Hard Candy Plumping Serum Volumizing Lip Gloss

3.9

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Brought this a while ago, in clear (Not sure if clear had a actual name or not) Attracted to the cute packaging plus I really like Hard Candy products and never brought anything from them I didn't love... that was until I got this :/ This stuff stung/burned my lips every time I applied it! Its whatever the plumping chemical is, I suppose and it would burn for a couple of minutes too. After a few days of use the glued on top disconnected from the wand due to cheap glue. On the brighter side: It is thick/clingy a big plus for me, also it does work and makes for visibly plumper lips. Eventually got tired of the burning and the top popping of every time I used it so ended up throwing it away. No repurchase here :(
2 1/2 Lippies

on 5/7/2012 2:53:00 PM

I am not giving this a 5 only because it does not put out enough product for me on the wand without numerous applications. That said...I LOVE this gloss and find it almost as good as MAC Lipglass which is my all time favorite. It is a sticky gloss which i personally prefer because of it's staying power. I bought this in two shades: Nude Beach & Uptown Girl and will be going back for more! Highly recommend for those who love a tacky type gloss.

on 4/14/2012 1:47:00 PM

I am a lip gloss junkie and I really like this gloss. My favorite shade is Cake Walk which is a pale peachy pink with a little sparkle/shimmer in it. I feel like it does plump up the lips slightly due to what seems like a peppermint tingle. I also feel like it moisturizes. It is slightly sticky (my hair gets caught on it if its a windy day) and i have to reapply often, therefore I gave it 4 instead of 5. But overall i like it and will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

love it! fist app of the day and you feel it working but after that it just looks great feels great and smells awesome.
great bang for your wal mart buck.
good nutral little colour comitment perfect for understated look or on top of a lip stain

on 3/21/2012 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I picked two of these up (I am addicted to Hard Candy products lol) because I loved the colors and the shimmers in them. So when i got home, I applied one of them and I must say that the wand doesn't give you enough product, so I could barely see any gloss on my lips. I just wish it was more like the glossaholic glosses where you have this huge wand that gives you enough product to work with. Either that or it could come in a squeeze tube would be nice. The gloss itself is pretty, and you can feel a little sensation on your lips as it 'volumizes' your lips (not that I need any volumization on mine LOL).

on 3/7/2012 8:06:00 PM

I have the shade "Uptown Girl" which is a sheer, pale pink. I like the shade and would repurchase, except that the sting of the product far outlasts the color.

on 2/3/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

in #37 - Pink Lady

Light shimmery gloss - nothing special - no taste or smell - may be volumizing because it stings.

on 1/2/2012 6:11:00 PM

The packaging is nice, the formula is smooth. I have the shade "girl next door" pale sheer pink. It tingles on the lips but it really doesn't make lips appear fuller. The tube is chunky and feels like there's lots of product for the money however if you look at the end of the tube you will notice there's a lot of package and little product. I probably would purchase this again in a different shade, but there's a lot of glosses out there to try.

on 12/31/2011 3:06:00 PM

Love sticky gloss? GO BUY ONE OF THESE! I love Stila's and BE's Buxom glosses and plan on doing a B2M for a MAC gloss because I've read that they're so sticky. Love the tacky stuff, I know it's still there and love how it lasts. So here Hard Candy has given us a fabulous product at a fabulous price point! I have the shade "Short Circuit" - imagine hot pink minute glitters in a nude/apricot base! On the lips it's quite sheer but full of sparkle when the light falls on your lips. The scent is divine (vanilla cake-ish), I love the refreshing tingle and especially the big tube - It's adorable!. I wear this over liner (Jordana Coral Ice or Tawny depending on which shade I want to achieve) and over any lipstick except plum shades just on the lower lip - gorgeous and long-lasting. This is the kind of shade you could give to anyone and she'd totally love it. I will definitely be buying more of these!

on 12/27/2011 12:41:00 PM

i have this in clear because i like the natural color of my lips and i have to say that i absolutely love this gloss. i have naturally full lips, but this takes them to the next level. my boyfriend loves when i wear this, it's got a slight tingle and makes your lips sexy. it doesn't dry out my lips and seems to hold well :)
definitely will repurchase.