July 29, 2014 | 848 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Esousa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this powder. It's superlight and sets my foundation beautifully. I actually love the packaging: i always keep it on top of my vanity, since I use it everyday (and that way I don't move it around too much); love the big cap to swirl my brush in :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Texasbrian14

I tried one of my friends Dessert and OMG it looked there was nothing on my face but did give me a nice complexion! I felt like it kept me matte longer and felt very soft and smooth! Got many compliments on it too :) Will have to purchase my own very soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by carltonbp

It's now 35gms instead of 45gm. Just bought a new pack. Weighed it against my empty old one and it's definately 35gms.

Hate it when companies do that. 23% less product for the same price.

Just lost a customer and this is going back to SpaceNK tomorrow.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by KathXx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. I've tried the mac prep and prime transparent powder and thought it was good but for 17 you dont get much. I decided to try this and although its 25 you get a whole lot more product for your money. Although it isnt translucent, there is no coverage to it so the colour wont affect your skin tone too much. I will definitely repurchase this and I have already bought it as a gift for someone else.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by whylidat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really don't understand the hype about this product. I got to know about NARS loose powder through MUG who raved about this product so much I felt like I HAD to have it. It's really expensive but she said it's got a lot of product, so it's really worth the money. Well, I got it in FLESH, perfect for my NC25 skin tone. It really has a lot of product but I don't find it any different from any other loose powder. And the packaging, ohmygoodness, it's such a MESS!!! Whenever I open it, powder gets wasted everywhere. If I have to waste some powder every time I open it, then it really is a waste of money. Nothing spectacular about this product. Save your money for something else. Like NARS Blush in Orgasm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by xogyrlyinredxo

Love it! It goes on smooth and my bush glides on top of it. The packaging could be better. It's easy for some of the powder to end up around the edges of the container so when you lift the lid it gets all over the place. You get a lot of powder for the price. I have this in Eden (waiting for Beach to arrive) and it's pretty light. The powder goes on quite sheer so it doesn't change the color of your foundation but I like my powders to match closer to my skin color.

For reference I wear Stromboli Sheer Glow, MAC NC35 Studio Fix Fluid.

UPDATE 11/9/10: I received Beach today so I put Eden and Beach side to side. Eden has a pink tone to it and Beach has a yellow tone to it. I expected Beach to be a darker than Eden but it's not. I like Beach better. Oh, when I received Beach there was powder all over the outside and inside the container. Eden arrived clean so I guess it's a hit or miss?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by CaitlynJordan

I am a NW25, and I find this product only slightly better than OK due to price per oz. The MUA put me between Flesh and Dessert. I will admit, that when PILED on my cheek this seemed accurate enough. However, when wearing as a finishing powder, the flesh looks a little dark. This could be due to my oily skin. For reference I apply the powder with the puff provided (cleaned after each use) in a rolling motion using a small amount of product. In any-case I am left with a very large container of Dessert that is much too dark. I did however get it on sale from the website, otherwise I would have returned it immediately. I do however use it very lightly to blend parts of my body that are naturally lighter than surrounding skin. For example my neck is lighter than my face and collar bone area.

Although my jars are not pristine I do not seem to have so much trouble with them being overly messy. Although I do not keep the puff inside the jar, it does fit. I keep the mesh instert below the sifter. When I need more product, I place the lid on, turn it upside down, then right side up, tap the container on the table, and remove the lid. This leaves me with enough product on the sifter for at least a couple of days. I also apply this product with a small brush to my crows feet to prevent eyeshadow emphasizing the lines. I use good eyeshadow, and base, but this helps very much.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by peonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm around an NC-25 and I use the colour Beach. This product does a decent job; the powder is pigmented and my face has a nice soft finish after I use this but it doesn't control oil especially well. It's not the finest powder I've used.

I put the sifter underneath the plastic separator, and poke holes through the sticker instead of taking the whole sticker off because it's very messy otherwise.

The packaging is stupid, it's a typical NARS rubbery matte box that powder sticks onto making it look dirty. The included puff is round and slightly bigger than the square container, so you can't put it inside.

This was the best in terms of price for quantity among the other department store loose powders. It is one of the least expensive when measured by gram (this is 45g), and it lasts me around 6 months with daily usage. I will be on the lookout for another one once this runs out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

For reference I'm an NC40/42 with golden undertones, normal/combo oily skin.

Guess I'm the minority on this. This is not that good a quality product for the price. The packaging is so bulky and messy, powder goes flying everywhere and you end up wasting a load of product. The puff that's included with it is useless; hard and doesn't fit into the box. The powder itself is quite finely milled and applies okay....it doesn't mattify my face at all, which can be a positive or a negative depending on what you're looking for. I got the shade BEACH and it's a little light, but because I use such a little amount of this powder on my face at a time, it doesn't make me look like a geisha and blends with my skintone. It doesn't control oil well, although I don't know if this product is supposed to or not. The finish is leaves is quite nice and satiny. But it does not last long on my skin at all.

I wouldn't repurchase as it's too expensive and the quality is somewhat comparable to a DS product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kimst2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder. I will wear nothing but a loose powder. I was using L'Oreal Translucide for a few years and I thought it was pretty good until I tried MUFE's loose powder. Except, MUFE just seemed to sheer and I need more coverage.. so I kept looking because I realized I loved these finely milled powders. Finally, I was watching MakeupGeek on Youtube and saw that she loved this powder and her description of it made me want it even more. I bought it and am very pleased with the coverage and the airbursh look it gives me. I havent had to worry so much about my makeup getting oily because that is a big problem for me. When used in conjunction with my primer, it's keeping the oil from coming through so much. Yea! It's the worth the money for me because I think powder is very necessary and you get alot of quality for your money. IMO. The packaging could be better (i had fallout when i opened my new pkg) but use it according to how another reviewer said: put the screen UNDER the sifter. Do not leave it on top because the powder will just get stuck under it. Well, that's my review and I'll keep buying this till they discontinue it. :)