August 29, 2014 | 1796 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mystash

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The store I bought this from doesn't sell the pump. It's too hard to get out of the bottle. I like that it is sheer, and the color Syracuse was the one I bought. Unfortunately I got itchy from it. I have oily AND sensitive skin, so it's hard for me to find an oil control foundation that doesn't itch my face. I hoped this would be the one, but no.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by amandagavin1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of Nars products its one of the few brands that match my really pale skin, I bought this in siberia (the lightest shade) and at first it seemed really great, it has a matte finish and a light/medium coverage but it is buildable. I wanted something less heavy than Estee Lauder's double wear because as much as I loved it it caused me to break out badly and you needed a chisel to get it off.

The main upside is the colour as it really matches perfectly but the product does seem to gather in my pores after a couple of hours and eventually slides off my face which is odd for a matte foundation. Even when my skin isn't particularly dry it clings to patches around my nose which is very obvious being such a light colour.

I think this foundation would suit someone with skin less prone to breakouts. The packaging is useless without a pump. I am still wearing it a couple of times a week under a primer which helps a little but I wont be buying it again, its not worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by iceskater719

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First i'd like to say i only rated the packaging a 5 because i bought the pump. without the pump it would be terrible. I really love this foundation. i dont use it anymore because i bought the wrong color but if i had it would be great. the only downside to this is that it rubs off. i could just wipe my hand on my face and my finger would be covered in it. this is great for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by izzaphilia

I only got a sample bottle, which had a spatula for application. It glided smoothly on my skin, with nothing else underneath. I set it with my Ben Nye Banana powder. I didn't give it much expectation for good outcome, and I couldn't believe how great it turned out! My usually slick face by 4 hours didn't make me pull out a blotting paper! Awesome. I also got the perfect shade for me. Buildable coverage light to medium. I didn't experience the balling up of the product as some commenters experienced. The only down side is the price. I want to wear it for not-so-occassion occasions, like once or twice a week and perfect for the no makeup makeup look. It does seem worth saving up for.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Allan5j

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like most makeup alley addicts, I'm in search of my HG foundation. I have never written a review but given how badly my skin has reacted to this, I needed to share my experience. Having used the product for 5 wks, heres my feedback

Pros:
good colour

Cons:
Caused me to continually breakout...even in areas whereby I have not broken out before.
Concealer needed
Not matt -This should not be called matt makeup. Powder is required after a couple of hours.

I would not recommend this

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Viclit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this foundation when i heard Joyce Beneli uses the sheer glow on kim kardashian. (i'm oily so i dont think i could get away with the glow version)..So i'm usually an NW 20 in mac foundations, and the lady at sephora matched me for the shade gobi. Let me just say that this color is AWFUL. I'm pretty sure thats the second lightest shade. Anyway, i heard such great things about this product but it was such a let down. I felt like i was putting a cheap tinted moisturizer on.. THUMBS DOWN ON THIS ONE :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had the pump version of this fir my application hour, hood and hygienic. I used this on a couple of models for a fashion gig and it applied beautifully with a normal flat foundation brush followed by a latex sponge to blend it all seamlessly. At first I wasn't too confident with this product but judging throughout the day and into the night, it did actually last (using a nars micro powder in translucent with the exception of a shiny forehead in five hours). These models had clear skin with the occasional redness on cheeks which vanished completely after applying foundation. Only a few had pimples. I would say that it did look good on skin that were dry but one model whom I did not apply this product to, had blotchy patches so maybe it's not for those with extremely dry skin. I haven't try extremely acne yet but I'll grab a sample and try it out on a friend to see if it'll work. Price is steep, selling at $68 a bottle from Mecca in Australia - definitely light to medium, buildable.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ComplexChameleon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great light-medium coverage foundation that has a beautiful natural finish. It doesn't keep me as matte as I'd like, but I am very oily and I do notice that I am less oily after a few hours than with other foundations. I have very yellow undertones and NARS is one of the few foundation lines that I have found a warm enough colour in (Stromboli). I do wish this foundation had more coverage, although it evens out my skintone and makes my pores look smaller. Also, I tried a sample but it seems like the bottle is really difficult to work with. Overall I may end up purchasing this foundation for casual everyday wear if I can't find something that's fuller coverage/more mattifying and still a good match.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by diana342910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First I have very oily skin all over all the year round special of summer and I have acne prone this foundation is my favorite because last all day and look so pretty and is not heavy foundation I been using since 2009 and still I use it and keep buy it again my shade is Tahoe is perfect shade the only thing is need to buy the pump but I still love I never change for other foundation. And this foundation don't breakout my face

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ElenaMis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to love this foundation but I can't. I have combination skin but this product on me is really cakey. It was my fault for buying it before trting it at home, first and last time I make this awful error, but, I mean, with combination/oily skin why this foundation looks so powdery on me?
Really a pity, for 40 euro it was absolutely disappointing.
If I notice some change in future application, maybe in another period of the year, I'll edit my review.