NYX Eyeshadow Base in White

3.5

*Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, *Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, *Silica (and) Methicone, BHT, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/HexarosinateRicinus Communic (Castor) Seed Oil, *Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Nylon-66, Ceresin,*Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 11/22/2013 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought two of these-white and skintone. I really love them both. The white makes my eyeshadow colors pop and help them to stay on longer. I am very fair skinned and can also get away with using this as an undereye highlighter, applied very lightly. The size of the pot is decent and contains a lot of product and although it doesn't take a lot and I don't think I will run out anytime soon, I would most definitely repurchase if I did.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I realize that this is not meant to be a primer. My eyelids aren't overly oily, but this creased like crazy on me, even with primer underneath. I tried using this very sparingly as well as a little thicker. I gave it 2 lippies because it did make the shadow pop, but it only lasted a couple hours.

on 8/15/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this because the NYX eyeshadow pencil in Milk was sold out at Ulta, and this looked like a good alternative. I put it to the test on my hand with a few cheapie eyeshadows I had, and it made them pop like crazy. Even high end eyeshadows looked better. But it falls short on my eyelids. So much creasing! Even with primer underneath, even if I blended the base out or kept it opaque, I could not get this to work on my eyes. I don't even have oily lids. I'm pretty disappointed since it looks so pretty layered with eyeshadow. I guess I'll just have to try Milk.

on 8/2/2013 3:50:00 AM

Better than expected after reading the reviews.I still wanted to purchase this NYX eyeshadow base in White,althought it have had some bad name.And good name too.I thought it's texture would be just the same as NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow pencil.But..it is not.The base is way better as a lid primer.I have that Jumbo Eyeshadow pencil and it creases like nothing else ever. This base is pleasant to apply,I think so.It is just what I look for a lid base,creamy and heavy enough that the eyeshadow will stay put in it's glory.And why I wanted it in White is that it hides all the nasty vains on the lid.Also it takes the greasiness away and keeps it away too!Would say that this base is good with any eyeshadow.Oh.. and it creases a little bit after few hours but nothing so noticeable.Would repurchase but I think I'll buy the NYX HD eyeshadow base next,it has very good rating.

on 7/30/2013 1:22:00 PM

Best primer on the market as of right now, hands down!!!! I own pretty much every primer on the market, high and low and this one is on top. It comes in a cream base, perfect in texture not being too oily like I find MAC's paint pots and can easily be spread on with your fingers working it onto my lid, crease and browbone. With this being a white base, you get soooo much more of a POP of color and it does shadows its justice and I get no creasing and my look stays put forever!! Shadows apply evenly and very easy to blend. You do not have to seek high end counters and pay a big dollar for an awesome base. For 6 dollars, you cant go wrong, this is my HOLY GRAIL and my everyday go to. AMAZING PRODUCT!!

on 7/20/2013 3:15:00 PM

Dear ladies who are saying this is NOT a primer. Here is what NYX describes their product "Maximize the intensity, longevity and unashamed brilliance of your eye shadow statements with our eye shadow primer pots. Each of the three NYX Eye Shadow Bases—for vibrant, pearl or neutral tones—creates a smooth canvas for color, increases its durability and prevents fallout." IT IS A PRIMER....some people call it a "base" and some call it a "primer"....either way....it's an awesome product.

on 7/14/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up from Ulta in my quest to find a drugstore-priced eyeshadow primer. I am very pleased with it. Don't use too much or it will crease -- otherwise, it just glides over my entire eye area perfectly. It does brighten my shadows -- particularly light or colored pigments. Not so much neutrals. I would have given this a 5 because I really do like this primer -- however, I have found other drugstore-priced primers that I love more and that have better packaging so I'm not sure I'd purchase it again. But I will continue to love it and wear it until it's gone.

on 7/14/2013 3:58:00 PM

First off, I was using much more expensive prestige brands for eye primers (Urban Decay and the like) and just didn't want to put that much money into a primer this time around. Well, I ran into a BOGO 1/2 off sale for NYX, so I grabbed this little gem. It comes in 3 colors, Skin Tone, Pearl, and White. This one, the White, is great for making your shadows more vibrant as well as making them longer lasting and helping to reduce creasing. This primer is really thick and solid - a teeny bit goes a real long way. It's soft and silky on your lids, and odor-free. I have very sensitive skin, and my skin/eyes didn't get angry at all by wearing it (I've been wearing it almost daily for a month now). I wear it under loose, finely milled mineral shadows and liners, and even after long 12+ hour days, I see minimal fading and no creasing! If you try this product and see creasing, try to put less on - the first time that I did use this, I did use too much, and I did have a little creasing. Using a little less was perfect. The only thing that I'd ask from NYX is that they could maybe make the packaging a little different - perhaps wider so it's easier to get your finger in there if you do have nails.

on 6/2/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This cream comes in a little glass jar with a screw off plastic top. It is a solid white cream and is very thick similar to a cream eye shadow. I used my finger to apply this but I really dislike that method as it makes a mess on your finger and if you have long nails this product is hard to get out of the jar. It goes on white and smooths out well brightening and lightening your eye area. It is odorless and non stinging and even though it is a cream it seems to stay put and keeps shadow put too. I have used both cream and powder shadows over this and it works well for either one. It did help brighten the color and kept it in place without creasing or flaking off. I really like this product. I really don't like using my finger to get at it though. I'd buy this again but it isn't my favorite. This does work great though is just isn't a bargain at $7 when the ELF is only $1. Economics wins.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've had this primer since last summer, so almost a year.
At first it worked amazing, then slowly it stopped working.
It creases my eyeshadow super bad. I thought I might have been using too much so i thought I'd use less next time, same thing happened.
I use MAC, Urban Decay, & Milani eyeshadows. They never creased until a few months after i used this primer.
But, maybe my eyelids get too oily. Take a chance and buy it. It was just $6 at Chloes. It may work for you.