December 22, 2014 | 1844 users online

Lipstick - Hard Candy - Fire Alarm

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by xBronzedBeautyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In the tube Fire Alarm looks nude, but on my lips it turns light pink for some reason. It is still really pretty & super cheap, so i cant complain. The packaging is nice except for that stupid and ugly ribbon on the bottom. It goes on smooth, but it makes my lips look dry even though i exfoliated + applied lip balm. ill give this 3.5 stars since theres pros/cons of this. ill check out the other shades next (the lipsticks are $6)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My new absolute favorite lippie! This is a gorgeous moisturizing glossy pale nude shade, with just a hint of pink so you don't look like a corpse! Looks great with tanned skin and blonde hair! Excellent quality, and adorable packaging, with a great price point...what more could you ask for. BTW looks great with Hard Candy's Girl Next Door plumping gloss over top.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by tarynloftness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have finally found a nude pink that I love and at a price that I love even more. I am wearing this lipstick today - not much of a lipstick gal - but this color is perfect for me :o)
I am not really into this line - but what I have tried so far (this Fire Alarm lippie) I do really like.
You don;t have to spend a lot of $$$ to find fabulous lip sticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a great nude beige/pink lipstick! For me it's somewhere between MAC's Equality lipstick and NYX's Summer Love. It's more pink than Equality (Equality is just plain beige on me), and it's less pink/mauve than Summer Love. As everyone has said, it's got a glossy, somewhat moisturizing finish. Will settle into lines in the lips and accentuate dry skin, so it's very important to have moisturized lips with this one. Lasting power isn't amazing but it's not terrible either. Has a very very light, sweet scent. It can be difficult for me to find pink lip colors that I can actually wear, as many of the paler shades seem to have blue or purple tones which my warm/neutral coloring doesn't allow me to wear, or they're way too vibrant or bold for my taste. This lipstick has maybe just the teeny tiniest hint of blue tones but I can still totally wear it. And it actually manages to majorly tone down my naturally pigmented lips. I do wish the consistency was less.... slippery. A thicker formula that stayed put a little better would have been nice. But it's really no different from most of NYX's lipsticks.

Packing is fairly horrendous. I don't mind the designs so much, but the designs combined with the pointed bottom and fuschia ribbon at the end, plus the fact that the whole feel of the tube is cheap and plastic-y makes for an overall tacky, cheap appearance. Also, it doesn't swivel up and down very well at all, as has been mentioned. Mine also 'clicks' as I'm twisting it down and I've nicked the bullet several times. Still though, for the great color and reasonable price, I will deal with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by MarciaChia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect pinkish nude, very moisturizing, overall good product and makes almost perfect nude lips that won't wash out even a fair skin person like me.

I give it 4 lippies, because of the texture is hard to work with other lip products. I like to put either a lipblam with SPF under my lipstick, and/or a lipgloss, preferably with SPF, on top of my lipstick. But HC fire alarm is so moisturizing that it's practically impossible to use anything with it. It slides allover when I tried it with a lip balm, and sweeps aways with applying lipgloss. So although the product itself is pretty good, I don't like that it has no SPF and I can't use other products with it. You can't "edit" it, since there is no way to apply any lipgloss on it without sweeping it away.

I have purchased it almost the same time with the Revlon colorburst in soft nude, I'll say that the HC fire alarm has better color and smell, but the Revlon one has better texture to work with (Hard Candy fire alarm is more on the lip balm side, and Revlon soft nude is more a drying lipstick. Although I like moisturizing lipsticks.).

The packaging, although I think it's more on a cute side, it's rather inconvenient in carrying it, using it or even just storing it. Most importantly, it does not swivel up and down so smoothly ! I nicked my lipstick the first time when I opened it and didn't find out that I can actually swivel the whole thing inside until using it several times.

I will purchase it again, but hopefully they can improve the texture and packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by anjel89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like the shade, the best nude lipstick I have. The others are too bronzey or golden. However, it doesn't stay put. it also seems to dry out my lips worse than other brands, even if I condition my lips first. I really like the shade though!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by sparrowoftheroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to like this so much! The color is awesome, a great light nude with a bit of a pink kick. Dirt cheap and doesn't look as dry as most light lipsticks. So what's the catch?

It slides all over the place. It will not stay put. Applies streaky, and after much fussing, it looks like crap in 10 minutes without eating or drinking. You could probably pull this off if you have light lips that sort of match the color so you can't see the streaks or how it slides off unevenly. That's the only way I could see this working.

If this is as much of a dupe for Hue as everyone says, I think I will have to try Hue... Maybe then the quality won't suck so bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by AriesD

Bought this lipstick because I had heard it was a dupe for MAC's Hue. (Eventually ended up buying Hue, too). Packaging is cute, and different. The bottom of the lipstick has a ribbon on it, and isn't flat, which made it difficult when doing side by side comparisons.

In the tube, they look different - Hue is darker than Fire Alarm and looks more pink, while Fire Alarm looks more like a peachy-pink. On my pigmented lips, Hue is definitely more pink that Fire Alarm, which almost looks like a milky pink instead of a nude pink. Fire Alarm didn't seem to glide on as smoothly as Hue and too much can give you the "corpse" look. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative than Hue, this would be close. If you can afford it, I'd go with MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by sarahbaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone's fav. nude these days it seems. Yeah, it's probably the only lipstick shade i'll wear and only because it goes on so sheer it looks almost like a lipstick/gloss combo. I would buy this again but the truth is, I don't wear a lot of lipstick so this will last me awhile. If you're looking for a good nude, this pretty much suits everyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

picked this up at wally world...im a sucker for pinky nudes and one of my favorite bloggers had a swatch of this and i instantly fell in love...on my pigmented lips, it kinda looks like a cross btwn florabundance and underage.....more leaning towards the cool side, but still wearable....the coverage is buildable and has no funny smell...looks very glossy for a l/s....mmm w/ yellow undertones c4/c5....the only thing i dont like about this is when it fades, it leaves like a silvery-grey cast on my pigm lips...kinda corpsy...so i need to make sure i touch up right away....looks nice with Nyx in smokey look to warm it up.