October 31, 2014 | 1207 users online

Eyeliner - Inglot - Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by amandafailureprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so confused! I feel almost like I must have either got some crazy, alien version of this product (purchased from a pro makeup store so I know it's legit) or they changed the formula. I went through the negative reviews and even the bad ones say it was difficult to remove. For me, the opposite is true! I bought the white and the bright blue. They apply nicely, but much more watery than most reviews say (I think this improves with time as they dry out because the ones in the store weren't like this). I did a test to see if the colors I wanted most (white, bright blue, milky cyan) were dupes for the Lime Crime liquid liners and they are almost an exact match, with the LC blue being slightly less purple and a touch brighter. I swatched both brands side by side and later when I washed my hands, the LC came off with one wash and the Inglot stayed put after two. I was amazed! Here's the problem: The Inglot liners do actually come off easily, but with slight rubbing as opposed to water. They roll and flake off the skin almost like liquid latex (eyelash glue, etc.). I noticed this on my hand after I had already bought them, but I'd hoped it was because of the two washes. No luck, as they do this on my eye as well. The blue is the one I tested wearing out tonight and it faded terribly (with primer) and flaked off easily at the end of the night with a rub from my finger. This was to my grandma's birthday dinner, so I don't even want to know how it will wear for a night of dancing! I'm so disappointed! Not only because I can't return them, but because this was a product I actually believed the hype of (rare for me) and I ADORE the colors. I will consider getting the Lime Crime ones now, even though I don't love that brand, the price, or the floppy brush applicator. I keep hoping something will magically change... it's so strange! I'll also try the bright blue and white MAC Chromaline. I have the black Fluidline and never experienced anything like this. I have oily lids and things do fade/smear easily on me, but Fluidline wears much better and never flakes and rolls off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by xtina000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the eyeliner of my dreams!!!!! I purchased this in #77 matte black about 2-3 months or so ago and have been using it every day every since. It creates the most intense DARK BLACK matte line I've ever seen, and it stays all day.

I use this to line my upper lid, tightline, and it even works/stays in my waterline. It is so soft and creamy - I only need to use the *lightest* touch of it in the pot to have enough on my eyeliner brush - too much and I expect it may smudge as some others seem to have experienced (not myself though).

It comes in a plastic tub and is sealed. I've noticed as time goes on and the weather warms up that the product isn't as soft and creamy and spreadable as it was when I first opened it - but it is still divine. I suspect those who complain about its spreadability may not have received a fresh one? However, if it does get too dry, a drop of Inglot Duraline can easily make it perfect again. Mine hasn't reached that point but then again it has only been 2-3 months.

I could not recommend this product enough. I've been on the search for the best, darkest, longest-wearing cream/gel eyeliner for years and this is it. I would definitely repurchase, this blows MAC, BB and even Clinique (my 2nd fave) out of the water. If you're looking for a black liner that's more subtley black though, you may like to try one of those. As I have medium dark skin this is perfect for me.

And to top it all off, it's so much cheaper than other HE brands! Even in Australia, where makeup is generally ridiculously more expensive, this retails for $25 for the pot, which I imagine would easily last me at least a year. If you're looking for a dark black, matte, long-wearing gel eyeliner - try this!!! Use it right, and you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eyeliner! I have it in 83 which is a dark indigo and 77 which is jet black. They go on and stay there, exactly where you put them. I went to a festival and got wet and sweaty and had it on from 9am until 10pm and it looked fresh when I got home. The only problems anyone could have this these is that they obviously go on with a brush if you want a thin line (which I personally find easier than the traditional liquid brush) and also how to get them off at the end of the day! For this same reason it may be slightly disheartening if you get your line a bit wonky because they set quite quickly and, as I said, are extremely reluctant to move. However a cotton bud with some strong makeup remover for waterproof makeup or even some oil can fix this. I use Inglot's 31T brush which was also 10 and is an angled eyeliner brush, perfect for thick and thin lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by xquisite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why oh why did I persist with L'Oreal gel liner? This stuff is amazing! The black is extremely pigmented and velvety & applies like a dream with my MAC 266 brush. Stays looking brand new for my 12 hour day.
I will certainly go back to Inglot to try some other colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by lalacapp

This is my holy grail eyeliner, i can tell you that now. In terms of pigmentation, I have NEVER seen anything as black as this one. I have it the 77, and boy, those who claim it's flaky and dry must have a fake one or something. It's super creamy yet when it starts to set, have fun taking it off. It DOES NOT come off easy, you need makeup remover, or your skin will turn red trying to get it off. I use a makeup eye remover to clean my sigma eyeliner brush after every use, otherwise it will build volume on the brush. It does not budge.
My only problem is, I somehow manage to melt any kind of eyeliner in the corner of my eyes, and i've tried everything under the sun. Mac's black track does not work for me, it's too grey. Maybelline's eyeliner was my holy grail, but it still smears. I now have invested in Bobbi Brown, but I still love using my Inglot liner. I just flick my winged liner upwards so i don't have to tear and melt it off. The longevity is superb. It doesnt crease. I love it!!!!!!!! Please try it out, i went ahead and bought it based on the reviews here and it's worth every single dollar ($25 here in Australia :( ..oh well blacktrack was $30!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by vogysgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, this product is NOT hard to remove at all. One swipe with my Estee Lauder Take It Away and the liner came right off gently.
This is the blackest gel liner I've ever used. Its fantastic. I wear contacts and have somewhat sensitive eyes, this gel didn't bother me at all.
I'm definitely going to stock up in my kit with more colors.
Pros...cheap, EASY REMOVAL & BLACKEST black ever!!
Cons...zero!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know why so many ppl hate this product! I like it a lot! And being indian, I've tried all eyeliners on the market! ;)
1. Its sooo creamy
2. Its the blackest black
3. It doesn't dry out if u're careful with it! close the lid as soon as u're done using it and place it cap facing downwards always.
4. It has amazing lasting power on both upper lash line and waterline! The inglot salesperson told me it may not be suitable for the waterline of contact lens wearers but its perfectly fine with me and my contacts!
5. The case is unbreakable (plasticky)
6. My only prob: excess of the gel tends to flake once it dries around the eyes....and can get into ur eyes and irritate them for a while...

All in all, I lurve this over MAC and Maybelline for its better quality and over Bobbi Brown for its reasonable price!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the MOST CREAMY eyeliner I have EVER USED. You can just draw with it, without drag or any hassle. It is far superior to MAC and any other brand.

I purchased fr $25 AUD in the 90 brown colour... I cannot wait to go and get it in black and grey, also.

WOW!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best gel eyeliner I have tried. I use the black and it is way more pigmented than any other gel/creme liner I have used. (Blacktrack, MUFE Aqua Eyes, Maybelline, Loreal Hip, Elf, WetnWild) I am on my 2nd jar. It has amazing lasting power. My eyes get watery cause of allergies and this does not smudge. I've also slept in it and it stayed on perfect. The only cons are that it can be hard to remove and towards maybe using up 75% of the product it starts to dry up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by cksa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Personally this is the best eyeliner I have ever encountered for my oily eyes. Basically nothing will stay in place on my eyes without a primer for more than an hour, except for the Inglot gel eyeliners. I haven't tried to wear this for a full 24 hours or tried to sleep in it or anything, but I can pull fairly long days (and that's where the eye makeup smudging problem usually gets me). WITHOUT primer, I've found that the Inglot gel eyeliner will stay smudge-free on my slightly hooded, oily upper lids for 15.5 hours; it is a little blurred on my lower eyeline around the 8 hour mark, but not to the extent of raccoon eyes. WITH primer, the wear again doesn't seem to change on the upper lid after 15 hours...of a full day in the sun coupled with five 2-minute intervals of paddling in the ocean! And again with primer, the lower eyeline basically does not move after those 15 hours, but does fade a bit.
The product is pigmented, but requires some practice to learn the best balance between not so much that your eyeliner smears after application, but not so little that the product dries before you can get a good line out. I can't bring myself to dock a star just because of that, though, because I do think it's easy to learn the right amount and best application, and the payoff for me is practically phenomenal. First of all, it does dry quickly upon exposure to air, and the less you use, the faster it dries. Attempting to draw a line all at once will lead to streaking and dragging as the stuff still on the brush dries out and digs into the drying applied liner. You can minimize that by just dabbing the liner into place instead of drawing it on. Second, use the lightest of touches when taking product out. Also, I don't recommend blinking before it dries, because if product transfers to a place you don't want it to go, you aren't going to remove the mistake with anything but makeup remover--no rubbing mistakes away here! And you will need an oil-based cleanser to remove the eyeliner at the end of the day, as well as to clean up your brush (or else risk an extremely stiff brush filled with dried eyeliner gel!). I use a few drops of jojoba oil and it works great.
When desperate for waterproof eyebrows, I use just the fainted touch of 90 (a rich espresso brown) to fill in my eyebrows. And, of course, 77 is just about the best black eyeliner I could ever hope for to make a nice sharp and ultra pigmented cat eye!
Some have mentioned that the product dries out in the pot. I haven't had that issue yet--if it helps, I store my pots upside down away from the sun, always put the cap on firmly, and remove product from the sides in and from the same area to prevent dry-out of other areas. You can also try depotting into a separate container, but I haven't had much luck with the 5g plastic ones that loose mineral eyeshadow samples come in, as the product dries out pretty much overnight in those. I ended up emptying out an old cream eyeliner that I never used (due to horrendous smudging) and depotted some of the Inglot gel into there. It's a frosted glass jar and I wonder if that might help prevent dry-out. If anyone has a good solution, I'd love to know! Inglot's Duraline is supposed to be able to revive the dried out liner, but I don't own Duraline so I'd like to just prevent dryout from even happening.
Overall, at $12 for 5.5g/0.19oz of product, it won't break the bank to give this one a try, particularly if you're oily-eyed and desperate for an eyeliner that won't smear on you in five minutes or less!