July 31, 2014 | 1038 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in White

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is FANTASTIC. I used this for my Halloween makeup... for my entire face... not just my eyes. Day of the dead skull... and I sing in a band....it's a rock band... I sweat like a beast & yeah I know that's not a pretty visual but THIS LASTED ALL NIGHT W/OUT A TOUCH UP!!!! I used this along w/the matte white eyeshadow... and I now use it all the time - on my eyes. It's a great base even if you're not wearing anything but the white primer to brighten up your eyes and cover any veiny looking lids... My liner has never lasted so long. Pencil, gel, liquid... it's like setting my eyes in stone w/this stuff. I'm thoroughly impressed... there's no irritation (and UD primer potion makes my eyes tear). This little pot of white gold will last me for ages because a little goes a long way... and ups the staying power for anything that's going over it. A real winner.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted this to work. I wanted to like it.
The key is having normal/dry skin, and applying it really thinly.
There is no consistency to overall performance; Some days it does ok, and others, it creases terribly.
It does enhance the color payoff. It simply doesnt work as a primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think I can deal with this product. I love the *concept* of a white eye primer or base for someone N20 or lighter. But the texture of this product is just gross. It's kind of waxy and greasy at the same time. I kept applying more and more and more, trying to get even coverage on my lids. It's weirdly translucent and went on really splotchy. It sort of reminded me of a dried-out MAC Paint Pot, which I'm also not a fan of. I was hoping for a richer, more velvety texture. I guess for $6 my expectations were just too high. If this product had the smooth texture of Ultima II Fade Not Crease Not or Laura Geller Spackle, I'd pay 3-4x more for it and it would be holy grail. But just thinking about putting my finger back in the pot of this stuff kinda gives me shivers. Ugh.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never have problems with creasing shadow - even cream shadows. I got this to see if it would amp up a cheap palette of brights I bought online. It did kinda - but the pretty colors were streaked and patchy within a couple of hours. not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by emg6193

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start out by saying that I liked this product for a month after I initially purchased it from ULTA. I was willing to spend $7 for an eyeshadow primer to make blue and silver eyeshadows show up on my pale eyelids. I cannot really judge a product until I have used it long term.

After the first months of using it, I found that it irritated my eyelids. It could have a lot to do with cheap drugstore eyeshadows also cause irritation to my eyelids. However, the consistency of the primer made my eyelids especially tender, especially when washing off. Since I have quit using it, I have ruled that both the primer and cheap eyeshadows were damaging to my eye area.

I would recommend buying higher quality eyeshadows like Urban Decay if you have sensitive eyelids. The colors of cheap shadows do show up well with this product. However, when it is hot or you begin to sweat, the product feels very cakey and begins to crease.

I always go by how a product feels. I give this a 2 because it does what it says on the bottle. But it does not get a 3 or higher because this product is not gentle enough for sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

Maybe it's the colour that I don't like... it comes up too white.. so it's hard for me because I prefer natural colours.. I would say that for me I need a nude colour instead.. but otherwise this is a good product.. creamy and good to blend in.. but still too white for me :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Would give this item a 5 if the packaging were sanitary. I am not a fan of having to dip my finger or brush in the pot to get product out over and over.

I have used Urban Debay Primer Potion, Tarte eyeshadow primer, Too Faced, Smashbox, etc. Between Urban Decay and this one its a toss up. They are both great and for the price of this one i can buy all three shades instead of one Urban Decay.

Goes on well, stays put, no creasing, colors of eyeshadow come true and keeps shadow in place ALL day in 100+ temperatures of the Arizona desert. Very impressed!

EDIT: I have to change my rating on this one and lower it because i got horrible oily eyelids and creasing with my Tarte eyeshadows...would not buy again. I do use it under my eyes and under concealer which keeps the concealer from creasing and helpt it stay put.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Nichole84

This product creases!!! I normally don't have problems with eye shadow creasing on me, even when I don't use a base or a primer. So the fact that I put this on and within a couple hours ALL of my eye makeup has migrated into my crease is disappointing. This problem is especially upsetting when you are wearing dark or super bright shadows. It becomes very visible and then you just end up looking like a clown. I was really excited about this product so it bums me out to have to write this review but, hey, hopefully it helps someone else from purchasing a product that doesn't deliver on its promise. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by MoxieSauce

I purchased this to replace my Jumbo Pencil in Milk. Milk always caused my shadow to crease which was such a bummer because it really made colors pop. This base isn't quite as pigmented as Milk but it is buildable. I still have to take care when applying it near the crease of my lids because this will crease (but not nearly to the degree as Milk). I only reach for this when I am wearing colors that I don't have a matching Paint Pot or other non-creasing cream shadow. If you are new to makeup or you don't already have a large collection of cream shadows I would recommend this. It is a great way to get extra depth out of shadows with out having to invest in several Paint Pots or MUFE Aqua Creams.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ChelseaBiatch

I like this eyeshadow base. I originally got it as a Christmas gift in the pearl color in 2010, and now in April 2012 after everyday use have finally run out. This time I bought the white just to see how it was in comparison to the pearl. I have to say I like both although I felt like the pearl might have grabbed color a little better. This product does not completely prevent creasing, that's why I give it a 4. I think for the price (I paid like $6.20 on Amazon) it is definitely worth it.