July 28, 2014 | 1317 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Book of Shadows Vol. II [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mkim12313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this palette for everything! the color selection is so amazing. I love it! I wear this palette for daytime and use the brown and beige colors and for night time I use the purples and blues and black for when I'm going out. I swear the looks you can create are endless. and the quality is pretty good too. some other palettes who shall remain anonymous are so cheap! like chalky and non-pigmented. but this is different. I think that it could use more color but with the primer potion thats supplied, this is easily fixed. they give you 2 great eyeliners in zero (black) and bourbon (a shimmery brown) its a lil expensive but for everything they give you, its more than worth it. unfortunately it's limited edition so if you didn't get it before, i guess we can hope for volume 3 which i hope is just as good and maybe better! some more greens would be nice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by xstephanieex33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVEEE this palette, I seriously have used this in one way or another every day since I got it. Whether it's to do my whole eye look or add a pop of color. I love the excellent range of colors. You get everything from neutrals like browns and taupes to fun, bright colors like purple, green, & teal. One of my all time favorites looks to do from this palette, is YDK all over the lid and slightly into the crease with Twice Baked as the outer V and than put Jinx &/or Flipside on the lower lash line for a 'pop' of teal/green. I get so many compliments on my makeup when I wear this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an AMAZING palette. I saw it in Ulta and knew I had to have it. I was sad to have missed out on the first Book of Shadows, so when I saw that there was a second volume, I was super excited. The price of the palette may seem a bit high at almost fifty dollars, but when you think about what you are getting, its actually an amazing value. One individual Urban Decay shadow retails for 16 dollars. In this palette, you are getting 16 shadows and spending under fifty dollars. I'd say that's a pretty awesome deal. You get a generous amount of each shadow in the palette, much more than you get in the UD shadow boxes. As for the quality of the shadows, Urban Decay has some of the best shadows you can buy. Most are a slightly shimmery, but not too much so. There are a few that are quite glittery, but they look beautiful on the eye if used correctly and with a primer. The shadows blend like a dream and with sixteen different shades, you can create TONS of different looks. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a great value and who wants to add some variety to their makeup stash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

We don't have UD here in Aus so I had to get it off Ebay. I wasn't sure about it as I haven't seen it in person but decided to get it based on good reviews. I'm glad I did! It is beautiful.
    I already have lots and los of eye shadows but this one fits into my collection really well as a lot of BOS II colours are unique. It has a great selection of purples, cool neutrals, warm neutrals and blues/greens. You can create lots of bright and stunning looks with this palette. It might be not my first choice for work make-up but it is defunately my must have for night-time look as colours are really intense and shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The exclusive shades are- Perversion, a matte charcoal black. AC/DC, a deep purple w/ silver shimmery shade. Nylon, a med bronze-brown w/ shimmer. Mushroom, a dark taupe shimmer. Sphynx, a very frosty bright baby pink color. Jinx, a bright jewel toned blue. Homegrown, a vibrant grass green w/ golden sheen. Misdemeaner, a dark teal w/ green shimmer. The pre-existing shades are- Gunmetal a dark gray sheen, Ecstasy a bright purple w/ slight pink tint, Sellout a champagne sheen, Half Baked a lustrous golden bronze, Twice baked a darker brown w/ gold glitter, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again a golden beige w/ bronze, gold & silver glitter, YDK a bronzed mocha w/ golden microglitter, Flipside a electric teal w/ blue sheen. The shadows are .03oz each x 16 shadows, the Primer is 0.13oz and works excellent. Each pencil is 0.03oz. The pencil shades are 'Zero' a black and 'Bourbon' a brown bronze. The shadows and liners are very pigmented, easy to apply and last all day w/ the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by retrospecked

I love this product...it was a great way to finally try the infamous primer potion as well as their eyeliners. The eyeliners are alright, they don't seem to have the staying power in the waterline that I was lead to believe they did, however. As for the shadows, all are richly pigmented and beautiful, though some are a little high in glitter. "Sellout" is my favourite...so beautiful, and a great highlight. "Half Baked" is also a beautiful golden colour. LOVE this palette. The packaging is a little unnecessarily bulky, however.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by VintageJeansxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My, my, my! I have got this as a Christmas present, and I was so thrilled to finally have it in my hands! The colors are beautiful, and the palette itself has so many looks in only 16 colors! Some of the colors are even only seen in this palette, so it's worth the price. It also comes with the fabulous eyeshadow primer, and two eyeliners. I love the fact that after using the UDPP, you only need a tiny bit of the eyeshadow to show up so vividly. I don't like the packaging as much, but I can deal. My favorite shades have to be Flipside and Homegrown, as well as Ecstasy and Sphynx. It's a huge step up from the first Book of Shadows, and I'm very pleased with the results of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by babielylien

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette i think is an amazing deals, I've used all the colours and the liners are amazing, its great taht they include those with the set. It actually prompted me to buy the full size burbon. When I first got this seeing all the blues greens and cool tones, I was worried I might not be using it very often, but I discovered so many different eye looks, this palette can provide a nice blue eye, smokey or even neutral. I actually have a neutral look I do with this palettes which is my fav! when I'm to lazy to think up a look I place sell out on the lid used YDK on the crease and twice backed on the outer corner, its love!! and so is this palette=)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I don't normally like palettes because there are so many colours that I won't use, but I love this palette. I have quite a few single colours from Urban Decay, my only duplicate is YDK, but I wear that so often that it really isn't a problem.
    I know a lot of people have a problem with fallout, but I really can't say that I do, so I'm not sure what they are doing. All of these colours are so well pigmented that really all you need to do is place your brush on the shadow or very gently swipe, then make sure you knock off the excess thoroughly and dab or press it on your eye, don't go brushing it back and forth and swirling it around. The colours blend together really well, even for a blending dummy like me - use a clean brush to blend and any fallout stays on the brush and not all over your face.
    I always put my UD shadows over the primer potion or a creaseless cream shadow, so maybe that's helping me.
    The eyeliners are the best eyeliners out there, smooth, creamy - love love love them
    Primer potion, an essential for me, especially with these shadows.

The only downside for me is the packaging, it is so annoying having to open a drawer every time you want to use a shadow, not comfortable to hold, takes up a stupid amount of worksurface and the eyeliners are near impossible to get out without breaking a nail - totally impractical to travel with, a complete and utter nightmare that will get tatty with time and then what do you do? Remove the shadows somehow or just abandon it and get full size versions of the available colours? I can imagine many people who are having trouble with glittery fallout and bright colours AND the stupid packaging will be regretting this purchase, but if you can work around those these are very special shadows

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. This is the first actual makeup item I got from Urban Decay other than the primer potion. It has great quality eyeshadows, and most of it is shimmer which I love. It's perfect for everyday or for going out. The only one I may have a problem is the super glittery one called midnight cowboy rides again. I have to use the shade before foundation so I don't end up with glitter all over my face. I love it and it's got me swapping some of my other single shadows away because it's very convenient and cost effective per shadow in this economy. About half the palette is neutral shades which is great because I can use it for work 5 days a weeks and the rest for weekends or special events.

Packaging could be more travel friendly so I can take it everywhere with me instead of a bulky cardboard palette I leave at home.