October 1, 2014 | 1675 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Stain

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am in love! That is all that I can say about this product. One side is a quick dry lip stain that is the most pigmented stain I have ever used. (I find lip stains from other brands lacking pigmentation, or coming our a tag bit too sheer and watery) This baby comes out whatever color you see on the tube. And the great part? It lasts so long! I did swatches of these at the back of my hand and it took ages to scrub off--which may be a bad thin for some but for a lip stain, it does mean STAIN. (not "tint"). The gloss side of this hook up, doesn't last as long as the stain but for me it's fine since I rarely use it on an everyday basis. A really good product considering it costs way less but out -performs other products that cost way more. Would definitely buy more backups and more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by wynterxhale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in First Date and I really like it. The color goes on very nicely, the only down side would be the fact that it is quite drying(which I fix by pitting on a good clear gloss on top)It lasts about 2-3 hours, which is fine for me. Now the gloss I hate, it feels greasy as heck and it wipes of the lip stain. I just use the gloss side when I want to take the stain off. I would definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I hated this. The color selection is nice (i have the one is Birthday suit) but the stain is just soooo drying. The funny thing is it doesn't dry completely so even if you wait 10 minutes with applying the gloss the color is still going to come off (and stain the gloss applicator). The gloss is a bit greasy but I quite like it. Oh, also the smell of the stain is really gross, very strong and artificial.
I hated it so much I never wore it outside but I don't think the lasting power is all that great, perhaps two or three hours. Probably longer if you don't layer the gloss over it but I doubt that's even possible, it's just too drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Nextdoorhottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchase the E.L.F. Studio Lip Stain in Birthday Suit. It's a gorgeous bubblegum pink shade! Its opaque and affordable. What I didn't like was the wear time (less than about an hour), the clear lip gloss end (sticky), and the packaging (product seeped through and got my makeup bag sticky =( )

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I brought the shade First Date (reddish coral). The formula of the stain is very drying on the lips and will "cling" to dry patches. I tend to apply lip-balms before applying lip stains but it kind of defeats the purpose since it doesn't adhere as well. After applying the first layer it took what felt like forever to dry. Once it did, I followed up on the gloss and it wasn't so bad since the formula is not as sticky as I thought it would be. As a stain, they are horrible. I applied to bare lips and went to take a drink. The stain smudged all over the glass and came off. However, it does leave a noticeable red tint once you remove it all off. Don't recommend because this lip-stain is not long lasting. (unless you like reapplying constantly).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jellybaby21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this, due to the price and the colour range. Unfortunately, it simply isn't long lasting, with or without the gloss. I bought bombshell (which does not suit my pale complextion) and would have bought lots of other shades if I had been suitably impessed. I have other ordinary lipsticks that last longer. If you want a long lasting lipstick, don't buy this. The benefits are it is not drying and both the gloss and lipstain are creamy, but that's about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by dcampa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i rlly like this product! im surprised it has so many bad reviews. the gloss is cheap nd not very longlasting but the stain is good (a bit drying tho). i do hav to reapply midday. overall its a great basic stain nd the color birthday suit is absolutely beautiful!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by CrystalAdara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product misrepresents itself calling itself a lipstain when in reality it is nothing more than a disappearing lipstick. I purchased this in Fashionista and when I applied it to my lips I fell in love with the bright pink color. I waited a good three minutes before applying the gloss over the stain and even then the lipstain transferred onto the wand of the gloss and it didn't last on my lips for two hours it was that bad. It transferred to my water bottle like crazy! I tried wearing it matte without the gloss and while it stayed on my lips longer and had less transfer than when wearing it with the gloss, it still didn't last long and was easy to rub off. It was cheap, but I still expected a little better from something that calls it self a lipstain...Let's just say I will not be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by malston81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got Birthday Suit from target because it was only a $1 and the color looked so cute but when I tried it, it just wasn't working for me. It reminded me of the NYX soft matte lip stuff (which I didn't like either). I guess since its a lip stain it doesn't give much color pay off & the clear gloss didn't do much either. Not impressed!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by RosieMiranda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this product when i was out and about and got a last minute date. I love E.L.F. so i went over and picked this up. Knowing how stains work, i got a lip liner too. The lip gloss didn't stay on too long, but the color lasted through dinner and a goodnight kiss :)