July 29, 2014 | 1903 users online

Eyeliner - Inglot - Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best gel eyeliner I have tried. I use the black and it is way more pigmented than any other gel/creme liner I have used. (Blacktrack, MUFE Aqua Eyes, Maybelline, Loreal Hip, Elf, WetnWild) I am on my 2nd jar. It has amazing lasting power. My eyes get watery cause of allergies and this does not smudge. I've also slept in it and it stayed on perfect. The only cons are that it can be hard to remove and towards maybe using up 75% of the product it starts to dry up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by cksa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Personally this is the best eyeliner I have ever encountered for my oily eyes. Basically nothing will stay in place on my eyes without a primer for more than an hour, except for the Inglot gel eyeliners. I haven't tried to wear this for a full 24 hours or tried to sleep in it or anything, but I can pull fairly long days (and that's where the eye makeup smudging problem usually gets me). WITHOUT primer, I've found that the Inglot gel eyeliner will stay smudge-free on my slightly hooded, oily upper lids for 15.5 hours; it is a little blurred on my lower eyeline around the 8 hour mark, but not to the extent of raccoon eyes. WITH primer, the wear again doesn't seem to change on the upper lid after 15 hours...of a full day in the sun coupled with five 2-minute intervals of paddling in the ocean! And again with primer, the lower eyeline basically does not move after those 15 hours, but does fade a bit.
The product is pigmented, but requires some practice to learn the best balance between not so much that your eyeliner smears after application, but not so little that the product dries before you can get a good line out. I can't bring myself to dock a star just because of that, though, because I do think it's easy to learn the right amount and best application, and the payoff for me is practically phenomenal. First of all, it does dry quickly upon exposure to air, and the less you use, the faster it dries. Attempting to draw a line all at once will lead to streaking and dragging as the stuff still on the brush dries out and digs into the drying applied liner. You can minimize that by just dabbing the liner into place instead of drawing it on. Second, use the lightest of touches when taking product out. Also, I don't recommend blinking before it dries, because if product transfers to a place you don't want it to go, you aren't going to remove the mistake with anything but makeup remover--no rubbing mistakes away here! And you will need an oil-based cleanser to remove the eyeliner at the end of the day, as well as to clean up your brush (or else risk an extremely stiff brush filled with dried eyeliner gel!). I use a few drops of jojoba oil and it works great.
When desperate for waterproof eyebrows, I use just the fainted touch of 90 (a rich espresso brown) to fill in my eyebrows. And, of course, 77 is just about the best black eyeliner I could ever hope for to make a nice sharp and ultra pigmented cat eye!
Some have mentioned that the product dries out in the pot. I haven't had that issue yet--if it helps, I store my pots upside down away from the sun, always put the cap on firmly, and remove product from the sides in and from the same area to prevent dry-out of other areas. You can also try depotting into a separate container, but I haven't had much luck with the 5g plastic ones that loose mineral eyeshadow samples come in, as the product dries out pretty much overnight in those. I ended up emptying out an old cream eyeliner that I never used (due to horrendous smudging) and depotted some of the Inglot gel into there. It's a frosted glass jar and I wonder if that might help prevent dry-out. If anyone has a good solution, I'd love to know! Inglot's Duraline is supposed to be able to revive the dried out liner, but I don't own Duraline so I'd like to just prevent dryout from even happening.
Overall, at $12 for 5.5g/0.19oz of product, it won't break the bank to give this one a try, particularly if you're oily-eyed and desperate for an eyeliner that won't smear on you in five minutes or less!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by cindyeexyz

Def not buy again. I tried it on my hand in their store, yes it's smudge free and i rubbed it so hard it won't go, so I was very excited to make my purchase and tried it right away when I got home. but guess what, once you use it on your eyelid (esp when your eyelid is a little oily), it smudges like crazy. I just put it on upper lash line and only 2 hours later, my lower lashline was so dirty... I used eye primer of course, it just didn't help.
Yes it is very black and matt. The texture is like liquid and goes on very smooth. Everything felt alright until I saw my "black under eye area". i need it to stay there! It's not super expensive.12 bucks is just a little bit above drugstore products. but meh, I still wasted my money! wish it could work!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kokopeli65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the Inglot gel liner in 77 (matte black) for the past 2 years and it is definately the best liner out there bar none for waterline use as well as on the upper lid. It lasts all day long from 6am until I take my makeup off at night and I never have to touch it up! It does set very fast but it blends well and is richly pigmented. I am a serious makeup junkie and I have tried everything out there but this is the best of the best and very reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by amoi

I looove this eyeliner! I was looking for another gel liner to replace my maybelline one (which I also loved..but wanted to try something else). and I am not disappointed what so ever.
This is really a true black and is definitely waterproof as I suffer from mild hayfever and watery eyes I need something that isnt going to smudge, and this didnt.
Also there is so much product in the pot I doubt I will ever run out!
Glides on smoothly and doesn't transfer onto upper-lid/brow bone.
I just would have liked the packaging to feel a bit sturdier, I know its minor but the plastic just makes the product feel a tad 'cheap'.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Perpleo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this gel eyeliner.
i only have it in white so far as i have mac's black track already but after getting the white i am definately getting the black and as many colours as i can :D
i bought the white with the intentions to do an art deco inspired eyeliner that was black and white winged liner but discovered it makes a great eyeshadow base when using bright eyeshadows, it really makes them pop

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by madcow216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is seriously the best gel liner I've tried! My eyes are extremely watery and this liner will NOT come off! If you're looking for a seriously waterproof liner, definitely try this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love. This is the best gel eyeliner I've ever used. It goes on smoothly, doesn't fade, and is waterproof. I haven't use it anywhere except my eyelid, I'm too chicken to put it on my waterline or tightline. It stays on all day and doesn't flake. I got it in brown and black and will restock when I run out. I assume it will go dry before I run out because the pot is HUGE and I use just a tiny bit each time. Inglot does sell a product to put in the pot to make it usable again if it dries, but I'm assuming a little saline would work too. Anyway, GREAT product, can't recommend it enough. I may expand my color selection to fancy colors, instead of my usual boring neutrals, because this is so easy to use and get right each time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY CRAP! This is my HG eyeliner, I've tried several but this beats them all hands down. I use this all the time in the black for my cat eye liner & I always get questions & compliments. My cousin even got it & she loves it too. I'm so happy you can now buy Inglot online, this is fairly inexpensive ($12) it's the shipping that really gets you. I have the MUFE Aqua Black cream & this is so much better, it's blacker, longer-lasting, better texture, way more budge-proof, waterproof & cheaper. I use this on my waterline also & it's the best I've found, I use an eyeliner sealer & a matte black eyeshadow to set it (I've tried the same method for other liners & this eyeliner is the best) it lasts all day/night without smearing or disappearing whatsoever! After a night of raving or partying my eyeliner is still perfect, it looks the exact same as when I applied it, even on my waterline. This product is my little secret! I am definitely going to get more colors

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by ellysem

AMAZING. Only way to describe this product. Purchased recently in the US as I don't think we stock inglot here in Australia.
Doesn't flake,smudge and is the perfect consistancy. so much better than Mac fluidline which I used to use previously.
Seriously try this eyeliner you won't regret it! It is also very cheap..I think I paid around $13?