January 28, 2015 | 1811 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in White

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by MissMelinda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeshadow base about a month ago and I love it! My eyeshadow stays put and doesn't fade or crease :) I recommend it to all!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by alisasmir

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Grey

I see how some people are complaining that their eyeshadows were still creasing with this product. It is NOT a primer, it is simply a base that just makes your eyeshadow color stand out and keeps it in place. This product as long as I know doesnt promise to be crease proof. Yes, my eyeshadows crease with this one too, but that's where PRIMER comes in handy. Overall, I love this as a base! Makes any eyeshadow color pop and appear brighter. And, it does keep my eyeshadows in place, but doesnt prevent creasing. So this is why I probably wouldn't purchase it again, I find it better to use something like MAC paint pots, which is a base and a primer 2-in-1. But NYX eyeshadow base is a great great product tho!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually love NYX products, but the eyeshadow base was a bust for me. I have oily eyelids. Not overly oily but I need some sort of primer there to hold my e/s all day. This did not do it for me.

-Application: I used both my fingers and my ELF concealer brush. Both worked in spreading the product around but I preferred the brush because it seemed to apply it better.

-Wear: I would apply this in the morning then apply eyeshadow. While this did really intensify the color (which I loved about this) by the time after work my eyeshadow was creased horribly.

-Test: I wanted to see if this was just the NYX base or my eyelids. I put the NYX base on one eye and Too Faced Shadow Insurance on the other eye. By the end of the day, the Too Faced held up while the NYX was creased and eyeshadow was barely noticeable on that eye.

-Overall: The best thing about this was how it really intensified the colors of your eyeshadow. However, I do not think that is worth it especially if the NYX base doesn't stay. I will not be repurchasing this particular base from NYX.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by avastefani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this primer, but it just left my eyelids oily comparison to other primers.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

This one is good...maybe not the best, but I actually do see my shadow lasting much longer and you can't beat the price for this stuff! I also like to use their Milk jumbo pencil before my shadow..but a little trick I DO use for this more than my primer for eyes..I actually use a tiny bit of this all over my face, and sometimes just only for UNDER my eyes so my concealor lasts even longer. ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This isn't bad. If you learn how to work it right it actually works really well.

I got this at a buy one get one half off from somewhere I can't return from, so it was really a whim. I've tried it numerous times on my hand and eye and I have to say that it does make the color stick. Previously, I didn't use a base or primer, but I did use a cheap white pearly cream shadow as a base and it worked wonders. I compared, and this makes the color a bit more vivid, but a bit less shimmery than the old one. But both work. If anything this could matte some colors, but if they are sparkly, that will show no matter what. The pot design is a little tough to reach, so that stinks. It doesn't feel greasy to me, after all this time, you'd expect it to dry out, but I just scoop a tiny bit out and it's still moist and spreadable. Of course, you have to apply it as evenly as possible to get the smoothest shadow results. Maybe people with greasier lids have to avoid it though, I can't say. I do also have to say that liquid, gel and pencil liner go over this, where as with my old 'cream shadow' base it really didn't. I would put liner, then that shadow/primer and then eye shadow but this can be used first and everything sticks. It also works as a lip base, which I thought was cool. I love a light balm color but it has zero staying power. I put this one first and it really stayed on hours longer and still didn't feel like a heavy lipstick. It does *slightly* matte the color/add a whiteness to the lip color especially if it's a sheer so just beware. It works great on darker cream colors to extend staying power without altering the color or formula.

Overall it works well, and actually out performs my previous 'base'. I've had it for a year and a half and while I don't use it every day but I still have a lot left since you only need a small bit, and in that time it hasn't dried out. You get soo much for the price. 6 grams I think. I would buy again unless I found something else, though I'm so not the kind of person to pay a lot for a base. If the container was better I think people would like it more so I recommend either using a brush, or better a small cosmetic spatula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is FANTASTIC. I used this for my Halloween makeup... for my entire face... not just my eyes. Day of the dead skull... and I sing in a band....it's a rock band... I sweat like a beast & yeah I know that's not a pretty visual but THIS LASTED ALL NIGHT W/OUT A TOUCH UP!!!! I used this along w/the matte white eyeshadow... and I now use it all the time - on my eyes. It's a great base even if you're not wearing anything but the white primer to brighten up your eyes and cover any veiny looking lids... My liner has never lasted so long. Pencil, gel, liquid... it's like setting my eyes in stone w/this stuff. I'm thoroughly impressed... there's no irritation (and UD primer potion makes my eyes tear). This little pot of white gold will last me for ages because a little goes a long way... and ups the staying power for anything that's going over it. A real winner.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted this to work. I wanted to like it.
The key is having normal/dry skin, and applying it really thinly.
There is no consistency to overall performance; Some days it does ok, and others, it creases terribly.
It does enhance the color payoff. It simply doesnt work as a primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I can deal with this product. I love the *concept* of a white eye primer or base for someone N20 or lighter. But the texture of this product is just gross. It's kind of waxy and greasy at the same time. I kept applying more and more and more, trying to get even coverage on my lids. It's weirdly translucent and went on really splotchy. It sort of reminded me of a dried-out MAC Paint Pot, which I'm also not a fan of. I was hoping for a richer, more velvety texture. I guess for $6 my expectations were just too high. If this product had the smooth texture of Ultima II Fade Not Crease Not or Laura Geller Spackle, I'd pay 3-4x more for it and it would be holy grail. But just thinking about putting my finger back in the pot of this stuff kinda gives me shivers. Ugh.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never have problems with creasing shadow - even cream shadows. I got this to see if it would amp up a cheap palette of brights I bought online. It did kinda - but the pretty colors were streaked and patchy within a couple of hours. not worth it.