April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in White

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Nichole84

This product creases!!! I normally don't have problems with eye shadow creasing on me, even when I don't use a base or a primer. So the fact that I put this on and within a couple hours ALL of my eye makeup has migrated into my crease is disappointing. This problem is especially upsetting when you are wearing dark or super bright shadows. It becomes very visible and then you just end up looking like a clown. I was really excited about this product so it bums me out to have to write this review but, hey, hopefully it helps someone else from purchasing a product that doesn't deliver on its promise. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MoxieSauce

I purchased this to replace my Jumbo Pencil in Milk. Milk always caused my shadow to crease which was such a bummer because it really made colors pop. This base isn't quite as pigmented as Milk but it is buildable. I still have to take care when applying it near the crease of my lids because this will crease (but not nearly to the degree as Milk). I only reach for this when I am wearing colors that I don't have a matching Paint Pot or other non-creasing cream shadow. If you are new to makeup or you don't already have a large collection of cream shadows I would recommend this. It is a great way to get extra depth out of shadows with out having to invest in several Paint Pots or MUFE Aqua Creams.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaBiatch

I like this eyeshadow base. I originally got it as a Christmas gift in the pearl color in 2010, and now in April 2012 after everyday use have finally run out. This time I bought the white just to see how it was in comparison to the pearl. I have to say I like both although I felt like the pearl might have grabbed color a little better. This product does not completely prevent creasing, that's why I give it a 4. I think for the price (I paid like $6.20 on Amazon) it is definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Amlymei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no clue why people are raving about this product. It is horrible! I remember using it years ago, but tossed it. I had heard a youtube rave about it a few weeks ago, so i went and purchased it again thinking maybe it be better now, Nope!

I loved how it made my eye shadow pop. But when I got home, not even 8 hours later, I didn't have any eye shadow on. None. It had all ran up into my crease. I might as well left the house wearing zero eye shadow. My ELF primer works better than this stuff. I also don't have oily lids, so I don't have major creasing problems in general.

I returned this product the next day. Would never recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went to Ulta a few months ago looking for NYX's skin-tones eyeshadow base and unfortunately they were totally sold out. I saw that this was the alternative and decided to buy it! (My first NYX purchase, just for a reference) And I actually really like it! The white color brings out the color of my eyeshadow and if applied thinly does prevent creasing to a certain extent :) I apply it with my fingers and don't blend it past my crease so I don't look funny. It is very smooth and creamy and I really do like it!

The only reason I said no to re-purchasing is because this little pot will probably last me for a decade or more if it doesn't dry out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by tlanpn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily eyelids and no primer seemed to be able to prevent the fading, creasing, and smudging of anything I used. While this primer also comes in a beige color, I decided to try this white one first. On its own, I apply it all over my eyelid and even put a little dab in the inner eye corner. While I never leave the house without eyeliner, even if I decided not to wear an eyeshadow, this primer opens up the eye without making me look like a ghost or ghoul. Normally, however, I apply my Maybelline EyeTattoo to the lid and I am out the door knowing that my eye makeup will now stay where I have put it until I am ready to remove it at night.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After a few hours with this, my lids became itchy and irritated. It's been a few days since I've used it, but now my lids are flaky, red, itchy, and irritated because if this stuff. Even though it's more expensive, I trust UDPP more to NOT give me an allergic reaction

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by kandykook

I love this I use it almost everyday. Shadows show up on it the best of any drugstore eye shadow base I have tried. Definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by clee50841

This product is just okay. Its pretty reasonably priced but I think its a bit overrated. Yes, it does make your eyeshadow pop but its hard to get out of the bottle and does not apply very well. Its almost turned into a hard cream. I don't agree with some other reviewers who said this could be used as a primer...its not very fluid and really only just makes the colors pop more. It does make blues and greens really stand out though. However, I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Dollymaeormaynot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this all the time and I love it. My shadow used to crease and fade and now it's not a problem at all. Even when I apply all black shadow I use this as a base, then a black base and blend black shadow into it and it all stays put all day. No creasing. It also allows you to build super vibrant colors over it. You can use a teeny bit and blend out or you can go thicker and make a very pale base. It all works for me. I have the skin toned one as well and have the same results with it although I reach for the white one more out of habit.