Lancome genefique

3.0

Aqua/ Water/Eau, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Adenosine, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Salicyloyl Phytosphingosine, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Limonene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Parfum/Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate.

on 11/15/2011 4:35:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample of this as a Sephora perk. When I first got it, I really liked it. My skin was glowing and just looked in better condition, overall. After using it nightly for about two weeks, my skin went bonkers and I developed two big cystic pimples- ( I never have had these before). This was the only thing I had added to my skin care that was different- so I'm thinking it was from that. I stopped using it and the acne went away. I may try using it again, after reading here I see that there may be some type of purging going on.

on 10/19/2011 4:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There's no arguing that this is a very expensive product. It's kind of like a skin booster. After continued use I noticed my skin was more radiant and even toned. It just looked better. When I stopped using it though, my skin stopped being radiant etc. I use different products but this one was pretty good. I don't like the applicator ampoule. It doesn't distribute much product and as someone pointed out, it doesn't help to push air into the formula as I'm sure that compromises it. I've tried better serums to be honest.

on 10/19/2011 4:31:00 PM

I have never written a review for makeup, ever, but I have to write about this product because of the horrible experience I had. I have combination/oily skin and have never considered my skin to be sensitive. I got Genefique as a 7 day sample from Ulta and tried it on for 2 days. First day was fine Ė no major difference but I figure it takes a few applications. Then by day 2, I started having these white bumps under my chin and my face felt warm. I immediately stopped and put nothing on my face that night. By day 3, my face was pink and poufy and the white bumps moved up to my forehead as well. Like I said, I had never been allergic to any face products before so I didnít know what to think of it. I went to the doctor and he gave me some antihistamine and hydrocortisone. Itís gotten better but never again will I buy anything from Lancome after this scare.

on 9/25/2011 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have bought the 50 ml size this spring after recommendation from a sales lady from Sephora. I normally don't use Lancome products, but I must say that you see the effect that the serum has on your skin when you don't use it anymore. At first it broke me out and I noticed smalll wrinkles on my cheeks. I stopped using it and I tried again after a few days because the bottle is too expensive to keep unused. Now, I use it only at night and my skin looks more clear, less red and freckels are faded, also the dehydration wrinkles on my cheeks disappeared again. I think it has some whitening stuff in it. After the first week it did not break me out anymore, now I use it once a day and I really see the difference if I stop using it (didn't take it with me on holiday). I will buy again, just for the brightness of my skin.

on 8/13/2011 5:44:00 AM

I bought this and it broke me out. Plus, I finish the jar with no better results. A drug store product is even better than this. Don"t waste your money for this- NOT WORTH IT.

on 7/29/2011 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Quite an overpriced, overhyped, over-everything product.
Why the cynic in me?

Because...
1. nothing about the skin can reverse or prevent aging. The best way to prevent aging is to use a good sunblock. Sundamage lasts forever, and no DNA altering product/serum is capable of reversing this change.

2. I can't overly express how annoying an ampoule like product is - Pumping in air in and out into the serum can't be good for longevity to the product. Additionally, there's always that 3-5% product left at the bottom of the bottle which you can never extract out using an ampoule.

3. Over priced hyaluronic acid that plumps up your crevices and gaps. Nothing scientific about the ingredients.

BUT, the good point is that by applying something which you think is anti-aging, actually offers you a placebo belief that you're doing something to prevent the wrinkles. Whether it works is another story...

on 7/27/2011 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well it either works for you or not.My sensitive rosacea skin says no.Broke me out overnight .BAD.Took me a week to clear up mess.Gave it to my step MOM.I suggest you get a sample from the counter 1st,see if its OK for your skin.

on 7/27/2011 6:43:00 AM

I have never written a review but I HAVE TO write one on this product. I bought this Genefique Concentrate and also received the sample eye cream after viewing some incredible reviews online. So, 1st night, after applying, i begin to have tiny red acne like bumps on my face. Next morning, after applying, my face is red with acne and my eyes are swollen. I called up the counter and she told me that my skin is purging. I told her I'm having reactions to it and I insisted on returning it. She said OK. So, I went to the counter on the 3rd day. Counter girl did not even take a second look at my face. Instead, she took the bottle and tilted it to check how much product is left in it! My God!! Okay, back to the review. My eyes are swollen BAD, red acne-like rashes all over my face, unbearable itching on face and eyelids, face felt swollen. Washing my face stings so much especially the eye area. Now it's been over a week. Eyes still swollen. Rashes still there but not as bad (only because I applied rash cream). Without the rash cream, the rashes keep coming out. I develop white bumps under my skin at my chin area which alarms me. I feel that there's something (about 1.5 inch in size) in my cheeks right under my eyes. I don't know, maybe it's the silicone? My face still hurts and I am depressed! I totally regretted buying this product. I had an okay skin (with ocassional acne) before this but this product totally ruin my face. I don't want anyone to go through what I am going through. I am going to the doctor again today. I am praying that it gets better. Please please test a small area on your skin before you apply it to your face to make sure that there's no allergy reaction.

on 6/12/2011 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing! I'm 43. I tried the 7 day sample and within a few days my skin looked more even toned, plumper and glowing. Now 6 months later I've gotten around to buying the medium sized bottle and once again after just a few days the same amazing results, my skin is looking so much better. Reduction in the dark areas and fine lines.

on 5/30/2011 12:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got the eye cream and serum together for $80 something a few months back. Most I have ever spent on skin care, which is silly, since I do not mind spending on make up. Skincare though really is the foundation of everything else. Anyhow, I do not use eyecreams often, so i cannot comment how good it is in comparison to other creams but i do like this one. I do not have any real concerns in the under eye area other than it is a little dry (no dark circles, no wrinkles, yet!) In any case, it absorbs well and feels smooth and i feel I am doing my part to ward off dreaded crows feet. As for the serum, I enjoy putting it on and again I feel I am doing my part to "ward off" future aging, but to be perfectly honest, i have no clue if it is doing anything. Maybe I would have to stop to see a difference. I would not re purchase the serum based on what i have seen so far. It is good, and my skin looks good, but for the price, I don't think it is doing anything that wows me worth the price.

Popular Treatments (Face)