July 31, 2014 | 1602 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by hlillico

The product itself is pretty good. Cuts down shine, don't need too much of it. I apply it with the powder brush from E.L.F. and that goes on smoothly. It evens out my pores and I find, and just kind of blends everything.
The packaging is an issue though to try and get just a slight amount out, and the container is about 3 X as big as it needs to be.
Can't beat the price though :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by hmllr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to get this powder in Shimmer. Was looking forward to try it because of the great reviews online. Unfortunately for me, this powder is not working for me. I look like a geisha with this sucker on!! Either that, or i look like edward from twilight, all sparkly under the sun. Its too horrible even if i minimize the powder. On top of it, it can get too messy. I would definitely NOT purchase this again!!! Super bad buy!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I had hopes for this powder. after I read reviews from ladies with dry skin saying that this doesn't accentuate dry skin but this makes my skin look and feel horrible, patchy and dry, definitely not appropriate for dry skin

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

This product is ok. I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it either. I love its silky texture, but it does leave a slight white cast. Also, be VERY careful with the packaging. I was getting product into the lid one day, and the entire top part fell off, and I lost almost all of the product.. So disappointed! I recommend taking it off before using, and just lightly tapping a brush in the product to use it. I don't know if I'd buy again because I prefer the Palladio loose powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great powder, makes pores appear smaller..try their Kabuki brush swirl in powder, tap excess powder the swirl brush all over face in circular motions, you'll see your skin looking flawlessly in seconds...start off with just a lil powder to blend in then use more if you like, lil by lil..:)...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I really like this powder especially because it helps with the wear of my foundation. I put it in just before mascara after I've done everything else. I do also wear a pressed powder the color of my skin and don't just rely on this to help. I make sure to buff out the product really well so that there is no white residue left over and I don't look like a ghost. With that said, the packaging idly the best and the first time I opened this I had an explosion of white powder. Definitely err on the side of caution when opening and using.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyox

Have done a review of this powder on my blog - check it out:

I did break-out after using this product but whether it was this product to cause my break-out I am still not sure.
Does do what it says it does, masking fine lines and giving a radiant complexion. Not keen on packaging - too bulky!
x

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I wanted to love this product; I really, really did.

It has a nice, smooth texture--so smooth, in fact, that when I got a little product on the outside of the container, it slipped out of my hands and onto the floor and spilled out most of the powder. So be careful when handling. :)

The container itself is rather bulky. It could have been designed much better, more like a standard round container instead of squared off corners.

I like that this product worked well at hiding my pores and kept my T-zone reasonably in check.

The puff it comes with is great! I toss it in the washer in a lingerie bag with my light-colors/whites and it holds up well. I've had a couple of these for months and see no sign of wear and tear, despite the number of times they've been through a wash cycle.

Unfortunately, this powder made me break out, so I had to discontinue using it. The list of ingredients says it may contain mica. I think my skin might have a problem with mica.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by diana444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is perfect to reduce the look of your foundation especially if orange and it gives you the porcelain look. Simply love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

The container is HUGE, you'll never run out.
It is messy, but when I opened it for the first time, I only peeled off the sticky sheet to reveal two holes in the sifter. I then cut the peeled back part with scissors. I do this for all my loose powders.
It does a nice job of mattifying my skin with very little product.
This didn't keep my makeup in place very well unfortunately.
I broke out considerably after using this product;
I tested it three times afterward, and I broke out every time.