October 24, 2014 | 1122 users online

Mascara - Korres - Provitamin B5 & Rice Bran Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by rubyeskimo

Today is the first day of me trying this mascara and I am in LOVE! I tried this without curling my lashes and I have a defined curl after one coat! I have average length lashes I would say that have a tendency to clump together when I apply mascara but this gives perfectly defined lashes. And the length...it's amazing. I cannot rave enough about it! This is comparable to the effects I get with Clinique's Naturally Glossy mascara and I think it's because the brushes are quite similar. No smudging and I have quite oily lids. Overall I am really impressed with this mascara and I think it will be my new everyday mascara!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a pretty average mascara. It's not horrible, but it's not something I would purchase in full size (it was part of a Sephora Lash Stash for me). It gives a pretty natural look to the lashes, no flaking or clumping. It did smudge a little by the end of the day, but I do have oily lids (and it was nowhere near the level of DuWop's Lash Venom). It was the first time I'd used a mascara that claimed to be a very natural product, and while I didn't notice much difference in how it applied or lasted from other mascaras, the scent is definitely different. It's not bad (or strong, I could only smell it when I sniffed the wand), but it doesn't smell like the typical mascara scent. It actually smells a bit like wet grass to me. I would've used my sample longer, but I prefer not worrying about my mascara smudging on me before my work day is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:26:00 AM More reviews by thatssoblasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive eyes so its hard for me to find mascara that won't irritate my eyes. I've been using this product for several months now and it hasn't irritated my eyes one bit! It separates, defines, and lengthens my lashes which is amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by toffeenut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is alright. It doesn't suck, nor does it rock my mascara world. Yet, it was a pleasant surprise after test driving my first offerings from Sephora's 2009 mascara sampler. I would rate this just above average (3.3). It coats my lashes well, and gives me some additional length but not that much volume. I would try the full-size if I didn't have a million and one mascaras to go through (and it was on sale, making it comparable to drugstore brands). Try a sample, if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sunshine1515

I love this stuff. It gives me long clump-free lashes with just one coat. My mom even asked me what mascara I was using, and she has never done that before!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really excited about this mascara mostly because I love the white minimalist packaging and I admit that this style of packaging is what got me into buying much of the Korres line of makeup - and I'm not too impressed by anything I've gotten. Maybe I received a dried out tube but it makes my lashes look dry and stiff and deposits little tiny clumps of mascara. It dries very quickly - actually applying in a somewhat dried form. Strangely, it leaves the tips of my lashes looking like....insect antennae!!!!!!!!! Never ever have I seen this before - a little bit that just hangs off the tip. However, I've found that if I've just applied a rich moisturizer to my eye area and also get it on my lashes that the mascara goes on pretty well and looks nice. Again, maybe I did just get an old dried out tube. Otherwise, this mascara is just horrible although it has never flaked and would only smudge if I had rubbed my eyes vigorously. I returned it to Sephora.

I've gotten far better results with the cheapest mascara and this is priced at a steep $18. Oh. And it smells like wet dirt but I didn't really mind since it doesn't last but it has that definite scent while applying.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Ssasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It's an OK mascara--not as natural as it could be, not as effective, either. It doesn't smudge as quickly as the Fresh mascara, but I find that it doesn't last as long as it could. In short, a bit better than average; I'll keep experimenting with others, and go back to this if I don't find anything better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by faustine

This was a good mascara, but not great. I like the brush, which separated my straight Asian lashes nicely. It does a good job in defining my lashes, and I like defined lashes rather than voluminous lashes anyway.

However, I found that it can get flaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by winterorchid

I had been using Shisheido Perfect Mascara with the Shisheido Mascara base but my eyes would get red and watery and sometimes my eyes would get very irritated where I felt there was a speck in my eye. I am Asian and have flat short lashes. I need alot of help with my lashes. I got this mascara as part of a gift set I bought at Sephora. I have the brown color.
PROS:
It really lengthens my short lashes. Even w/o the mascara base, it looks great.
It is natural and conditions my lashes, it is good for my lashes. I don't feel as guilty having this stuff on.
Easy to take off at night with coconut oil as makeup remover. Yes, I use virgin organic coconut oil as my makeup remover.
Easy to use.
Does not irritate my super sensitive eyes even around allergy season.
It looks very natural, great for work and family time.
When I pull out the wand, there is not excessive mascara formula on the wand. I don't have to worry about the extra time it takes to remove the extra mascara.
CONS:
It smudges on me thoughout the day. I little coconut oil helps to remove the smudge.
I have to use several coats to lengthen my lashes.
I still use the Shisheido curler to curl my lashes before I put this product on, my lashes are very flat.
For me, this product clumps a little, not as much as L'oreal Natural Mascara.
Overall: I really like this mascara since it does not irritate my eyes and it is good for my lashes. I love the Shiseido mascara/base also but it irritates by eyes so badly sometimes I have to go to the side and park the car while driving to put eye drops in my eye. I would repurchase but hope Korres will make a new formula that strengthens, conditions, lengthens, and volumizes all in one w/o the clumping and smudging.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by julieannmarie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this on in Sephora, it was awesome. I have been searching for a great mascara, and this one fits the bill. Glides on easily, does not smudge and makes my lashes look long an thick. Love it.