September 19, 2014 | 1254 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I think the idea is great - lipstick that lasts all day - but this doesn't work all that well for me. I followed the directions exactly and still was disappointed.

Good color payoff, but within an hour or two (sometimes less, if I have coffee or another drink) the lipcolor peels, flakes and cracks. The topcoat just feels oily to me and migrates to the corners of my lips.

Aside from the product not working all that well for me, I also have a rough time finding colors from any of CG's lines that aren't garish on me - their colors tend to be almost too cool. And given the fact that it's hard to try them in the drugstore, well, it doesn't do so well.

I think Revlon's Colorstay line works a lot better, and their shades are a lot better, IMO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i used this a couple years ago. and i'll admit that maybe i applied it wrong, or there was something i missed.

but i put on a thin layer and let it dry and then put on the clear gloss type stuff that goes on after the color.

my lips were soooo dry and peely unless i applied the clear gloss over and over and over. and if i'd wanted to reapply something i wouldnt have gotten a long-lasting formula!

would def NOT rebuy! color selection was good, but it was too uncomfortable and after it started peeling it looks like crap :(

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by lucretiabrgia

This product is a reason of me starting to change my faith in Paula Begoun's advice. I bought it at Paula's recommendation and could not believe the poor outcome.

Agree with a previous reviewer: it feels dry and flaky and the moisturizing gloss does not last long - you get that dry flaky feeling again - and then it peels off. And who needs the trouble of having to reapply the gloss - then it is easier to reapply the lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by fiberartist219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how it stays on, doesn't smudge, and makes my lips look very neat and pretty.

I don't like how it flakes, having two tubes, and how it cracks by the end of the day.

Overall, I like it better than traditional lipstick that smudges, but it could be better.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Mihko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product and I have also never been so disappointed by a product. Dry and flaky, it was so gross I ended up getting chap lips the next day. It just sucked out the moisture from my lips. I refuse to even try other Cover Girl lipsticks now, afraid they will do the same thing. Overpriced since it is garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, but only in Forever Fawn which is a pink/nude color. The other colors are either to metalic or get to bold as they dry. If you apply a light amount it will last most part of the day. I use to work in outdoor maintance worker and felt pretty most of the day. Also if you use a waxer lip balm it won't fade off & will keep the lips moist.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by pharmerjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is so seducing in the commercials. Who could ever imagine a lipstick that stays on for long periods of time! Wow.
What a HUGE disappointment. This product dries up like I just applied that chocolate shell over ice cream. It is like glue at first, my lips stuck together. Then it starts to bundle up in little boogers and flakes off. Disgusting. I cant believe I wasted $7 on this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like most of the colors i have tried, and it stays on alot longer than most other lipsticks so it wins on that front, it does dry out your lips especially if you dont use the included gloss enough and some shades are way too dark and dont look good on all people

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is so gross. It feels dry and flakey and the moisturizing gloss lasts about 2 minutes before you have that dry flakey feeling again. The color fades out in the center of your lips first and then sort of peels off in flakes. Maybe my lips are just too dry, or I'm a lip licker, I don't know but this was a huge fail for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by twistupgal

I bought the number 535, I believe it's called wine to five or something along those lines. Personally, I love the color with my dark auburn hair. It's bold enough to the point where you can tell I've applied something, but not garish and TOTALLY screaming obvious. Unlike most of the other reviewers, I had no problems with the flaking. It can be a bit drying, but that goes hand in hand with long wearing lip color. I'm not the biggest fan of the top gloss because it feels a little bit on the greasy side to me. I just use my own chapstick and I'm good to go. I wouldn't say that the color lasts 16 hours, but at least though an 8 hour shift at work as long as I keep putting chapstick over it. All in all, the color is gorgeous, and it does stay put!