Curel Itch Defense Skin Balancing Moisture Lotion

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Tapioca Starch, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG/PPG 17/6 Copolymer, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Cetyl PG Hydroxyethyl Palmitamide, Bis Methoxyproplamido Isodocosane, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution.

on 6/16/2012 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff! Any time my skin gets that dry itchy sensation this cures it with one rubdown! And it's so nourishing!

on 6/6/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So when winter came around and the weather became cold and dry, my skin started to itch like crazy (everywhere and at different places each time - back, shoulders, legs, arms etc). I don't have eczema, but my skin became so sensitive to the point where if I absentmindedly scratched it, my skin would becoming lumpy and gross looking (though it comes and goes). It would start to itch at night before I sleep - and sometimes I wake myself up from scratching! This never happened before and I have no idea why it started this year. But anyway - I tried different moisturizers and body wash that was meant to be for dry and sensitive skin, but none helped. So I hopped onto MUA and came across this product. After reading such positive reviews, I ordered one myself online (I am unable to buy this in retail stores here).

It works perfect! After a week of using it after shower, my itchiness reduced by a whole lot. In fact, since I stopped itching, I stopped using this product because I'm lazy. A couple of days after - I started to itch like mad again. I took out my bottle of Curel Moisture Lotion again and again - I stopped itching after another week of using it.

I've been using it every day since (have been so for almost a month now) and I haven't had any itching problems. Maybe one or two minor ones every now and then, but it doesn't bother me as much anymore. It works like magic.

The only downside is that it can feel a little creamy/heavy for those who aren't used to using body moisturizers. I never liked using them because I felt too "icky" when I put my clothes on afterwards - but you get used to it, and a bit of "ickiness" beats mad itchiness any day! I only use it once a day (after shower) and it seems to last a long time. It's a pretty big bottle for very decent price imo (compared to all those branded cosmetics that can cost hundreds of dollars for a tiny amount!).

Would definitely purchase again.

on 6/3/2012 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this on my children which have had histories of Ezcema, They currently do not but I still use this lotion because it is so great, clean feeling and keeps their skin from drying out. I do wish it was paraben free but otherwise I love it!`

on 5/25/2012 3:31:00 PM

It's just INCREDIBLE... period. I could not stop the itching on my lower legs. I thought it was a shaving issue (tried everything... brand new razors ea. time, moisturizer as shave cream, just everything). And then I thought it was just extreme dry skin so tried all the heavy duty moisturizers I could find but NOTHING stopped the itching until THIS!! I can't believe it! In one or maybe two uses - the itching is over. I am sooo happy! Thanks Curel!!! If you itch, RUN - do not walk - to find this stuff!

on 1/28/2012 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This is saving someones itchy winter skin right now! I read the reviews and tested this on a suffering friend. Everybody is Happy and I'm amazed that this works. Many things have failed, including Rx stuff. Maybe its the tapioca starch!? ingredient. I am hoping this is not discontinued like every good product seems to be. Reasonable price and readily available. Give it a go for your problem skin.

on 1/21/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my first time with a Curel product. Some time ago, I had itchy, dry and flaking skin all over my body due to an allergic reaction and picked this up having read good reviews about Curel. Every year, I get itchy legs/thighs from being out in the cold. This really helps with that. It does feel more like a cream and it is thicker than other body lotions. It kept my skin really smooth as I recovered and a little helps a long way. It absorbs quickly and not heavily. I feel it lasts most of the day/night. It is very fragrance free and that is always a big plus for me.

One con with this is the parabens. Price: I was lucky to get mine on sale for less than $6CAD, but it's around $10-12 otherwise. That is same as Vaseline, Dove or Nivea (which I also like), but I do think it works better than most so is worth the price and repurchase. Just stock up when it is on sale.

on 11/25/2011 1:51:00 PM

Although I don't have eczema, I have extremely itchy, dry skin on my upper arms, lower legs and back. Even when it does not feel noticeably dry, it is still itchy. I have tried so many lotions in every price range for this - like another reviewer said, I would scratch my lower legs - sometimes even in my sleep - so much that they would bleed and I now have some light scarring. Even besides the scarring, having scabs and scaly skin on your calves is not the best.

This lotion feels incredible. Going on, it really is like silk - thick but sinks in easily, no strong smell - perfect. It seriously soothes my skin like no other lotion ever has. Unless in the future it starts to break my skin out, I think I might have found my HG lotion. I can't even remember the last time my skin hasn't felt at all itchy. Please never let this be DCed!!

on 6/24/2011 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you've Itchy , Eczema skin TRY this First before anything else.
My 6 yr old has eczema since she was 5 months old...She would always have very dry , itchy skin .And the eczema would flare - up every now and then... Every time we go to the doctor , she always advises us to go with either Hydrocortisone or Elidel ( non - steroid ) on the flare -ups and other OTC creams like Eucerin or Cetaphil on the non - eczema skin...I've never heard the name Curel from her or from any other pediatricians, to be honest...

So anyway I'm Glad i found this...It works like a MIRACLE on my daughter's eczema skin... Though it is a lotion , it's very richly textured like a cream... The first time when i put it on her she said " Mommy , this one feels silky " .

It's got " National Eczema Association accepted " stamp in it.

Even with flare -ups I'm sending her to swim classes bcoz i got this " magic cream " ...Yeah , this lotion controls and takes care of her itchiness and flare- ups...

It is even better than Aveeno's Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream ... In fact it has replaced all the Steroids and other OTC Topical creams.

Very cheap .. 20 fl oz for like $12 ...

My only problem is it's got parabens . So i'm not gonna use it on her when she does not have eczema flare -ups.

One more thing , they changed the bottle color to white and the name to " Curel ( Dermatological Science ) Itch Defense Lotion for Dry , Itchy skin "... But the ingredients remain the same.

on 5/31/2011 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't have eczema but there are times when my lower legs are insatiably itchy, it drives me crazy & over the yrs I've scratched scars into my shins & ankles that I wish I could undo.

I've tried so many lotions that claimed to be moisturizing - most of them either left me DRY or left me uncomfortably greasy. None of them have stopped the itch. Relief was very temporary at best (including my former favorite Curel Natural Healing lotion, which I'm now about to ditch).

I thought this Itch Defense was likely another gimick & didn't believe it would work...until my sister bought some for her 5yr old son & I tried it on my legs. OMG it really works. One application quenched my itchy legs all day & so far the itch hasn't returned yet (3 days later). This lotion blows every other lotion off the face of this earth.

I'm jealous of the reviewers who got their lotion for $6-$7...I paid $9 for mine (13oz pump bottle) but I'm happy to have it at whatever price! I don't know what ingredient does the job so well (is it the tapioca starch?) but it's awesome

Plus I absolutely love that this lotion is entirely scentless.
A lotion (cortisone-free) that's serious about its anti-itch claims - finally!

on 5/30/2011 2:43:00 AM

I have horrible eczema on my hands and face, this problem only became worse with the harsh New England weather. I bought this when it first came out due to its "acceptance" by the National Eczema Association, and true to its claims, it works wonderfully. It's the best thing out there, short of a steroid cream, but I've found out that it works wonders on general dry skin as well. I've no need for any other moisturizer.

Popular Lotions / Creams