little on the back of my hand, pick up product with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush and then stipple on my cheeks to get a sheer, natural blush. IMO, a stippling brush - but one that is dense and has short bristles - works beautifully for applying cream blushes, it gives a lovely effect with minimal effort and minimal interference with the foundation or concealer that is underneath.
The consistency is rather creamy but it does tend to dry out a little bit with time. But if you warm it up with your fingertips or on the back of your hand it will be fine, so no big deal. It has decent staying power (I'd say 4-5 hours) on my combo/oily skin and on a very humid and hot climate.
The packaging is very low quality, I can twist up the stick but I can't never twist it down, I have to push it so it goes back inside the tube.
Overall, I recommend this product to all cream blush lovers out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by jglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is horrible because: it is super chalky ,feels disgusting ,and can not smear or even go up out of the packaging .Dislike!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Graciebell2005

For the price, this is an amazing product! With my dry skin this pink cream blush is very flattering when applied to the apples of your cheeks. Cream blushes tend to look more natural then powder (when blended correctly) This product also has a slight citrusy scent, that I enjoy, but may not be great for acne prone skin types. It also gives a natural flush of color to the lips when applied with your finger. And considering the price, this is a steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really, really liked the E.L.F. Golden Peach. It was super versatile for me. The color was perfect. I didn't think that the pink would be as good of a fit for me, but I tried it anyway. Again, a buck is not much of a gamble.

It was more pigmented than Golden Peach, and for my coloring, I can't really use it as a blush, or as a shimmer. Still, it's pretty under a lip gloss, and works fantastically well as a primer for my pink eye shadows.

Good find!