August 21, 2014 | 2093 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Pressed Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Jeffers38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went to the Laura Mercier counter to get a completely different product (metallic eye colour) but the make up artist was so personable I ended up with a makeover in which he used this foundation. I would never have imagined mineral foundation could be this good - I love it! It is pricey, the only downside, but for the lovely glow and buildable coverage it gives to my skin it's worth it. I bought warm chestnut and would recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by moole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This powder is a tricky one, I was looking for a mineral powder as I heard it's good for the skin and this one has SPF also.
Pros :
- SPF !!!
- You can build up coverage with it, I'd say from medium-sheer to full
- Less messy than the loose powder
- Matte finish if you count it as a pro
Cons :
- You will hate it if you don't find a way to apply it properly.
- Price if you count it as a con, but all Laura Mercier products are around 30 - 40 so it's fine.

So, the trick I think is to avoid the sponge, AT ALL COST. Oh gosh, when I tested it out at sephora it came on powdery, set on my lines and too heavy but I needed a full coverage so I didn't mind.
So anyway, the trick is :
- Use a big brush, throw the damn sponge away.
- Moisturize properly.
- Dab (no swirl) the product, then pad it on the face lightly and build up coverage if you need. It's way too easy to pick up too much.
So anyway, on days where I wear liquid foundation I use this powder to set it, just very lightly, and it works wonder, and on days where I don't, it's fine standing alone too.

The package is nice but I hate that sponge so only 4 for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by LolaNico

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I went to get this product I was actually going in to buy the Chanel foundation powder as my setting powder, but the lady who worked for Chanel went over to the LM side to show me this product. I fell in love with it immediately. This product is great! I can see all the negative comments, but I guess each skin is different. For me this product gives me a perfect natural finish, and it stays on all day. I use it with Laura Mercier's Tinted moisturizer. But Definitely try it. I don't get any unusual break outs than the normal one I get every once in a while. I think everyone should try it first before knocking if off. Every makeup product is different on each person. For example, people swear by the Mac studio fix, but the talc in it causes me to break out. Plus you can always return it if you don't like it. Makeup return and exchange policies are very lenient.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by VivaSue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

SO SAD! I have always had clear skin and this made me break out! I am still trying to get my skin back to what it used to. Throughout the day I smelled a strong metallic smell coming from the make-up reacting to the oils in my face. Made my skin extremely oily and the next day I totally broke out!

Horrible product, will never use again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This, for the past few months, has been my absolute favorite foundation ever. It's so simple to use, covers flaws almost magically, and the shade I use, Soft Porcelain, is almost dead on. It has a slight, but flattering, yellowish tint to it, but it's not as noticeable as the liquid foundations. It is my go to base now, and just gives me a flawless, natural finish. My face does start to shine around midday, but I have very oily skin, and nothing can suppress it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by NashvilleBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite, holy grail finishing/setting powder. Lovely finish. Matte without looking cakey. Perfect for any type of skin. I'm normal with a little oil in the Tzone. I wish the price were a little more reasonable, but I will continue to purchase none-the-less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by staci01

This past summer I went to Sephora in search of makeup application tips and wanted to try out all the Laura Mercier foundations. I talked to the SA about my frustration of having sensitive skin that breaks out easily and how I couldn't use chemical sunscreens. I also mentioned I was a loyal MAC StudioFix user for 11 years and she told me I should try Laura's mineral pressed powder. When she applied it to my face my skin looked great and didn't break out from it later in the day! It was a hit! After buying eveything the MA used on me I struggled to get the same look as when it was applied on my face at Sephora. Every time I've applied the powder it looked patchy and stuck to my skin like a suction cup which is great unless the foundation starts doing this halfway though application and won't blend. Even after applying moisturizer, and waiting ten minutes for it to sink in, this stuff still looked patchy. I thought of returning it but I kept working with it since it's just like StudioFix powder was before Estee Lauder got their talons on MAC. After five months of struggling to make this foundation work I sat down one night and read over 100 reviews online about this powder and discovered that the way to make this powder work is to use a powder brush and work in sections. I used my trusty MAC long handled 129 to do this and though I had to take a little more time than my usual five minutes I can report happily that it worked! Previously I'd been using my EDM flat top brush or Cat's kabuki ,since that's what's always suggested to apply mineral makeup,and after every application my foundation looked patchy and uneven. So now with the 129 I've got an even application! Also before applying foundation I applied Benefit's Powderflage to my fine smile lines and didn't have to worry about the powder sinking in that area. Also I noticed, and loved, that as I was applying and building up the foundation that I didn't need much to cover a few hormonal acne marks I have on my chin. Yahoo! Very nice since I didn't have to fuss with concealer and since I'm not big on spending a lot of time doing my makeup it was a real bonus! My only complaint about this is that it does indeed itch. Usually I remedy mineral makeup itchiness by spritzing my face with water and blotting after applying a full face but with Laura's mineral pressed powder my skin still itches a little bit during the day. Still though I make due because besides the little bit of itching I'm thrilled! Great foundation and will buy as long as it's available! EDIT 2/16/11 Drat! After applying CeraVe PM lotion and then putting on the foundation I found that due to the dimethicone in the cream and my oily skin it caused the foundation to come off easily. Just touching my face caused the foundation to patch off and you can see real skin color underneath. Extremely irritating! I guess with this I'll have to stick to my Vegecol facial toner, which acts as an extremely light moisturizer with aloe, as the only thing that this powder works with. Arg. Giving this a 4 down from a 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 7:35:00 AM More reviews by RoshniDiya

This is the most natural looking foundation i've ever had! Maybe it's because the colour match is great, but even the finish looks natural and not cakey on my skin. I was told this is a medium to full coverage foundation, but i don't see that. It's quite light in my opinion, which is great for every day use. It just looks really natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Jtea

I hv the same problem w the review below. This powder accentuated all my pores n makes me looks 3 yrs older, honestly. I thought it might bcoz of the buildable coverage, as it suppose to be, but no... it doesnt blend w my skin very well n it feels like wearing a mask. N the color is so off!! It"s not about putting the powder too much or too little >> it's the powder!! I don't like the texture, color, oil-control quality, coverage.. or anything about it.
My color matches r between 'tender rose n real sand' - i choose real sand as i was suggest it will look more natural w my yellow-based asian skin tone... it is not! It looks funny, unnatural, n layered.
I've been using Nars for years (n few other brands before that). But I was just wanna try sth new... shouldn't hv :( I use the color - 'dauville' (a bit brighter) n 'sweden' (more yellow n natural for my asian skin). N it smooth on my face very well, both color. My dry/combination/no break out skin love it, my sister's oily-acne prone skin also love it. A lot better quality, color matches, texture (lighter n smoother w more coverage n natural than LM)... n twice the amount w the same price!! I'll go back for Nars or maybe try on Chanel.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jpham002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually love Laura Mercier makeup. I've been using the tinted moisturizer for years but also wanted a blot powder with an SPF. The powder settled into all of my pores and accentuated my pores as well. I don't really have large pores but this product surely magnified them. If you're looking for a pressed powder with an SPF try Dior.