February 28, 2015 | 1956 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Stain

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by suzen2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did like this at first, for its staining power (mine was a bright red), but that was all I liked about it. In less than an hour my lips were so dry! When that happened, I put on Chapstick to see how long the color would last. I don't know if this thing is stealing moisture from my lips, but as others have stated I have put only as much as I need and still the pigment comes off easily. The color lasts around 2 or 3 hours, not very long for something that is supposed to stain your lips. So I am disappointed and would not buy again.

Other: It was only $2 and the packaging was decent for a lip stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by freyaluna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got my ELF lip stain in Lucky Lady, and the color suits me perfectly. At first it took some adjustment to the quick-dry formula, but after a bit of practice, I was able to figure out the best way to wear it for myself (building color in thin layers, letting each layer dry between applications, then swiping the gloss on).

It stayed on during a meal and a snack, plus a cup of hot tea. I also like how easy this is to remove with an oil-based make-up remover. Most of all, I really love the color -- it makes me look 10 years younger and more fresh-faced. I'm definitely buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by malonb

Pros:
-VERY pigmented. you only need a little dab to cover the whole lip with awesome color. maybe others are using too much so it takes forever to dry(if ever)?
-long lasting(for me it's been lasting 3+ hrs so far and longer than that wouldn't surprise me) if you're not 'using' your lips. i tried this at work, i was not eating nor talking all day. this was using both tint and gloss.
-smooth application
-gloss is VERY moisturizing and gives a kissable look(via my fiance lol).

Cons:
-NOT a stain so it WILL rub off! whether it's while you eat or if you talk a lot(lol) i can imagine it wearing off quicker.
-because of this, the gloss is bound to end up looking like a pink goo of a gloss eventually. can't avoid it.
-DRYING if you don't use the gloss. i haven't tried it like this all day(i'm not really into mat lips) but i've gone without for about an hour. i can see how it would dry out your lips if you go like this all day. even if you don't use the gloss, i suggest you use some other moisturizing product on top.

overall i love this product. i got it in fashionista. i gave it a 4(i would give it 4.5. i personally love it) because it isn't a stain. i also wish it would stay on longer when used(like while eating and stuffs) but very few things do. i've only tried drugstore stains and all have come off/worn out. not to mention this doesn't leave the 'ring' around your lips(which i hate!). and for the price, this is awesome and makes your lips look VERY pretty. i want more in other colors.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am in love! That is all that I can say about this product. One side is a quick dry lip stain that is the most pigmented stain I have ever used. (I find lip stains from other brands lacking pigmentation, or coming our a tag bit too sheer and watery) This baby comes out whatever color you see on the tube. And the great part? It lasts so long! I did swatches of these at the back of my hand and it took ages to scrub off--which may be a bad thin for some but for a lip stain, it does mean STAIN. (not "tint"). The gloss side of this hook up, doesn't last as long as the stain but for me it's fine since I rarely use it on an everyday basis. A really good product considering it costs way less but out -performs other products that cost way more. Would definitely buy more backups and more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by wynterxhale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in First Date and I really like it. The color goes on very nicely, the only down side would be the fact that it is quite drying(which I fix by pitting on a good clear gloss on top)It lasts about 2-3 hours, which is fine for me. Now the gloss I hate, it feels greasy as heck and it wipes of the lip stain. I just use the gloss side when I want to take the stain off. I would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hated this. The color selection is nice (i have the one is Birthday suit) but the stain is just soooo drying. The funny thing is it doesn't dry completely so even if you wait 10 minutes with applying the gloss the color is still going to come off (and stain the gloss applicator). The gloss is a bit greasy but I quite like it. Oh, also the smell of the stain is really gross, very strong and artificial.
I hated it so much I never wore it outside but I don't think the lasting power is all that great, perhaps two or three hours. Probably longer if you don't layer the gloss over it but I doubt that's even possible, it's just too drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Nextdoorhottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchase the E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain in Birthday Suit. It's a gorgeous bubblegum pink shade! Its opaque and affordable. What I didn't like was the wear time (less than about an hour), the clear lip gloss end (sticky), and the packaging (product seeped through and got my makeup bag sticky =( )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I brought the shade First Date (reddish coral). The formula of the stain is very drying on the lips and will "cling" to dry patches. I tend to apply lip-balms before applying lip stains but it kind of defeats the purpose since it doesn't adhere as well. After applying the first layer it took what felt like forever to dry. Once it did, I followed up on the gloss and it wasn't so bad since the formula is not as sticky as I thought it would be. As a stain, they are horrible. I applied to bare lips and went to take a drink. The stain smudged all over the glass and came off. However, it does leave a noticeable red tint once you remove it all off. Don't recommend because this lip-stain is not long lasting. (unless you like reapplying constantly).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jellybaby21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this, due to the price and the colour range. Unfortunately, it simply isn't long lasting, with or without the gloss. I bought bombshell (which does not suit my pale complextion) and would have bought lots of other shades if I had been suitably impessed. I have other ordinary lipsticks that last longer. If you want a long lasting lipstick, don't buy this. The benefits are it is not drying and both the gloss and lipstain are creamy, but that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by dcampa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i rlly like this product! im surprised it has so many bad reviews. the gloss is cheap nd not very longlasting but the stain is good (a bit drying tho). i do hav to reapply midday. overall its a great basic stain nd the color birthday suit is absolutely beautiful!