July 28, 2014 | 1760 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Carchidi23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great primer for big pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It makes my face silky smooth and really helps when putting my foundatio on for the day. You can throw this into your bag and go. :-) I like the tube because you can squeeze out as much as you need, and you only really need a little bit of it. The only down side was it is a little pricey!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Desireec727

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this about 2 weeks ago and I've hated it since the very beginning but thought maybe I was using it wrong so I decided to give it a chance. I used to use a primer by Urban Decay and I loved it but I decided to try something a bit more budget friendly. The first time I used the Hard Candy primer, I thought it'd work out very well. The consistency was a bit strange VERY GREASY. I know what a silicone base feels like but this is like applying olive oil to your face, but my makeup was rather smooth and nothing had gone dramatically wrong.By 10AM I was an oily slick. I had to blot my face several times that day when normally I only have to blot once or twice MAX. I went home and to my surprise, my makeup had literally slid off of my face. Umm, where the heck did it go?? I've never experienced that before (even without a primer) so OBVIOUSLY, I must have been the one messing this up. Over the next week and a half, I tried using it in different ways, not putting it on certain areas. Putting more on certain areas, Putting translucent powder over the primer before applying my makeup...nothing helped every day I looked like I rubbed fried chicken on my face and half of my makeup was gone. Now, this morning I wake up and I have a huge pimple between my eyebrows. This is the only thing I've changed in my regimen and ever since I started using ProActiv I've had pretty much no break outs. It has to be this primer. I threw it away and I will splurge and go back to Urban Decay. Desireesbeautyblog.Blogspot.com

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this primer. It definitely has a great silicone like texture and blends very easily. A little goes a long way. Make sure that you really shake up all of the product very well before you use it because it can really settle. The only downside to this stuff is that I think it's breaking me out. The only thing i've changed in my make up routine is this primer and I'm breaking out like crazy. I do think it could be because of hormonal issues haha because I really like this primer so I hope it's not the cause. Also, I have good skin and it's really not prone to breaking out at all. I use some pretty hard chemicals/products on my skin and the only thing that has given me cystic acne is Studio Fix Fluid. I will do an updated review in a week when my skin clears up and will try this again and see how it pans out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by bitisgabonica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff, it's a great product for the price. is it the best? no but it does it's job well, defiantly a fan of the constancy feels like nothing on your face, has a thin gel like texture.

pros - cheap, lots of product, good packaging, easily available.

cons - could have more staying power

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this primer. It actually feels how a primer is suppose to feel! So many drug store primers I have tried just feel like lotion and seem to do nothing for me at all. This is very smooth and silicone-y. It leaves your face feeling very soft and smooth and is perfect for applying any foundation over top. I can tell the difference in the way my makeup feels when I use this. Instead of being sticky it feels and looks smoother and less dry. I don't notice my makeup staying on any longer.. and I wish it covered my pores like others. Not perfect but good for $6 (at walmart) and its a nice size tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably the softest stuff I have ever felt. It feels so amazing, and you can barely feel it on your face. It glides on so easily, and leaves your skin sooo smooth. It keeps my makeup on a lot better and longer, and it makes my foundation look great upon application. And I'll say it again, it is so darn soft! Holy grail primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Syousef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was a little skeptical when I first bought this, but I feel like my foundation has been a mess lately and I was desperate. I am SO glad i bought this! I'm middle eastern (think tan) and while I don't have acne I have...I'm not sure maybe they're black heads? Either way they're awful and any foundation I use seems to emphasize them instead of mask them! So I put on this primer and it is so SOFT!!! So soft that I wasn't sure if I even had any product to rub onto my face. A little bit goes a long way so don't put too much!
I don't regret it because for the first time in a long while my foundation actually looked good on me! My blemishes were COVERED instead of exaggerated. I completely recommend this! It's on par with Urban decays face primer which is just as soft and actually doesn't help me as much as this did!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

My first primer I ever used and I am super happy with it. I knew foundation primer wasn't necessary so I never bother using one, but I was wrong. This primer made my foundation stay the whole day and it made my skin silky smooth after I put it on. My face doesn't look oily/greasy after the long day when I used primer. I used less foundation and it blended a bit more evenly and smoothly. I didn't have to wait before I put foundation and my face feels really light, as if, I don't have foundation on.

It does have a purple undertone to it, so I would shake the tube before using it. Also, when I accidentally missed a spot on my face, it looks spoty/patchy when I apply foundation. It does dry pretty fast so I have to work with a quick hand to cover my whole face.

I don't like using Hard Candy products, but for $8 at Walmart is inexpensive, also considering the fact you only need a small pea-sized amount, and it works great.
I probably will buy it again, but I would like to try different primers to compare it with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like this primer along with Revlon's PhotoReady Primer are the two best available at the drugstore for anyone with oily skin and visible pores. I received a small size of this in a Hard Candy gift set last Christmas (2011) and it sat for at least 6 months before I even tried it. After I did I was so surprised at how well I liked it and immediately ran out and purchased the full size at my local WalMart. You can't beat the price, $8 USD for a decent size squeeze tube of product. It's quite siliconey, so if you're sensitive to silicones this isn't the primer for you. Personally my skin tolerates silicones well, and I especially like primers like this one for blurring my jumbo pores.
When the weather changed this past fall though and got cooler, this primer started causing me flakies and I retired it for a while. It's still wintertime here but I recently got it back out anyway now that I'm using a different moisturizer and foundation (my daily moisturizer being Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream for Dry Skin) and it no longer gives me the "dehydrated skin look" (yay!)
It is a bit "wet" feeling (if that makes sense?) -If you apply more than a pea size amount you'll need to wait 10 minutes or so for it to sink in. It also can separate a little bit in the bottle, which requires a little shake of the tube before each use after you have it for a while, but that's no biggie in my eyes for a product that performs well :)
And this is another one of those primers that's ideal for use OVER makeup as well as under, and can also be worn alone. If your pores are jumbo like mine and you don't want them to be visible but don't have time or need to wear any other makeup, just apply a little of this and go! &When I feel like my pores are looking extra large while I AM wearing makeup and I've already applied primer underneath, I'll just lightly dab a small amount of this over top of my foundation or powder, and it makes me poreless. Using under as well as over my makeup gives the best results (and I feel the same about the Revlon PhotoReady Primer I mentioned above)
Overall it's not THE most mattifying primer on the drugstore market (that award I feel would go to Black Radiance's Complexion Perfecting Primer) -but that primer does nothing for my pore size. So I typically end up pairing two together - one for mattifying my oilies, and another for blurring my pore size and this method works well for me :)
I think this is a steal for the super inexpensive pricetag, and I do plan to repurchase :)