December 17, 2014 | 1706 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by SleepingGypsy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst primer I've ever gotten, The consistency looks old, it goes on your face and like flakes off. It's hard to explain but it doesn't do anything. I'm super disappointed in this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have only used 2 other primers before this one, but it has been my favorite one so far. I received a mini size primer with the Girl Next Door boxed kit. It has a very silicon, silky consistency, which I like. My foundations go over really smooth and it fills in a scar or two I have on my face so my foundation looks flawless. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by AnzisAmazing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy came out with an ultra light version of this primer, but I can't find reviews for that one so I'll post about the one I have here.
Well, first off I absolutely love hard candy products. I love the quality, the price, the creativity, and the super cutesy packaging. Im so glad I discovered this brand a few months back.
But back to this primer.. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I'll start with what I like cause the benefits are a huge plus for me.
It blurs imperfections in a way that BLOWS MY MIND! Its almost as if I put a soft focus effect on my face. It really blurs the appearance of pores and fine lines.
I like the way it applies. I find application silky (not greasy) and also finishes very smooth on my skin. It also makes the application of foundation easier to blend. But then.. Its all down hill :(
It comes out clumpy, which is a little off putting, but not a deal breaker for me personally...
It makes me oily fairly quickly, and I find that instead of making my foundation last longer as a primer should, I have to touch it up after about an hour or 2, and continue to use my oil blotting sheets, and setting powder more through out the day.
I now use it very, very sparingly on the areas I need it most like under my eyes and between my brows. Overall a decent product for the price.. Just needs to be slightly tweeked.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by countdrunkula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in a package that contained Doll Face, the bronzer and Sheer Envy. Really surprised at how much I love this primer. I've only tried a couple of others and they did not work this well. It leaves my face silky all day and my makeup stays put. Will purchase again this time in the larger tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by thegirlwiththeredpurse

This primer is really great! It gives me a smooth, silky canvas for my foundation. It comes it a nice white squeeze tube with cute black designs on it, very reminiscent of Urban Decay products. I love the squeeze tube because you can get every last drop of product. The primer itself is a silicony white gel. It reminds me of coconut for some reason. It goes on clear and adds a bit of moisture to skin so I think this is ideal for dry skin. Overall, this is a very nice primer perfect for dry skin. But STAY AWAY if your skin is sensitive to silicone! It may break you out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this primer! This comes in a little squeeze tube and makes it easy to get as little or as much as you need. This is a clear gel and goes on smoothly and feels silky when you put it on. It seems to have a little oil to give it that silky feel but it absorbs and this gives my skin a wonderful finish for foundation. It does not take very much product to cover my face. After using this it seems to take much less foundation to cover my face and that is another bonus. I have gone through 4 tubes of this primer and now it is hard to find if not impossible to find. I have tried Smashbox, Urban Decay, and numerous drugstore primers and this is still my favorite one. You can't beat this one for the low price point either.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

As of right now, I really like this primer. It's perfect for summer, when the thought of wearing and sweating off foundation makes me cringe. I just use a moisturizer, this, and top it off with pressed powder. The primer is very siliconey and smooth, which is what I wanted. It goes on nicely, but don't use too much, or it'll kind of slide all over your face. You also have to let it sit for a second before applying powder or it'll slide. But other than that, I like it. It's nice and light, and (fingers crossed) I haven't had any breakouts from it yet. Hoping I continue to see these results because I don't wanna spend 20 bucks on too faced's primer again!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by karebeaarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely loved this product for the first couple of days. I was oil free for practically the entire day 8am - 8pm and by 8pm I was JUST starting to see only a tiny bit of shine. But after a few days of using this, I started to break out! Little tiny bumps were appearing everywhere on my face. The packaging is okay, if you're not careful too much can come out and you have to shake the bottle very well or else the product will come out as pretty much just water and grease. I would not buy this again because it breaks me out, but if it didnt, I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by keilaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried to like this product for a while, but its just not doing it for me. I like the feeling of it when I apply it, but unfortunately this product has broken me out which is very rare. It's also runny. I'd rather spend the money on a high end one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by vanessamwong

Nice for smoothing out the skin. Not a bad price (approx $8 CAD) but I probably won't be buying again b/c I' on the lookout for mattifying primers and this isn't one. Still a very good product, give it a good shake before using, as others have said!:)