April 17, 2014 | 1879 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

This review is for Bragg's Organic apple cider vinegar. I thought I was the only one who got had by the reviews. This stuff dries out my hair and on top of that, it really stinks! It takes several washes to get the smell completely off. I used the Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar brand diluted like everyone mentioned. Horrible is you are getting ready for a special event/date/wedding/party. The smell and dryness ruin it for my special day. Be careful when use Bragg's apple cider Vinegar internally. It is very corrosive to the teeth enamel. It is also very painful on the stomach due to the excessive acid. I get better result simply using lemon or lime to alkaline by body. Lemon has no nasty odor. You can dilute demon and it gives gorgeous result on skin hair and not too harsh on the stomach lining. If you are looking to put friendly probiotic bacterias into your body, you can use kefir , yogurt, fermented veggies such as kimchi. They are tasty , help your immune system, clear your skin, put healthy bacterias back into your system without the harshness , stinky, bad taste of vinegar. Same health benefits, without all the side effects. In addition, fermented veggies also give you fiber and extra vitamins and minerals and they help you to shed off the fat. I don't think these businesses want people to know that. be ware. beware of those reviews that only has a few reviews, no other history of reviews, or most of the reviews are on the same date to make it look like it has a history. Keep in mind that real reviews tend to have both pros and cons. If all the reviews are ravings , it's probably a fake. businesses are now buying reviews on many websites on the internet that specializes in selling reviews. Go to Fiverr and see how many Joe Dick and Harry are posting ads to do reviews for $5. That's only one website. There are a bunch of websites that specialize in doing paid reviews. They also hire people to do youtube video reviews for them. When a product get too many reviews and you don't know a single person who uses it. It's probably paid reviews bought and paid for my the business. be ware!!! Businesses know that you can get money on a patent on a man made product like Bragg's Vinegar but you cannot patent naturally grown a lemon straight from the earth.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by zerp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I feel totally ripped off by my once trusted makeupalley reviews.

After shampooing I got a mixture of 1 part acv to 4 part water and poured it over my head and ends and let it sit for a bit, then rinsed thoroughly. I was so excited to try it after reading all the reviews here.

Next day, my ends were like straw. They were dry and frizzly and extremely tangled. What the hell happened, makeupalley, I trusted you. Not anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed0327

first time i used this on my hair and wow, now it looks shinY:) have been using this for a month now for my acne and as what ive said before it does really work on my skin but i never really realized it's gonna work on my hair as well! ive read the previous reviews here when ACV is used as a conditioner but then i realized that since it stinks, what i did was i shampooed my hair first, rinsed, put on about 50 cc of acv undiluted, spreaded it all over my hair, put on my hair cap and left it for a couple of minutes then rinsed it(felt soft already), then i put on the conditioner to remove the smell and rinsed again.my hair turned out really shiny and i didnt even have to iron it to get it straight yeah, it works for the skin and hair-and i just love it already :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by LasVegasTia

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product inside and out (of my body lol)

Nothing like a shot of this apple cider vinegar after a meal to boost your digestive system
Nothing like this apple cider vinegar mixed with distilled water and/or ginger tea to clear up your skin!
Nothing like this ACV mixed with warm water to make my little sister (and dogs) hair shine after a shampoo!
I cannot wait to do some more investigations on "how to use" this wonderful wonderful product!
(makes amazing Dijon salad dressing too ;) )
I just wish the packaging came in Travel friendly size :( Im addicted!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by nwysca

Wow! Just, wow! I came on MUA to check for something to use on my hair and the ACV rinse worked AMAZINGLY well!

I was very hesitant to not use any other conditioner but this made my hair SUPER shiny and soft. I've read that it's recommended to be used only once a week and I really can't wait to do it again. And so cheap too!

How I used it:
I filled a spray bottle with half water, half ACV. I had some left over that I left in a measuring cup as well. I went in the shower and washed and rinsed my hair with shampoo as I normally do. Then, I squeezed the excess water out of my hair and sprayed on the ACV mix. I then poured the leftover ACV mix on my head. I left it to sit while I finished my shower and then rinsed it out completely and ended with a rinse of cool water.

Thank you so much MUA for getting me to try this!! HG material for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by zeusandcoco

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally bought ACV as I'd read a lot of the reviews on here about it clearing up acne, so I had high hopes it would have the same effect for me. I used it religiously for a few months with great results, but sadly after a few months it just stopped working.
It did help to clear up my puppy's 'teenage' acne too, however it was only a temporary fix also.
I think this method would most likely be suited to girls who wear a lot of make up or those who naturally have oily skin.
But my top marks for it are because of how well it clarifies my hair. I have recently read up on the horrible effects of animal testing so have refused to continue using my half-used bottle of Matrix Normalising Shampoo for this very reason. ACV does the same job and is a tenth of the price, no it doesn't smell the best but I'd rather deal with a bit of smell than knowing I'm contributing to the horrible and unnecessary process of animal testing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I generally buy the Bragg's version and I love it. It has multiple uses for me. I can use it to clarify my hair, make my own acne toner, salad dressings, mixed with honey and water to make a detoxifying drink, or put in bath water to soothe itchy skin. Yes, it smells strong but somehow I have built a tolerance for it. I usually pick up a bottle from my local health food store. It removes build-up from the scalp and hair which makes it good for those who suffer from dandruff or itchy scalp. It didn't cause any problems for my hair when it was color-treated. I just made sure to have a higher ratio of water to it. I would pour the solution into a spray bottle then spray it onto my hair before shampooing, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual. My hair came out shiny and the vinegar smell was gone. Bragg's comes in a glass bottle, so be cautious. I once had a bottle slip from my hands and smash onto my kitchen floor. Let's just say that wasn't fun to clean up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I've been using ACV now for about three years to remove product build up from my hair/scalp. I mix 4 oz of ACV to 4 cups of water and pour it over my hair/scalp allowing it to sit for about 3 minutes after I massage it around my hair/scalp. It leaves my hair very clean and shiny. I use this mixture twice a month. I've even started using it on my face as a toner since I have combination skin and it really does rid my skin of blemishes and makes it feel nice, clean and smooth. I place ACV on a cotton ball and add a little water and apply it to my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

I have tried ACV rinses several times because they get such great reviews, and time & time again I hate them for my hair. My fine, oily hair does not react well to ACV, heavily diluted or not. And I HATE the smell. Supposedly you are not supposed to be able to smell it after rinsing, but I do and it makes me sort of sick. I have also tried it for dye releasing my henna and the smell was so bad, I switched to lemon juice and have never done dye release with ACV again. It's supposed to be conditioning, but I find it to be drying. All vinegars are not created equal, though, so if you use it, quality is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by AtotheC

I started using this as a toner for my face a couple months ago. I just had a baby and my hormones were all out of whack and made me break out BAD. I've never had acne before beiregnant it sucked. It also left some pretty gnarly acne scars. Well my face is under control now. Haven't had a break out since. My scars are also clearing up. Not completely gone but nothing a little concealer can't fix. Before the scars were so bad nothing could cover them up. This stuff does smell but you get over it. Oh I bought the Heinz brand it has "the mother" stuff in it for like 3$ at Walmart. I also use it as a hair rinse once a week and my hair is awesome and shiny. This stuff really works :-)