November 27, 2014 | 819 users online

Eye Shadow - Coastal Scents - 88 color matte palette

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by nicolex0x

Amazing value product!! Hugely recommended! I just wish it was a little bit better quality because the shadows are quite dusty and dry and alot of fall outs but for the price they are amazing.!
Perfect for a beginner :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by michelleannmarie

I have to say I am impressed by this palette I love Make Up Forever and of course MAC shadows I would not say that these shadows are on the same level but they are up there and for the cost you can't beat it! I use this w/the Urban Decay Primer and it stays on now that I have these shadows I dont see myself spending money on MAC or MUF unless its an color I have to have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by musicianbeautician12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this palette!! Got it for Xmas and I'm just starting to wear colors that aren't brown or
white/cream so this is good. I wear it w/out a primer and it lasts thru the school day and 'til I wash my face before going to bed. The white is a nice highlight and I like the shimmery ocean blue for parties. I mostly wear light, blendable colors for school and like occasions and more obvious colors for special occasions. My mom is going to purchase one ASAP. I have dropped it a few times and none have cracked so I was happy about that. The only con is that a few colors have more fallouts than others.Overall, I would buy again and like the colors for experimenting and everyday wear. May purchase others so be on the lookout for more reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by missty86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this off ebay instead of coastal scents because it was almost half the price on ebay. I LOVE IT. i loveee all the colors, it's soo pigmented. i use the neutral colors the most because its good for everyday look. the greens, blues and silvers are very nice too. this is a must have kit for everyone because of the variety of colors and the cheap price. it can range anywehre from 12-25 dollars dependin on which site you buy it from

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by tashraf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a best 18 dollars that I've ever spent! I bought it from Amazon and it came in perfect condition. I LOVE having all these colors! Though I wish it had more purple shades (as I think I look good in purple colors). I would definitely buy it again, I think everyone should buy it too (wayyyy better than spending $30 or $40 on some UD palette where you get only a handful colors).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by briannebott

This is actually the best thing I've ever owned. I wear a lot of bright eyeshadow so I love having all of the colours. People are complaining that the colours are too bright/unwearable, then why would you buy it? You can clearly see that there are a lot of bright colours in this palette, if you only wear neutrals of course you shouldn't buy it! It's so cheap, lasts forever, and the shadows are actually a good quality. If you like bright eyeshadow and don't like to pay a million dollars for it, like me, then this is definitely the best thing for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by lesdesirables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I cannot believe that there is a product of such high quality for so cheap.
I almost hate to let the word get out because Coastal Scents can be charging $100 for this.
I, like most of you, am a makeup junkie. I love makeup. I love the packaging, the smells, the colors. But long ago, I decided to swear myself off of cheap drugstore brand eyeshadows. And every once in a while, I will fall off the wagon because I'm perusing the makeup aisle at Target and there will be some pretty Almay palette or Maybelline palette. And each time, it's confirmed. The cheap stuff is flaky, not vibrant, and ends up breaking and going in the trash. I like good deals but in my opinion it's more wasteful to spend $5 on a cheap eyeshadow that I won't use than it is to spend $30 on one that will stay in my vanity until its last day.

And this wonderful, handy palette is just as good as all of the urban decays, smashboxes, macs, and nars in my vanity. I love how there are so many colors that you can mix and match, but it holds up throughout the day. This was the only eyeshadow palette I brought on my honeymoon this year and it served me well. Love this and am just hoping that CS doesn't get wise and hike up the price knowing that I'd pay triple for it! SHHHHH

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by smartmakeupshopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although this palette does offer 88 different colors (most matte, some satiny), many of them are similar to one another and since I wouldn't normally wear bright green, red, yellow, or turquiose, I ended up not using about a third of the colors. The pigmentation of these colors are only worth your time if used over a primer or base. They neither look good nor last when they are alone.

Bottom line: I would only recommend this palette if you are new to makeup or if you'd like to have one palette with a thorough assortment of different colors to experiment with and don't want to spend too much money on single e/s or under 10-piece eyeshadow palettes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It took me a long time to decide how I would write this review... The reason is that this is indeed a good palette but imo it doesn't deserve to be so totally raved about. Yes, this is a decent palette, but no, it is not an absolute "you will die if you don't have this" item.

Pros:
- 88 colors so lots of shades to play with
- overall nice pigmentation
- with a base the staying power is very decent
- not all matte, some have a satin finish

Cons:
- Quite a few of the colors are (in my opinion) unwearable (I would never smear hot-red on my eyelids)
- The highlight shades have extremely poor pigmentation and do not show up on me at all
- some colors are chalky and many have fallout

Basically it's a decent palette but I wouldn't buy it again. I'm a fan of natural colors. This palette is nice to have for those days where I'm feeling funky and want some flashy color on my eyes. I would recommend it to people like me who don't often wear such bright colors but do want it around for special occasions. You'll have all the funky colors you ever need in decent quality for a very low price.
Other people I would recommend this to is people who are just getting started and want lots of color to play around with to find out what looks good on them.

You do get a good bang out of your buck but imo the colors I really like I will buy in better quality such as MAC or BB. It's a decent palette to have lying around but it is not a palette which deserves such godpraise and rave which is why I only give it 2 lippies. Also I feel I must point out that shops such as Claire's have very decent multi-color palettes too so it's not that this is the one and only cheap palette which offers a good bang for your buck.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by moongrrl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. You get 88 matte/satin eyeshadow colors, about the size of a dime for under $30. It has every color, but i found it lacked in purples. It's great to mix with the coastal scents ultra shimmer palette to create more depth. The palette it comes in is o.k. It's kind of large so its hard to take with you. So far none of the colors have broken and the company packed and shipped very fast. I'd recommend this palette to anyone that likes fun colored eyeshadows.