October 1, 2014 | 1812 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

After reading all the rave reviews I went ahead to get it only to be utterly disappointed with this. It is marketed to be a highlighter/shadow, so I tried using it as an eye shadow and it didn't even last me 3 hours. It started creasing and totally faded by the end of the day. I had horrible lid color on that fateful day. As a highlighter...I guess it works OKAY but I believe there are better highlighters out there. This product does not come cheap either. I must give it points for having a gorgeous and sturdy packaging though. That said, I will not be repurchasing. What a disappointment for a highly raved product.....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by SB213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, tons of compliments!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying out all types of highlighters I love this the best. I thought it was just overhyped but I tried it on in Sephora and now I understand! Itís sooooo beautiful when I apply this to my cheekbones. I get a gorgeous natural glow. Definitely my holy grail highlighter! I highly recommend you go out and buy these now! If not at LEAST try them out!! Itís worth every penny and they give you sooo much product that will last a long time!
Also the packaging is just BEAUTIFUL.

HOLY GRAIL HIGHLIGHTER

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Pamam13

Love, Love, LOVE this! It's perfect. It's extremely pigmented and looks fantastic on top of cheekbones and in the inner corners of your eyes. I love this because it can also be blended out very easily. My HG highlighter!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I wish I loved this as much as everyone else. I bought it after reading glowing review after glowing review, and it is a shiny gold powder, basically my cat-nip. But I'm just not feeling this.

First of all, as an eyeshadow it's lovely, very frosty, and a bit too much for a brow bone highlight, but as an inner corner dealie, or a lid colour it's gorgeous, finely milled blendable, total win. And I'll never, ever run out.

But I didn't really buy this to use as an eyeshadow, I bought it as a cheek-bone type highlight, and there I'm a bit less in love. It's so metallic, I feel like I overdo it with the slightest dusting and it highlights all the pores near my nose unless I'm super careful about where I put it. It can work, but it's not the effortless, every day product I thought it would be, and it looks like I've highlighted, rather than just naturally being a glowing, soft focus vision.

As a highlight for my cupid's bow or nose it can be nice, though because it is faintly gold it can look a bit artificial if I'm anything less than meticulous about how much I use.

The packaging is sturdy, and the mirror is pretty nice, and big enough to be usable. I don't love theBalm's vintage pin-ups that much, and I think the overall prison theme is kind of tacky, but that's just me and I know other people think it's cute.

In all, I use it for all the things it claims it can do, and I'm sometimes happy with the results, but this always feels like it's waiting to trip me up and transform me from 'subtly glowy' to 'greasy faced drag queen'. I don't regret buying it because it was both cheap and good value but I think the hype might have given me expectations higher than I should have had. When I say I wouldn't re-purchase that's just a 'yeah, probably not' not an 'I'd rather take a bullet to the head than buy more of this'- I don't hate it, I just feel more meh about it than I expected to after buying this site's top rated, five star highlighting powder.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by CassidyAdams18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best highlighter I have ever tried, not to mention you can also use this as a beautiful shimmery eyeshadow. It is a light gold, champagne kind of color with a finely milled shimmer. It is a soft, pigmented powder. I use a light fan brush to sweep on a small amount along my cheekbones for a natural glow, and build it up depending the look I want. This can easily be built up for an intense dewy glow or kept light. This is absolutely beautiful and definitely worth the money, but I recommend getting it on Hautelook for around $12 dollars I believe when it comes on sale. I bought it for $30 dollars however with the Betty Loumanizer. The packaging is adorable, though it doesn't feel extremely sturdy so I would make sure not to toss it around too much in a makeup bag. (The powder is soft) I absolutely love and recommend this product! A must have for me whether it's a every day look or a nighttime.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Beautynbullets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my top highlighters along with my MAC skinfinishes and my Dior.
My first one cracked and fell out all over, so I purchased another one on Amazon, I can't say how happy I am with this product! It's one of top highlighters in my opinion. It dosen't enlarge my pores or make me look like a disco ball.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Well , here's another fan of the manizer. I was a bit worried about purchasing this product because at 57 I don't need a shiny face .I needn't have been worried. This is a gorgeous champagne beige highlighter. It's not white which I didn't want either.I use this on the top of my cheekbones over blush and it leaves the most stunning subtle shimmer, not at all overpowering.I was also worried about it showing up the lines near my eyes,but it doesn't . Yes its pigmented but it looks natural.Does not emphasise pores,(but then mine are not obvious anyway), but seriously if you large pores I don't think you'll like this or anything shiny for that matter. I don't like it on cupid's bow,looks too obvious..This has got to be one of the best highlighters available both in performance and value.It's the size of a powder compact,so it will last years! And the packaging is sturdy. you will have to go far to beat this fantastic product. Very impressed and delighted with my purchase!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by 2LaSirena

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm.. so far this is the best performing highlighter..it stays on..which I can't say that for the rest of the powder highlighters I have tried. Most just disappear. That being said, the color really isn't right for a cool toned, pink skinned, fair complected person like me. I wish they had more of a silver pinkish toned color in this highlighter. It just doesn't really show up that much. I want to get that highlighted definition on the tops of my cheeks...but I really can't see it..and where I do..it's not really that flattering. It does show up better on my cupids bow and around eyes and under eyebrows..but, I was a bit dissapointed. If anyone has recommendations for a silvery, pinker toned highlighter, I would love to hear it. I do think in the summer when I have a tan I might like this more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Mary-lou Manizer is such a pretty honey-hued highlighter that gives a very subtle healthy glow to your skin. I tried multiple highlighters and this one is by far my fave of all! I think it worth all the hype and rave reviews out there. The packaging is also very pretty and fun. The price is quite good for the quality you get. This highlighter and the Bahama mama bronzer from the same brand gave my skin the perfect glow. Can't wait to try them this summer with a tan, it will look gorgeous. I would repurchase for sure!