August 28, 2014 | 1671 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Lilly13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's just INCREDIBLE... period. I could not stop the itching on my lower legs. I thought it was a shaving issue (tried everything... brand new razors ea. time, moisturizer as shave cream, just everything). And then I thought it was just extreme dry skin so tried all the heavy duty moisturizers I could find but NOTHING stopped the itching until THIS!! I can't believe it! In one or maybe two uses - the itching is over. I am sooo happy! Thanks Curel!!! If you itch, RUN - do not walk - to find this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by marybob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is saving someones itchy winter skin right now! I read the reviews and tested this on a suffering friend. Everybody is Happy and I'm amazed that this works. Many things have failed, including Rx stuff. Maybe its the tapioca starch!? ingredient. I am hoping this is not discontinued like every good product seems to be. Reasonable price and readily available. Give it a go for your problem skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Thena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first time with a Curel product. Some time ago, I had itchy, dry and flaking skin all over my body due to an allergic reaction and picked this up having read good reviews about Curel. Every year, I get itchy legs/thighs from being out in the cold. This really helps with that. It does feel more like a cream and it is thicker than other body lotions. It kept my skin really smooth as I recovered and a little helps a long way. It absorbs quickly and not heavily. I feel it lasts most of the day/night. It is very fragrance free and that is always a big plus for me.

One con with this is the parabens. Price: I was lucky to get mine on sale for less than $6CAD, but it's around $10-12 otherwise. That is same as Vaseline, Dove or Nivea (which I also like), but I do think it works better than most so is worth the price and repurchase. Just stock up when it is on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ohno1

Although I don't have eczema, I have extremely itchy, dry skin on my upper arms, lower legs and back. Even when it does not feel noticeably dry, it is still itchy. I have tried so many lotions in every price range for this - like another reviewer said, I would scratch my lower legs - sometimes even in my sleep - so much that they would bleed and I now have some light scarring. Even besides the scarring, having scabs and scaly skin on your calves is not the best.

This lotion feels incredible. Going on, it really is like silk - thick but sinks in easily, no strong smell - perfect. It seriously soothes my skin like no other lotion ever has. Unless in the future it starts to break my skin out, I think I might have found my HG lotion. I can't even remember the last time my skin hasn't felt at all itchy. Please never let this be DCed!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by saedasajida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

If you've Itchy , Eczema skin TRY this First before anything else.
My 6 yr old has eczema since she was 5 months old...She would always have very dry , itchy skin .And the eczema would flare - up every now and then... Every time we go to the doctor , she always advises us to go with either Hydrocortisone or Elidel ( non - steroid ) on the flare -ups and other OTC creams like Eucerin or Cetaphil on the non - eczema skin...I've never heard the name Curel from her or from any other pediatricians, to be honest...

So anyway I'm Glad i found this...It works like a MIRACLE on my daughter's eczema skin... Though it is a lotion , it's very richly textured like a cream... The first time when i put it on her she said " Mommy , this one feels silky " .

It's got " National Eczema Association accepted " stamp in it.

Even with flare -ups I'm sending her to swim classes bcoz i got this " magic cream " ...Yeah , this lotion controls and takes care of her itchiness and flare- ups...

It is even better than Aveeno's Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream ... In fact it has replaced all the Steroids and other OTC Topical creams.

Very cheap .. 20 fl oz for like $12 ...

My only problem is it's got parabens . So i'm not gonna use it on her when she does not have eczema flare -ups.

One more thing , they changed the bottle color to white and the name to " Curel ( Dermatological Science ) Itch Defense Lotion for Dry , Itchy skin "... But the ingredients remain the same.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have eczema but there are times when my lower legs are insatiably itchy, it drives me crazy & over the yrs I've scratched scars into my shins & ankles that I wish I could undo.

I've tried so many lotions that claimed to be moisturizing - most of them either left me DRY or left me uncomfortably greasy. None of them have stopped the itch. Relief was very temporary at best (including my former favorite Curel Natural Healing lotion, which I'm now about to ditch).

I thought this Itch Defense was likely another gimick & didn't believe it would work...until my sister bought some for her 5yr old son & I tried it on my legs. OMG it really works. One application quenched my itchy legs all day & so far the itch hasn't returned yet (3 days later). This lotion blows every other lotion off the face of this earth.

I'm jealous of the reviewers who got their lotion for $6-$7...I paid $9 for mine (13oz pump bottle) but I'm happy to have it at whatever price! I don't know what ingredient does the job so well (is it the tapioca starch?) but it's awesome

Plus I absolutely love that this lotion is entirely scentless.
A lotion (cortisone-free) that's serious about its anti-itch claims - finally!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:43:00 AM More reviews by cessnovember

I have horrible eczema on my hands and face, this problem only became worse with the harsh New England weather. I bought this when it first came out due to its "acceptance" by the National Eczema Association, and true to its claims, it works wonderfully. It's the best thing out there, short of a steroid cream, but I've found out that it works wonders on general dry skin as well. I've no need for any other moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by antipopprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Best body lotion, hands down! I suffer from eczema (it is the worst on my hands) and this doesn't mix well with bitter, Mid-Western winters. I had a particularly extreme flare-up this past winter and needed something in a pinch. I bought this on an impulse while out grocery shopping. I have tried so many lotions ranging from the insanely expensive to the ultra cheap to keep my skin in check but nothing had really helped and if it did help it was only temporary and the flare-ups would come back within a couple of weeks. Needless to say, I didn't have high expectations for this in the beginning but after a couple of days my hands had done a complete 180. The cracking was gone and the redness was disappearing. This has kept my skin happy for months now. I have even used it on the spots of eczema that creep up in the corners of my nose and around my hairline and on diaper rash/irritation. I am so happy I decided to try this lotion and recommend to my family and friends who have dry/sensitive skin issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Clalog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Esta locion de cuerpo es maravillosa..!!!! Estaba harta de la resequedad en mi piel, pues tenia que untarme crema de cortizona para que parara la comezon por las noches..Era un horror pues no me dejaba dormir..Y en el dia no queria ni salir porque me daba vergüenza estarme razcando todo el tiempo.

Pero un buen dia, recorde que una amiga (que es de piel sencible) me habia comentado que esta crema era una maravilla, asi que al ver la nueva presentacion anti itch, me aventure...

Me atrevo a decir sin lugar a duda, que esta crema es lo mejor que ha recibido mi piel.
En cuanto la unte en mi piel, desaparecieron como por arte de magia los picones de resequedad, mi piel la chupo como esponja al agua y senti un alivio inmediato..
Dejandome la piel sumamente sedosa, humectada, y son una elasticidad jamas vista..

La recomiendo a toda la gente que conozco y/o se queja de piel seca...
De verdad que es la octava maravilla!!..ojalá y nunca dejen de venderla.!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by 3kids07

I absolutely LOVE this lotion!! I had never bought any Curel lotion before but in the winter I suffer from very dry and itchy skin. I would sometimes have to take a Benadryl to be able to sleep at night. I really don't care for a body butter too much-unless it's Yes to Carrots which was my go to before this but it still didn't get rid of all the itch. This does. It's creamy-scent free-and hydrates better than Olay, Dove, or Vaseline. The itch relief was instant-in the first application. As another person said it was a AHHHHHH feeling. Wonderful. The price is great too-I will buy this forever if Curel will keep making it!