November 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lancome - genefique

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by dubaibeilove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and it broke me out. Plus, I finish the jar with no better results. A drug store product is even better than this. Don"t waste your money for this- NOT WORTH IT.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Quite an overpriced, overhyped, over-everything product.
Why the cynic in me?

Because...
1. nothing about the skin can reverse or prevent aging. The best way to prevent aging is to use a good sunblock. Sundamage lasts forever, and no DNA altering product/serum is capable of reversing this change.

2. I can't overly express how annoying an ampoule like product is - Pumping in air in and out into the serum can't be good for longevity to the product. Additionally, there's always that 3-5% product left at the bottom of the bottle which you can never extract out using an ampoule.

3. Over priced hyaluronic acid that plumps up your crevices and gaps. Nothing scientific about the ingredients.

BUT, the good point is that by applying something which you think is anti-aging, actually offers you a placebo belief that you're doing something to prevent the wrinkles. Whether it works is another story...

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by ladlaw

Well it either works for you or not.My sensitive rosacea skin says no.Broke me out overnight .BAD.Took me a week to clear up mess.Gave it to my step MOM.I suggest you get a sample from the counter 1st,see if its OK for your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:43:00 AM More reviews by jessmill

I have never written a review but I HAVE TO write one on this product. I bought this Genefique Concentrate and also received the sample eye cream after viewing some incredible reviews online. So, 1st night, after applying, i begin to have tiny red acne like bumps on my face. Next morning, after applying, my face is red with acne and my eyes are swollen. I called up the counter and she told me that my skin is purging. I told her I'm having reactions to it and I insisted on returning it. She said OK. So, I went to the counter on the 3rd day. Counter girl did not even take a second look at my face. Instead, she took the bottle and tilted it to check how much product is left in it! My God!! Okay, back to the review. My eyes are swollen BAD, red acne-like rashes all over my face, unbearable itching on face and eyelids, face felt swollen. Washing my face stings so much especially the eye area. Now it's been over a week. Eyes still swollen. Rashes still there but not as bad (only because I applied rash cream). Without the rash cream, the rashes keep coming out. I develop white bumps under my skin at my chin area which alarms me. I feel that there's something (about 1.5 inch in size) in my cheeks right under my eyes. I don't know, maybe it's the silicone? My face still hurts and I am depressed! I totally regretted buying this product. I had an okay skin (with ocassional acne) before this but this product totally ruin my face. I don't want anyone to go through what I am going through. I am going to the doctor again today. I am praying that it gets better. Please please test a small area on your skin before you apply it to your face to make sure that there's no allergy reaction.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by silyrabbit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing! I'm 43. I tried the 7 day sample and within a few days my skin looked more even toned, plumper and glowing. Now 6 months later I've gotten around to buying the medium sized bottle and once again after just a few days the same amazing results, my skin is looking so much better. Reduction in the dark areas and fine lines.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I got the eye cream and serum together for $80 something a few months back. Most I have ever spent on skin care, which is silly, since I do not mind spending on make up. Skincare though really is the foundation of everything else. Anyhow, I do not use eyecreams often, so i cannot comment how good it is in comparison to other creams but i do like this one. I do not have any real concerns in the under eye area other than it is a little dry (no dark circles, no wrinkles, yet!) In any case, it absorbs well and feels smooth and i feel I am doing my part to ward off dreaded crows feet. As for the serum, I enjoy putting it on and again I feel I am doing my part to "ward off" future aging, but to be perfectly honest, i have no clue if it is doing anything. Maybe I would have to stop to see a difference. I would not re purchase the serum based on what i have seen so far. It is good, and my skin looks good, but for the price, I don't think it is doing anything that wows me worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Xephorajunkie

I bought this product and it really made my skin feel really fresh and smooth. However, I felt like the price wasn't worth it because it wasn't a treatment but more of a product that you would have to continually buy in order to have your skin feel that way on a consistent basis. I think I might try the Perricone MD for actual treatment. =D

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ginny133

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really gave it a a try but it didn't work for me. I bought it twice and returned them twice, finally giving up. My mom has been using it for a while and one day I saw her and was amazed by her glowing complexion, which she contributed to Genefique. I then ran over to the store and got the 1oz bottle at an exorbitant price at $78!!! Faithfully trying for bout 5 days and nothing, it did absolutely nothing for me besides my face looked smooth and snow white for like 5 minutes after I put it on. And that was about it. I didn't get the glow that I wanted it. I guess it might work wonderfully for others (such as my mom) but unfortunately not on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by blissliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have no idea why this concentrate is so expensive! didn't do much on my skin. stil dull. i paid S$200 for this concentrate and the eye cream. both didnt do much. money down the drain. blarggghh! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by princess101

Let me start by saying that I did not purchase this but received a few of the 7-day supply from a MUA friend, in addition to a few mini bottles that are meant for GWP to test out.

I do believe this product does as it claims, as I've found after 6 weeks of twice-daily use, that my skintone and texture have improved. My skin appears more plump (as in full of moisture), and my pores are less prominent. I don't have terrible skin to begin with, but this has made it appear like a more "fresh" version of my skin---healthy and glowy. It did not make my combo/oily skin any greasier, nor did it break me out or cause any irritation.

I don't know if this warrants such a high price tag, as I'm sure there are other products out there that would provide a similar effect. I have since purchased L'oreal Youth Code Serum to test and will update my review accordingly.