NARS Loose Powder

4.4

talc, silica, polyethylene, zea mays [zea mays (corn) starch], nylon-66, isopropyl myristate, disodium edta, dimethicone, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, /- may contain : mica, ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides) ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green).

on 2/20/2011 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For reference I'm nc42-44 with very strong yellow undertones. Combo winter, more oily summer. Acne prone. I purchased this in mountain.

My favourite powder ever!! I use it over any foundation and it never makes me look cakey, no matter how much I put. It has a satin finish imo - makes me healthy. It has really good oil controlling properties.

Took 1 lippie off as it has the worst packaging ever. So what I did was purchase a sifter jar from Sephora and transfered some powder into their.

Not much more to say except I love this powder and would purchase again.

on 2/2/2011 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is my fav powder. Finishes great everything looks smooth. I have some oily spots but as long as I have this on no prob with that. This powder lasts forever, so the price isn't so bad. It is very messy.

on 1/27/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

it has a bunch of positive reviews so i bought it when i almost finished my givenchy prism loos powder. i am disappointed by the messy packaging. i bought it online, and upon recieving it was already leaking. i hadn't even opened it yet! so basically i could never travel with it. i couldnt find any pressed powder i like(they are just toooooo sheer to do anything!)so i have to carry my powder foundation with me. but then it looks heavy on my face when touching up. why couldnt they make a slightly better box?it is not just leaking, the cap is big and just not able to seal it(not a screwing on type).so it is so easy to make a mess on my vanity.
so next onto the product. i bought this and a chanel loose powder at the same time. i ordered them online and i chose flesh in nars and 20 clair in chanel. i have to say the chanel one suits me better as it is a tad lighter than Nars flesh. for reference i use Guerlain Beige pale, MUFE HD 117,MUFE f&b 20, chanel pro lumiere 20(a tad darker) so this one in flesh was a close match but slightly jaundice looking. it looks a litter bit orange on me when i use a slightly darker/yellow foundation.but it works well when my faoundation shade is kind of off, for example when i use givenchy photo perfection in 01(wrong shade, a shade lighter, quite noticable). so they work well together. it is so hard to choose shade with this one. in order to have a better match i might have to mix snow with this, but i really dont feel like buying another box given the poor packaging. however, the texture is really impresive, light-weight, not drying, not cakey. the puff is really nice too, but it does not fit in the box. again.what are they thinking?
love the product, little upset about the shade. hate the packaging.
i will repurchase if they re-package it in a better way
in the same purchase, i love the chanel one better for two reasons-better match, clean and classy packaging(portable if you dont mind the size)

on 1/15/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love love love this powder. It's superlight and sets my foundation beautifully. I actually love the packaging: i always keep it on top of my vanity, since I use it everyday (and that way I don't move it around too much); love the big cap to swirl my brush in :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried one of my friends Dessert and OMG it looked there was nothing on my face but did give me a nice complexion! I felt like it kept me matte longer and felt very soft and smooth! Got many compliments on it too :) Will have to purchase my own very soon!

on 12/28/2010 1:18:00 PM

It's now 35gms instead of 45gm. Just bought a new pack. Weighed it against my empty old one and it's definately 35gms.

Hate it when companies do that. 23% less product for the same price.

Just lost a customer and this is going back to SpaceNK tomorrow.

on 12/28/2010 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this product. I've tried the mac prep and prime transparent powder and thought it was good but for 17 you dont get much. I decided to try this and although its 25 you get a whole lot more product for your money. Although it isnt translucent, there is no coverage to it so the colour wont affect your skin tone too much. I will definitely repurchase this and I have already bought it as a gift for someone else.

on 11/1/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really don't understand the hype about this product. I got to know about NARS loose powder through MUG who raved about this product so much I felt like I HAD to have it. It's really expensive but she said it's got a lot of product, so it's really worth the money. Well, I got it in FLESH, perfect for my NC25 skin tone. It really has a lot of product but I don't find it any different from any other loose powder. And the packaging, ohmygoodness, it's such a MESS!!! Whenever I open it, powder gets wasted everywhere. If I have to waste some powder every time I open it, then it really is a waste of money. Nothing spectacular about this product. Save your money for something else. Like NARS Blush in Orgasm.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it! It goes on smooth and my bush glides on top of it. The packaging could be better. It's easy for some of the powder to end up around the edges of the container so when you lift the lid it gets all over the place. You get a lot of powder for the price. I have this in Eden (waiting for Beach to arrive) and it's pretty light. The powder goes on quite sheer so it doesn't change the color of your foundation but I like my powders to match closer to my skin color.

For reference I wear Stromboli Sheer Glow, MAC NC35 Studio Fix Fluid.

UPDATE 11/9/10: I received Beach today so I put Eden and Beach side to side. Eden has a pink tone to it and Beach has a yellow tone to it. I expected Beach to be a darker than Eden but it's not. I like Beach better. Oh, when I received Beach there was powder all over the outside and inside the container. Eden arrived clean so I guess it's a hit or miss?

on 10/19/2010 10:50:00 AM

I am a NW25, and I find this product only slightly better than OK due to price per oz. The MUA put me between Flesh and Dessert. I will admit, that when PILED on my cheek this seemed accurate enough. However, when wearing as a finishing powder, the flesh looks a little dark. This could be due to my oily skin. For reference I apply the powder with the puff provided (cleaned after each use) in a rolling motion using a small amount of product. In any-case I am left with a very large container of Dessert that is much too dark. I did however get it on sale from the website, otherwise I would have returned it immediately. I do however use it very lightly to blend parts of my body that are naturally lighter than surrounding skin. For example my neck is lighter than my face and collar bone area.

Although my jars are not pristine I do not seem to have so much trouble with them being overly messy. Although I do not keep the puff inside the jar, it does fit. I keep the mesh instert below the sifter. When I need more product, I place the lid on, turn it upside down, then right side up, tap the container on the table, and remove the lid. This leaves me with enough product on the sifter for at least a couple of days. I also apply this product with a small brush to my crows feet to prevent eyeshadow emphasizing the lines. I use good eyeshadow, and base, but this helps very much.

Recommended for Normal Skin