April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Crème - Illuminare - Extra Coverage Foundation/ Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by bizzietue

I really liked the coverage of this in the winter months when applied with their "fast application" pad. Covers well and is good for covering those dark undereye circles. However, I quit using it in the summer months as it would melt right off my face. I switched to their Ultimate All Day formula then.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2008 5:21:00 PM More reviews by tessadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this as a foundation and I did not like it, it was way too greasy for me. I don't even have oily skin but this turned into a greasy mess on my skin. I used it a bunch of different ways too, I tried using less moisturizer then usual, still greasy I even tried using no mousturizer at all, same result. So now I use it as a concelear (so it wasn't a complete waste of money) and it's decent but not the best. I wouldn't buy this again because there are way better concelears out there. Back to my Merle Norman powder foundation which is quickly becoming my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by longhairdreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this as many others in a trial pack.I actually really like all three formula's.But extra coverage is perfect for my skin.Its just matte enough to keep my skin from turning into an oil slick.Plus it really covers.I only use this as a concealer but it also works great as a foundation if applied correctly.I like to mix it half and half with monistat anti chafing gel.I then apply it with my bare minerals extra coverage concealer brush for pimples and underneath the eye.And I use the same mix and apply it with my bare minerals feather light brush(which seems to be very similar to MAC's 187) to other areas or for all over coverage.When other reviewers said you only need a tiny amount I was skeptical.But now that I've got my application down I understand.If you try to put too much on it will look masky and way too thick.It takes a very small amount and a light hand.This is by far the best foundation concealer I have tried.Its HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2008 5:52:00 AM More reviews by spicyluck

It is a mineral foundation... better than the ones heavily advertised and of better quality. It does not cause any breakouts at all...its is probably one of the cleanest make-up products out there, meaning that it has no harsh chemicals, dyes, allergenics or pore-clogging stuff. Its is really pure heaven, plus UVA/UVB protection. A little goes a long way and it feels light on skin. After a few minutes after my application, it feels like its part of my skin and the beauty of the coverage is still there... the slight texture you feel during the application goes away without leaving any kind of makeup lines/smears or anything.

It does not change color after a while and that seems to be the problem with many products out there but this one looks nice even in indoor lighting. The coverage lasts a long time and I really don't reapply, only at night if im out after I've been wearing it all day.
Another amazing thing about it: NO Shine, at the end of the day you won't feel oily at all.

I apply moisturizer then a little dab covers my whole face (two dabs for parties). I use portofino porcelain (always stick to the lightest shade if you can't find your matching one). If you have dry skin wear moisturizer before applying it and then just dab moistuizer over the rough patches afterwards and problem fixed (Olay Complete, all-day moistuzer is great if you can't find one, its not greasy and light too) .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by phan22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've been using this for maybe a month now and i'm not sure if i really like it. pros: doesn't make me break out, easy to travel with, nice semi-matte finish, good coverage. cons: accentuates every flake and dry spot- need to exfoliate and moisturize very well, doesn't cover dry blemishes well, sometimes a little hard to blend. Another thing is, i'm oily so i got oc eight mattifying gel to use under foundation, but because of the excessive blending required to make this foundation look good, the mattifying gel just ends up getting wiped off, so i had to take it out of my routine. for extra oil control, you do need to top this with some powder. i'm a fair asian, and i use portofino porcelain, which is fine but if i don't use bronzer, i look a little pale. florentine was too dark/orange on me.

active ingred: zinc oxide 5%, titanium dioxide 4.4.%
ingred: deionized water, c-12-15 alkyl benzoate, iron oxides, styrene/acrylates copolymer, glycerin, cetyl dimethicone, cetyl dimethicome copolyol, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, magnesium sulfate, panthenol, benzalkonium chloride.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by reneeschex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had such high hopes for this foundation. I use LM Mineral Powder and had good luck with it. Some days I want a little more coverage, so I read the reviews and purchased the trial sizes. I have worn this for 3 days and have had itchy skin and raised white bumps all over my cheek area. I must be allergic to something in it. No huge pimples; just bumps. Not good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by digxmexnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

((Before and After shot in my pictures))

I have oily, acne-prone skin and have been looking for a foundation that has good, natural-looking coverage that stands up to oil.

This foundation is near-perfect.

It is thick, but easy to blend without looking painted on. It is very good at neutralizing redness, It has built-in moisturizer. It's SPF 21. It hasn't broken me out.

My favorite thing is that it stands up to oil very well - you can go all day without getting shiny or the makeup clumping in problem areas.

My only complaint is that it isn't too good at concealing drier acne on my fair skin. It is very difficult to find a concealer or foundation for fair skin that completely covers spots.

Overall, this is a marvelous make-up for people who don't have severely problematic skin. It is definitely the best mineral make up out there right now as far as coverage and staying power.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Moonridge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, and this is the only product that I have tried, that actually lasts! Most foundations melt off within an hour. This is very blendable and you can use it as thin (or thick) as you like. It also works as a concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by faramita

I ordered the sample pack with 3 types of Illuminare foundation, each type with 3 colors. The color is difficult to match. Porcelain is too pale and Florentine Fair is darker than my skin. The texture is very thick and dry, making it difficult to apply and mask like. The coverage is good. This product can be used as concealer, but as a foundation, it is a nightmare.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 12:29:00 AM More reviews by orthoRN

I've used this for several months straight now, and had used it on and off before that for probably two years. I didn't have the right application down initially so it took me until recently to rediscover this and decide for sure that I love it. The biggest tip I can offer is that for me anyway, using a foundation brush makes a world of difference. I had never used one before, but at a salon where I had a color matching done with Illuminare, she used a fndtn brush and I was like, "wow, so that's how it's supposed to look!". I apply light moisture/sunscreen, let it soak in, then use the foundation brush to work a very small dab of foundation into my face in sections, like forehead, then cheeks, etc. This covers a lot of redness, acne spots, and does a very good job at masking my fairly severe hyperpigmentation (a little souvineer from my last pregnancy). it has a creamy looking finish. I like the tube, too.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No