Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder SPF 15

3.5

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide. Ingredients: Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids, Jojoba Esters, Pearl Powder, Lauroyl Lysine, Copper Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extract, Lycium Chinenesis (Lycii) Berry Extract, Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle) Extract. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 5/14/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Worst pressed powder. It's very powdery therefore you end up using more than required. It cakes up very easily and settles in the pores. Absolute waste of money

on 5/2/2011 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love loose MP but not the best for trying to put on when you are on the train to work!
Agree with other reviews - do not bother with the sponge as this will give poor coverage. I apply with a small powder brush first dabbing on then using circle motions. Great coverage and does not give me a greasy face by midday like Estee Lauder loose MP. However, that could be down to my recent change to using Origins oil free face wash and moisturiser. Also loving LM concealer duo - great coverage.

on 4/13/2011 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I suppose I gave it a 2 b/c of the ingredients & quite frankly, it's not terribly the most awful product available. It's just not that good. I have the LM mineral loose powder & it's a dream. Best MMU I've used. I have it in Tender Rose & it's a great match to my skin (NC20 once upon a time, BM fairly light/ fair mixed). That said, tho I faithfully read all the bad reviews here & remarks about the loose/pressed color names not matching up.. I was so impressed w/the loose powder I bought the compact anyways. I had to get Tender Rose..not much selection..the next lighter one is way too light & next darker one too dark!! The colors don't match w/the pressed/loose counterpart despite their mimiced names. Tender Rose pressed was much lighter! Very white on my skin. The make up all together is quite different. The loose powder blends well, it's almost creamy, light but buildable coverage. The pressed offers little to no coverage (from what I can tell w/o proper color match), it seems to cake & not blend. Too bad, I love the loose powder & really hoped to have a to have its sister-to-go compact. Not the case...literally. I bought Tarte's MMU pressed compact instead.. Fair 02 was a much better match! Tho still not the ultimate choice, better all around nonetheless. If this product left u sour..as many have seemed to indicate, I urge u to try LM 's MMU loose power instead if u haven't done so yet!!

on 4/8/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I just bought this less than a week ago because I was looking for a new foundation. I have sensitive skin and I had recently returned BE because it made my face itch and tingle - the nerve of the sales lady to tell me when I returned it that this feeling is "normal." Anyway, after going through all of Sephora trying to find a color match on several different powder foundations with SPF, I came across Laura Mercier's Mineral Pressed Powder. I did a color match in the store and it was perfect (Tender Rose). So, I made the purchase as I had high hopes.

The next day I went through my normal makeup routine and put this on my face. About a half-hour later, while driving, I noticed a weird metallic scent, but at first thought it was coming from outside. I'm glad to see someone a few reviews down noticed that smell too. What is this smell? Does anyone know because this can't be a good thing.

Then, in the past few days, I've had big red hive-like pimples pop up on my cheeks. I think it made my face itch too. It also made me look more oily (usually I'm only oily in the T-zone, but my cheeks right next to my nose looked oily too), and in the areas surrounding my nose it made my pores look a lot bigger than they are.

Needless to say, I'm highly disappointed, and will be returning this produce ASAP. Back to the foundation hunt....

on 4/6/2011 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I went to the Laura Mercier counter to get a completely different product (metallic eye colour) but the make up artist was so personable I ended up with a makeover in which he used this foundation. I would never have imagined mineral foundation could be this good - I love it! It is pricey, the only downside, but for the lovely glow and buildable coverage it gives to my skin it's worth it. I bought warm chestnut and would recommend.

on 3/29/2011 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This powder is a tricky one, I was looking for a mineral powder as I heard it's good for the skin and this one has SPF also.
Pros :
- SPF !!!
- You can build up coverage with it, I'd say from medium-sheer to full
- Less messy than the loose powder
- Matte finish if you count it as a pro
Cons :
- You will hate it if you don't find a way to apply it properly.
- Price if you count it as a con, but all Laura Mercier products are around 30 - 40 so it's fine.

So, the trick I think is to avoid the sponge, AT ALL COST. Oh gosh, when I tested it out at sephora it came on powdery, set on my lines and too heavy but I needed a full coverage so I didn't mind.
So anyway, the trick is :
- Use a big brush, throw the damn sponge away.
- Moisturize properly.
- Dab (no swirl) the product, then pad it on the face lightly and build up coverage if you need. It's way too easy to pick up too much.
So anyway, on days where I wear liquid foundation I use this powder to set it, just very lightly, and it works wonder, and on days where I don't, it's fine standing alone too.

The package is nice but I hate that sponge so only 4 for me.

on 3/17/2011 12:21:00 AM

When I went to get this product I was actually going in to buy the Chanel foundation powder as my setting powder, but the lady who worked for Chanel went over to the LM side to show me this product. I fell in love with it immediately. This product is great! I can see all the negative comments, but I guess each skin is different. For me this product gives me a perfect natural finish, and it stays on all day. I use it with Laura Mercier's Tinted moisturizer. But Definitely try it. I don't get any unusual break outs than the normal one I get every once in a while. I think everyone should try it first before knocking if off. Every makeup product is different on each person. For example, people swear by the Mac studio fix, but the talc in it causes me to break out. Plus you can always return it if you don't like it. Makeup return and exchange policies are very lenient.

on 1/19/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

SO SAD! I have always had clear skin and this made me break out! I am still trying to get my skin back to what it used to. Throughout the day I smelled a strong metallic smell coming from the make-up reacting to the oils in my face. Made my skin extremely oily and the next day I totally broke out!

Horrible product, will never use again!

on 1/10/2011 10:31:00 PM

This, for the past few months, has been my absolute favorite foundation ever. It's so simple to use, covers flaws almost magically, and the shade I use, Soft Porcelain, is almost dead on. It has a slight, but flattering, yellowish tint to it, but it's not as noticeable as the liquid foundations. It is my go to base now, and just gives me a flawless, natural finish. My face does start to shine around midday, but I have very oily skin, and nothing can suppress it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My favorite, holy grail finishing/setting powder. Lovely finish. Matte without looking cakey. Perfect for any type of skin. I'm normal with a little oil in the Tzone. I wish the price were a little more reasonable, but I will continue to purchase none-the-less.