October 23, 2014 | 1900 users online

Mascara - FairyDrops - FAIRYDROPS Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by liimegreeen

This is a fantastic mascara. It gives lashes a very feathery, dramatic look and the curled brush makes it easy to coat every little lash. My only complaint is that I find that it dries out after about a month so. As with most dramatic mascaras, I do not suggest using this on your bottom lashes...That's what bottom lash mascaras are for! I am a mascara junkie and this one is definitely in my top 3.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by drewthomsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Thought I would like this mascara but the formula is SO wet and god forbid I got any on my waterline because it would make my eyes burn and water so badly! It made my lashes look alright but as far as the "tube" or "fiber" mascaras, I have to say I prefer the MAC false lashes. I wanted to love it, but this got returned.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by nicolemschafer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love the brush, not many out there with a curve, non plastic bristles, & three bubbles in the brush. Loved the fact that the mascara isn't dry its very liquidy/goopy and glides on amazingly. Adds lots of volume and length.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by fergiefergie

Let me start by saying that I wear rigid gas-permeable (hard) contact lenses. Loved the mascara, BUT it contains fibers, which I was not aware of when I purchased it. Wore it four times, and always had the sensation that I had something in my eye(s), which was the tiny fibers getting trapped under my lenses. Apart from that, this is a great mascara. It curled well, was nice and dark in color, lengthened and thickened, and I really liked the unique brush. If you can wear a mascara with fibers, definitely give this one a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by aimage

I heard about this mascara coming to Sephora and a makeup guru. I was expecting this mascara to be my new HG mascara. I bought it for 2 reasons, the packaging is just to pretty to pass up and I heard it was water resistant. I was expecting it to hold a curl, not as strong of a curl as waterproof does but I was expecting it to do anything other than extremely droopy lashes. I was very wrong, this mascara did not hold a curl at all. I think I would be better off just buying a non waterproof mascara because it does the same thing to my lashes. The application isn't amazing either, the mascara is way to wet and my lashes just clump together and not to say it gets messy when I apply it. But just because it doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. My friend tried mine out when we were about to head out to a party, and it made her lashes look amazing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first purchase in a non-drugstore mascara and it was $28 CAD+ tax. I did extensive research before buying it to make sure I really wanted it and that it would be the ultimate HG at this price. The packaging is the most eye catching ever, gold with pink designs and the brush is bent with 3 round balls. It is a fiber mascara that is water-resistant and has 5 kinds of treatment (says on box). My lashes are a decent length, not really short. I heard so much hype on how this mascara holds a curl forever and that it your lashes would really stand out but in a more natural way. What I hated was that my lashes were droopy by the end of the day loosing it's curl. Not to mention, this mascara is SUPER flakey! I wear contacts and noticed my eye irritated, I looked in the mirror and there were tiny black fibers in and around my eye area. It was horrible and it scared me. It wasn't like I rubbing or even touched my eye area. This mascara has a lots of fibers that easily flake off when it dries. No wonder, that one time at the end of the day I checked the mascara and it looked like I didn't use any. It had flaked all off and around my face. I had tiny black fibers all around my eye area. It did look better then if it were raccoon eyes, but you don't want to get this stuff in your eyes. I've used this for 2 weeks hoping to like it. But there is no hope. Thank goodness for Sephora's great return policy. I'd be out $30+. I doubt I'll ever spend more than $15 for mascara ever again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by orangeblossom00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this mascara for 3 reasons; (1) the packaging is amazing, (2) the brush is incredibly unique, and (3) I had read recently in some magazine that this mascara is supposed to be amazing. To my disbelief it was far from amazing. I tried it for a few days although on the first day I knew I didn't like it. But I know that some mascaras take a little bit to "grow" on you, so to speak. But I ended up returning this to Sephora because it did not do any better of a job than the L'oreal Beauty Tubes Mascara and also because I think this mascara was making my eyelashes fall out and eyes burn. Such a weird thing to happen since I never have negative reactions to mascaras even though I wear contacts. Trust me, if you are looking for a high end mascara go with the new Urban Decay with last serum in it. Similar brush, somewhat cheaper, and (in my opinion!) 100 times better. If you don't want to spend $20+ on a mascara, L'oreal Beauty Tubes Mascara is a LIFE SAVER.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by cbhanna21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

a couple of points
- has fibers
- i like that this brush doesn't clump as much by grabbing too much mascara.
- it really does help curl
- when dry and you touch it, you can feel it's tougher feeling, not soft.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to girls with STRAIGHT LASHES.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmmm...If you are going to use this as your regular mascara, it's honestly not that great. Over-hyped and under delivered. Not much volume or length. I don't use it for that though. I apply my regular mascara (MUF lash fibers base and either Voluminous or Lancome), then I TOP it off with a coat of this stuff. I use it as a sealer. It doesn't smudge or wipe off so it protects the lashes I've created basically. When I remove- I use warm water to slide away the Fairydrop tubes and then use mascara remover for the rest. Kind of a pain- but I know if I use this stuff as my final step my lashes will maintain their curl and fullness all day. I'm still not certain if I will repurchase this. I may try another tubing mascara that really does thicken and lengthen. I'll update if I find a better one!
***Eh. I am editing my review a month later. This stuff made my lashes fall out and I was very sad about it. This mascara is in the trash now :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by paleandpink

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Review based on using this mascara twice so far.
I have fairly sparse short to medium length lashes and this mascara does make them look really long but not that much volume to be had (although I don't care about volume).
Application that works for me:
Wiggle onto lashes let dry for a sec then apply a second coat. Once dry I gently use a heated eyelash curler and press gently against middle and tips of lashes and it sets the mascara all day. No droop, which I usually get with mascaras.
For super duper dramatic lashes I put two coats of Rimmel Lash Accelerator, let dry then do a coat or two of Fairy Drops. Looks dramatic without the Tammy Faye effect.
Trick to remove quickly and easily:
Splash warm water on eyes as you would to wash them and place your index fingers horizontally along lashes using a bit of pressure then repeat. Hope this helps those who seem to have a difficult time getting it off.
Update: Loving the Mac Mascara I reviewed more