December 18, 2014 | 1245 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

This pre-shampoo treatment is AWESOME. It is scent-free and has a very creamy consistency. You apply it to dampened hair, leave it on for 15-20 minutes (add heat, if needed), then shampoo, condition and style as usual. It adds a ton of moisture to my hair without weighing it down. My ends stay smooth and my style lasts longer when I've used this - and it also makes my hair much more frizz resistant. Love, love, love this product. It is worth every penny and I've just repurchased.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by femabg

This saved my hair. I find this product amazing after using so many products thanks to it my hair is now very long, shiny and healthy. I use it before every shampoo because my hair is very coarse and frizzy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I'm not a fan of silicone haircare products (since it's everywhere), this product is absolutely a lifesaver for damaged, burned, fried hair. It contains silicone, but it doesn't seem to weigh down or coat my hair in any bad way.

I like that it's used before shampooing, it doesn't have to soak in a long time (1/2 hr is enough), it washes out easily & leaves behind bouncy, shiny, vibrant hair w/personality. Damaged hair is revived.

It doesn't need to be used often (depending on individual hair needs) & I don't have to use a lot to get good results. This product is a godsend for me.
It works great whether or not you use it w/the matching Moisture shampoo & conditioner. I have done both.

It's quite expensive, but it's worth it. And being that it's used infrequently & only small amounts are needed, I actually consider it cost-effective. It's not appropriate for healthy hair, but it's very good for damaged hair in need of repair.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the 500ml tub which comes with a pump, which I love. No scooping required. Bought it last year due to the grear reviews here. At that time I had virgin, hair bit it tends to be frizzy, poofy and coarse. Tried this a couple of times, varying the amount of time I left it in, and was disappointed with the result. My hair felt kind of dry after that, had even MORE volume (totally unwanted result in my case) and didn't feel nor look healthier. If anything it was a few notches down than before. So I shelved it away. Fast forward to last month and I have now started colouring my hair (too many grays, sigh...) and my hair is now drier, and stiff feeling. Not yet straw-like, but getting there. Been using this a couple of times, and NOW it managed to give me nice, soft, silky, shiny hair! applied it to length and ends, covered my head with a shower cap and one of those microfibre turban wrap over it, and after an hour,shampoo and finish of with conditioner/mask. So, in my case this didn't work on my virgin, unprocessed hair, but worked great when I started tampering with my hair.

On a side note, one of the main ingredients in the Elasticiser is castor seed oil. I have been putting pure food grade castor oil on my scalp nightly where I have 2 baldish spots on the left and right front part of my head. Not exactly baldish but I forever have fine, baby hair at those parts which refused to grow longer and due to it's fineness, I look baldish there. I put just a bit of castor oil with a cotton bud on those parts and after 3 weeks, those bald spots are gone! I have new, real hair growing there, though now I look like I have horns growing under my hair. Great right? (About the new hair part, not the horn looking part)

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by savliving

In the last 3 years my hair went to hell. I got really sick and just didn't take care of it anymore and the medicines just made it worse. I started visiting the hair board in January and have been using elasticizer since March. At first I used it nearly every shampoo and now just once every 1-2 weeks. My hair is completely different now. I also take very good care of it now so I don't need a ton of products, but this is a staple. The 500 ml tub has lasted me months also. I will never be without this product even though ordering from the US is outrageous. I look for deals on amazon uk, etc. update:8/11/11 I still use this product with amazing results. I only have to use it maybe once a month if even that now. I credit this along with lurking the hair board to changing my hair. 10/15/2012 I still use then only when my hair is needing it, otherwise i shouldn't need any for a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love that you use this BEFORE shampooing. Who's got time to stand around in the shower waiting for a deep conditioner to work, or who conditions, gets out the shower, waits around, and then gets back in again to rinse? Not me. You do need to dampen hair first, I just use a water spray. It only needs to be left in for half an hour or so, less might work but I happily wait half an hour.

Afterwards hair is shiny and smooth without feeling weighed down.

I have Asian hair that used to be pretty darn perfect until I had to colour to hide greys. Now it's almost as nice as it was, rather than somewhat fried. When I run my fingers through my hair it FEELS stronger rather than brittle.

The wonder of it is that the effect lasts through several shampoos. Amazing!

It is somewhat expensive and I only got about five uses from the 150ml jar. I have long hair, but maybe I used too much. Think I will get the litre size next time.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by JM234

I bought a litre of this from QVC (which has been out of stock for some time) and that made it quite affordable. I figured I could simply send back under 30 day guarantee if I didn't like. It took me a couple of times to get to grips with - I have fine hair and I think I was putting too much on for too long the first couple of times I did it. Reading a few reviews by other users I now only use a pump / pump and a half (unless it's been a couple of weeks between uses) and leave on for about 10 minutes - as I said fine hair, and I am good about using conditioners etc regularly so I don't think my hair is as stressed out as a lot of people's. I've recommended (and decanted) some for friends who also like it - it just makes my hair feel so lovely and soft, and minimises damage from daily straightening, allowing me to grow my hair out much quicker.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG!!! After the birth of my 2nd son my hair took a turn for the worst! No matter what I did, it was a bird's nest! I didn't use hot tools, washed my hair only 3 times a week, etc, etc.

Thank goodness for a MUAer who suggested this miracle treatment.

I ordered it on eBay and have only done one treatment and my hair looks fabulous!!!! It's not tangled and I can run my hair through it again! Yipeee!

I will continue buying this product!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by orgasmicorganic

My hair is still in utter amazement. Check out this full page of five star reviews, and realize this is a real winner. I am just blown away by this product, and have tried so many hair masks (that, although added moisture, didn't do amazing things for my hair). I still had my minor fly-aways, and volume was usually shot if moisture was present. Started trying Joi-co's protein hair reconstructor to be disappointed that it had MINERAL OIL in it, and almost gave up on giving my already healthy head of hair a boost. So glad I didn't. I was lucky and scored this for $32 on ebay. My sympathy goes out to the person who rid themselves of this glorious gem.

Generally, you can purchase it off ebay for $40 with free shipping to anywhere in the US.
it doesn't retail in the United States (no surprise there) or strawberrynet

How it works for most people on MUA and me: Rinse your hair, wring out the water, apply this everywhere on hair (not generously, but not light), put in the cap (you will need to buy another reuseable cap or towel because this one lasts for only one treatment), leave it on for an hour +, shampoo and condition hair like normal. THIS WORKS! great hair days from here on out.

Ingredients are as follows: Aqua (water), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Trideceth-12, Diazolidinyl Urea, PPG-1
Trideceth-6, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silicone Quaternium-18, Trideceth-6.

While not purely amazing by science, somehow this just comes together. It has a few parabans and a few silicones, but nothing organic has made my hair so beautiful and healthy-looking from the inside out yet.
A definite repurchase.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Chrissys16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW. This stuff is OUTSTANDING. Considering the price, I didn't even WANT to like this product...in fact, I was praying I'd find it totally over-hyped & over-rated. Unfortunately, Elasticizer absolutely lives up to its billing & then some...j'adore!!

Just to provide you with some background, my hair is damaged beyond belief. I seem to have a lot of it but it's very fine & is constantly breaking because I highlight it and, perhaps more importantly, it takes an absolute THRASHING from my flat iron (it's naturally curly, although "lumpy" would probably be a more accurate superlative...suffice to say the texture is NOT attractive & the frizz adds insult to injury).

I've bought super high-end products before that I thought would perform miracles since I'd paid a lot of money for them & been disappointed (ahem, Kerastase Masqueintense, I'm talkin' about YOU!) so, again, I set the bar HIGH, expecting to be disappointed. BOY, was I wrong.

I don't know what miracle ingredient they put in this stuff but I will say one thing: this stuff *PERFORMS*. Anyway, I used it for the first time tonight & already I am blown away - it does what I was SURE that NO product could do: my hair is shiny - SHINY! - for the first time since FOURTH GRADE. It was an absolute DREAM to blow dry and has absolutely TRANSFORMED my hair, & not in that sticky-coated-split-ends-glued-together-greasy-tomorrow way, either...my hair feels light, silky, clean, & absolutely like pure, virgin hair again. I am absolutely in L-O-V-E with this product & can't wait to see my hair continue to improve with further use.

18 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No