December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Loose Powders - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by kimdja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love everything about this powder. Sets me beautifully and keeps me matte all day. SO affordable and I absolutely love the feel and look of the packaging. I will be re-buying and most likely stock this up :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Pammybammy

I love this product, but it is really easy to go overboard. Putting on too much will leave your face looking ghostly. The packaging is bad because the holes where the powder comes out through are too big, and too much powder comes out at the same time, leaving a mess. To solve problem, i put tape over most of the holes, only leaving one hole open for the powder to come out; (i hope this did not confuse anyone, lol) this helped a ton. Overall this product is great (with a generous amount) , and i reccommend it to everyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is NOT a setting powder. it is a silica powder used for finishing- it will not set & lock in your foundation so it should not be rated on its ability to do so. it is a finishing powder used for blurring imperfections on the skin as a last step in your makeup routine. this stuff is good at smoothing rough skin texture & blurring pores BUT do not use it if there is any chance of having your picture taken because silica creates major flashback in flash photography causing you to look ghostly white wherever the powder was applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

I love the sheer one. Not a fan of the shimmer or yellow because it ends up looking cakey on my skin. The sheer one is great though. I go to this more then mac powders to set my makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by vymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this years ago and I never really got into it.

However, I really started to use it a few months ago and I love it.
It works so well and really smooths out my face.

I will definitely be buying this again.

Be careful not to use too much of it though. It CAN give you a white cast.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Just got my ELF order in today and immediately tried this. I was quite disappointed with the white cast it left on my skin. It just gave a.... strange look to my face. It is quite possible I used too much. I will probably try it again to see if I can make it work. As of now, I prefer the translucent mattifying pressed powder by ELF. Will update when I experiment with it more, but not a great first impression.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this to death :) i have oily skin and this just makes my makeuplast a couple hours longer! <3 already have a back up

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by littlehooch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

With ELF their products seem to be a hit or miss and this is a hit! I have this powder in the white translucent and I really love it! I struggle staying matte all day because of my very oily skin. This keeps me shine free all day with just one dusting! Only use this if you have oily or very oily skin. My mother used it and it caught on dry patches so not for dry skin. It is kinda a large container and a little bulky with a screw off lid. But since it lasts all day you don't need to carry it around so the bulk is no big deal. I don't like the puff it comes with so I use my powder brush and it works great. Causes a little flashback in flash photography so don't use it if you're taking photos. It's very inexpensive, I think it was around $5 at Target. There is no fragrance and it didn't break me out. I use it after my foundation and doesn't work well by itself. There's a good bit of product. I for sure recommend this for people with oily skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I was so stoked to try this, but I ended up dumping it out and replacing it with pure cornstarch. The entire jug of cornstarch cost about $1.50, and it works much better than this powder at undetectably controlling oil at a ridiculously low cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best drugstore finishing powder ever. Its just as good as the Makeup Forever powder that I used to use which is not cheap at all. This is a wonderful option and I honestly prefer it over the high end powders I have tried.

-its a white powder but doesnt leave a white cast and its not ashy or chalky looking.
-makes my makeup look so airbrushed and complete!
-looks great in photos!
-the price is great. Got it for 6 bucks at Target. cant beat that considering the MUFE powder ranges between 35-52 depending on the size. WOW.
-i like the way it is packaged very much. Its kind of big but still great for traveling cause its quite durable.
-to apply it i pour some in the lid and use a big fluffy brush, the ELF powder brush works as well and just apply it all over my face.
-it keeps me oil free all day without looking cakey.
-no breakouts! lots of powders clog my pours or cause blemishes, this one has yet to do any of that.
-i can only find ELF online or at my local target. But my target always has it in stock and if worse comes to worse I could always order it. I always keep some of this stuff on hand!