E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've re-bought this item many times. It's a HOLY GRAIL item. My only complaint is that I can look very powdery, but that's probably just me applying too much (I do that sometimes).

I really enjoy this product when I'm going for a more matte, formal look. Sadly, I had to retire my container for the summer because it was not the best option. I never experienced flashback from this product, even when I wore it to prom. Granted, I am quite pale, but I did not notice any white spots when buffed into my skin. I don't have very oily skin, so I don't know how well it works as an oil controller.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this powder a little while ago and when I first bought it, I honestly didn't care for it much.
Flash forward to last week. My face is ridiculously, appallingly oily. I don't know what happened because my skin had been really good for the month before that and then boom, I wake up one morning and the situation is tragic.
Like an hour after I wash my face, it's already REALLY oily. No amount of blotting paper has been helping the situation. And the heat/my sweat is not helping the situation.
The bb cream I've been is consumed by the oil by the time I make it out of class.
I had been using Rimmel Stay Matte powder but I dropped it and both the case and the product shattered a couple of weeks and I didn't want to have to replace it, when I remembered about this.
I put it on after the sunscreen, but before the bb cream and then again after the bb cream. Honestly I definitely used way too much, because my face had a little bit of a white tint to it after, but I didn't want to have to bring it with me because the packaging is so big and bulky.
Lemme tell you, it worked wonders. It's been 8 hours and I sat through a two hour class, a two hour subway commute, and a two mile walk in the heat and I'm only a little shiny/oily! Like compared to the grease fest my face was yesterday, this is a dream. I like it a lot better than I liked Stay Matte.

tl;dr: Keeps oil at bay a lot better than expected, but the packaging is super annoying (took off a point for that). Definitely buying again!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I have really sensitive, acne-prone, very oily skin! After 2 trips to ULTA, an hour each spending asking questions, searching, and feeling discouraged, I walked out with nothing :(. Both times. Then I go to Target and I find this! It doesn't clog my pores, keeps me matte all day, and is so lightweight, I love it! Do you know how hard it is to find a good makeup product that doesn't have harsh ingredients, and doesn't break me out??! This is like heaven! I completely recommend this product! The only issue I have is the packaging. I like the shape, it's very MAC, but I have a hard time getting the powder out without making a mess or pouring out too much. I don't use the puff either, I use ELF's total face brush. :D. I love elf products.

I have the white/translucent one, and I dont like it on my face. It does a good job with setting my undereye concealer, but if I used to set my foundation its a mess. I look white, is sticks to all the little hairs.
The packaging is crap, feels so cheap, and when I open it there is powder everywhere.
I will not re-purchase, mostly because it will last for years (since I only use it under my eyes) and even if its cheap, its not really worth it.

Right now, i'm in love... When my bf saw me on Friday (the first day i tried this powder), he said "Ohohooo good makeup day! Looking gorgeous!" I used primer, bb and this HD powder (and nude eyeshadow and a nice pink lipstick) - i looked spotless for 10 hours, and it gave me a really natural finish! The packaging is really bulky (seriously, elf, is that much plastic necessary? it can survive an atomic bomb...), but kinda nice looking, i like looking at it on my drawer. The white furry thingy coming with it is worthless, but at least stops the powder from spilling out. So, apply it with a brush instead. If i don't get zits of it, this product is HG!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily/combination/acne prone skin. I bought this powder in translucent.

PROS:
- Very light powder, not heavy or cakey at all
- Helped keep my oil under control
- Decent price (around $6)
- Didn't gather around my dry spots
- Didn't clog my pores or break me out
- No talc
CONS:
- I got oily again after about 3 hours
- Can leave a white cast, but only if you use a heavy hand
- Bad packaging

I would recommend this for all skin types, but would warn ladies with very oily skin that you won't stay matte for a very long period of time. Good product overall, I only suggest that when you use this powder, you leave the puff (it comes with a puff) inside the container and only remove it when you use this powder. Otherwise, this stuff will go all over the place.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this at a sale a few months back and have been using it quite often on my tzone. It's a very fine powder, but I wouldn't say it's a dupe for the MUFE HD powder, it can leave quite a white cast if you don't blend or buff it in. The amount of product that comes with it seems quite little, but then again you get what you pay for. I like the packaging design but it's a pain to get the powder out, there's quite a wastage of product there. Other than that, I quite like this powder, it sets, it's mattifying, looks great in pictures. I have read reviews that it's difficult to pick the product up with a brush cos of the silicone content/it's better to use the puff that comes with it, but I prefer using a brush. Overall a 3.5/5!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this about 2 years ago - in my first and last ELF tryout - I had the translucent (no pigment) version. I can't understand how anyone can compare this to MUFE, when you put MUFE loose powder on bare skin, it immediately sets and creates this beautiful area of silk splendor, when you put ELF powder on your bare skin it's very much like flour. They are a mile away from each other.
The container was almost full when I threw it away.
Yes, the price is unbeatable, but I wouldn't pay 1 cent for a product I won't use :)

So, I guess, if you're happy with overall quality of ELF products (which I am most definitely not) this might be a good choice.

Amazing product! Have repurchase about 3-4 times already. Gives a great silky feel to the skin, and is a great setting powder.

The only issue i have with this is the packaging, very bulky and the powder tends to get everywhere if you don't leave the little powder puff inside.

Video Reviews & Tutorials