TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

It is a yellow based shimmery pressed powder with no glitters. The powder texture is really creamy and the colour is pigmented.

However the highlighting effect is limited. The highlighter does not show well on the skin. The shimmer looks quite powdery and it does not give the "natural skin glowing" effect at all.

Therefore I usually use it as an eye shadow base color as I love the subtle shimmer it gives and it blends well with my other eyeshadows. Usually I bring it around for touch ups.

The price is reasonable at around $20 for a 8.5g pot and only 2-4 brush swipes are required for the whole face. The packaging is cute in a mirror compact.

If you really want a glowing skin, try the Mac Soft and Gentle instead.

This is the most pigmented highlight I've ever come across, you just have to tap your brush in once or twice and you'll be able to highlight your entire face! The colour is a gorgeous champagne colour and I literally have to force myself to stop as it's easy to over do it. Couldn't believe the price as this is such a great product with a lot of hype. I'm always complimented on my highlight and get asked what I'm wearing. LOVE IT!

I am in love with the Mary-Lou Manizer <3 This is like glowy magic in a little container! Its amazing how just a swipe of this can completely transform your look. It instantly adds dimension to your face, and can even appear to change/ enhance your features. I adore adding this to the tip and bridge of my nose, cheekbones, chin and lips for a plumpy looking pout and all around beautiful spotlight effect. Super cute packaging, and the price is fair, around 24 dollars~ but it will last you forever as you only need a tiny swipe with your fingertips. The only reason why i docked a lippie is because my product shattered in the container even though I did not drop it. I have heard about this happening often. Other than that, i am forever in love with this highlighter and its ability to make me look instantly illuminated!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Broken upon arrival and getting worse every day. So soft it's impossible to fix or repot. I have had gold crap on everything every time I try to use. A nice highlight but overrated. There are nicer out there that aren't so difficult and expensive to get in Canada. I love the Balm, but this product lost out to its own hype in my case.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This stuff has been raved about in the blogosphere for so long that I reasoned I just HAD to go and pick it up. After tentatively dabbing some on my face, I immediately saw what all the hype had been about.

Firstly, I should warn you that this product is very, very shimmery. If you're like me and want your highlight to be seen from space, this is a good thing. If not, I would recommend it nonetheless, however would caution you to use a light hand. Secondly, this stuff is so wonderfully buttery and pigmented that it makes me want to weep. Thirdly, it's extremely blendable and fourthly - well, you should just go and purchase it, shouldn't you?

For reference, I apply this using a Mac 217 and sweep it along the tops of my cheekbones and towards the tail of a eyebrow in a sideways 'U' formation, a tiny bit under the brow itself, down the nose and on the cupid's bow. It imparts a beautiful glow that lifts your complexion and when it catches the light... man. That's the stuff of dreams.

Highly, highly recommend. There are plenty of people raving about it already and I can affirm that they are doing so for good reason.

i bought this product after i heard many rave about it and it definitely lives up to the hype. SUPER pigmented, i can barely touch it and my finger picks up amazing color. Its very blendable and shimmery. you can go light with this if your looking for a less noticeable highlight. It works good as an eye shadow too and packaging feels sturdy and is adorable. comes with .30 oz and will last you forever since you need so little. Definitely worth the 24$ but you can find it cheaper

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Cool product

I got this on poshmark for $10 and Mama mia ! I LOVE IT ! Everyone always complementa me on my highlight! This is my holy grail

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

How have I not already reviewed this highlighter?! By far my favorite highlighter. I have highlighters ranging from high end to drugstore, and this is the one I ALWAYS reach for.

This was one of the first 'higher end' products I ever purchased... years ago. I always saw bloggers and YouTubers rave about it, so I finally gave in to the hype. And I'm so glad I did!

This highlighter is, in my opinion, the perfect shade for fair to medium skin tones. It is also so finely milled and smooth. I honestly cannot get over how beautifully it applies to my skin.

I was unimpressed by Nars Albatross because it seemed too gold for me and the texture seemed a bit 'off' for some reason. I recently picked up Becca's Champagne Pop, but continue to reach for Mary-Lou Manizer over it. Champagne Pop seems to have a bit of a 'chunkier'/heavier texture to me when compared to Mary-Lou.

I find the color of Mary-Lou to be the perfect neutral-gold color. It also seems to have a more translucent-like base that allows it to blend into the skin, providing beautiful shine without a heavy base to it.

With highlighting or 'strobing' being all the craze these days, I highly recommend giving Mary-Lou Manizer a try if you are looking for an all-around perfect highlighter!

I have to admit I bought this product mainly because of its cute packaging! This highlighter packs on a lot of glitter--in a good way. You have got to use a very light hand on this otherwise you'll look like a shimmery mess. A little goes a long way and the only reason why I would not purchase this again is because I think this could last me throughout the decade! There's so much product (8.5g) in the pan and you only get to use a tiniest bit every time! I use mine to highlight my brow bone, nose, and the top of my cheeks. This is my first high end highlighter and it was worth the splurge.

Top Rated TheBalm Products