September 1, 2014 | 1571 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been DYING to try this eyeliner only because I heard it was wonderful as a waterproof and long lasting eyeliner. I wasn't willing to pay the $19 for one eyeliner and then I found the set of the three minis at Ulta. It was definitely what I was looking for and I got to try three different shades at one time. I got the shades, Zero, Demolition, and Rockstar. I don't really care too much for Zero, I don't really know how to explain it, but it's just not that great of a black eyeliner. I don't feel like the formula is the same as the rest and the staying power is not as good. I usually tightline my eyes when I use eyeliner and Zero definitely transferred before I got to line my waterline. It was ridiculous. Now Demolition and Rockstar are different. I absolutely love the fact that Demolition is a matte brown. It works great for everyday use. It's dark enough that I can use to smudge for a smokey eye look, but it's light enough to use it every day. I just love it. and Rockstar is the same way. I would definitely repurchase this eyeliner set again, but I'll probably end up swapping Zero almost every single time. I just can't get into this eyeliner shade.

The eyeliners are very creamy and are very smudgable if you want to do so. I love using them on my waterline and they tend to last all day long if I need them too. Definitely worth the $19 for the set if you ask me.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I expected more from these liners. UD is not a bottom of the barrel brand. I bought the 3pack set with the black, brown and plum liners. Really looked forward to trying them. Used the black...had raccoon eyes approximately 3 hours after application. I have an office job, so it's not like I am hauling boxes or something that might make me sweat. I used primer. Tried the brown, same deal..really UD? Seriously, my Maybelline liner does a better job. Very disappointed. I plan on returning these this weekend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for all 24/7 eyeliner pencils in general. In the past, the 24/7 used to be the go-to eyeliner pencils. However, I felt that UD had stagnant-ed at its current position and did not really improved the formulation of the pencils, so MANY other brands had caught up with it. I have since found other brands of pencils which draws more easily without tugging at my lids, dries as quickly, lasts as long, and removes as quickly as the UD 24/7 pencils. I still gave it a 4 though, because it is a good pencil, no doubt, just that other brands had caught up to give it a good run for its money, and I like the range of colors available for the 24/7 pencils. :) My HG pencils are the Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen(cil), Shiseido Integrate Kira Wink Gel Liner (Asia-exclusive brand) and THREE Flash Performance Eyeliner Pencil (Currently a Japan-exclusive brand). I reach for my UD 24/7s only when I am using a less commonly found color.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I thought it would stay on my waterline. I was wrong. My Mac technakohl lasts longer on my waterline than this does. However this DOES stay on the last lines very well, probably for close to 24 hours. I'm sure this would be great for someone who only uses eyeliner on the lash lines but this does not work for what I need eyeliner to do. Also when I use this on my upper lash line it transfers to my crease area, like right below my eyebrows. This works best for me on my lower lash line. I bought this on at ulta for $16 with a $3 off coupon in perversion and I also have this in the light shimmery blue color (forgot the name) on eBay for $16. I believe the usual price everywhere is 19 or 20. The light blue color is really pretty and goes well with my brown eyes and I wear it during the summer mostly. I like that it goes on really creamy and never skips. Also I love how dark a black perversion is. I use my Mac sharpener with this and it's ok but it doesn't work the best with this. You need a sharpener that can work with a very soft pencil like this. I will finish the pencils I have but probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil has got to be one of the most popular eyeliners on the market. Almost everyone has tried this pencil, Urban Decay wouldn't have it any other way, they include it as a gift with purchase with almost every palette they sell! A lot of people absolutely swear by these eyeliners, so I was very excited to try Zero. Urban Decay says that their 24/7 Eyeliners are "the best eye pencils ever, ever, ever! Never before has a pencil been this creamy and brilliant been waterproof too! Velvety soft, this never before seen formula stays soft and creamy for blending, then dries down to a long lasting finish that will not budge. Created with 50% moisturizing ingredients suspended in a sophisticated waterproof formula, 24/7 Eye Pencils offer long lasting color and a dreamy, creamy feel when applied. With jojoba oil, vitamin e, and cottonseed oil." Urban Decay offers 24 shades of their 24/7 Glide On Pencils. I got a .8g (.03oz) mini pencil as a gift with purchase at Ulta. This mini pencil has a value of roughly $10. The full sized 1.2g (.04oz) pencil retails for $19. Urban Decay products can be bought at Sephora, Ulta, the brand's website, and I believe some department stores. Urban Decay is a cruelty free brand that offers a large selection of vegan products (including the subject of this review!). This eyeliner was made in Germany.
I feel like Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil's packaging is almost iconic in a way. We've all seen it, and immediately recognize it. The traditional wood pencil is always coated in a color that matches the product, in Zero's case, it's black. The Urban Decay and 24/7 logos grace the front of the pencil, along with the shade name. A bit of general information can be found on the back. This pencil is topped by a silver plastic cap that stays on firmly, guaranteeing that the creamy formula will stay that way.
I have heard so many of my favorites bloggers rave and rave about Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencils, so I expected to be absolutely blown away by it. Was I? Well..to be honest, no. Upon first swatch I was very underwhelmed. I couldn't believe how average this eyeliner is! It's not bad, but it also doesn't seem any better than my drugstore eyeliners. The texture is soft and creamy as promised, and it really does glide on like the name suggest, but I've used even smoother eyeliners. This eyeliner stays put perfectly on the lash lines, but it's waterline wear time is only slightly better than average. I get roughly 4-5 hours of wear on the waterline and 8-9 on the lash line. This eyeliner smudges out no problem and sets after about 45 seconds. My real disappointment with Zero is that isn't very dark. I guess that's what Perversion is for, but still. Urban Decay calls Zero a "zealous black", but I'd call it more of a soft black. I've heard so many YouTube gurus and bloggers say that Zero is sooooo black. What other black eyeliners have they been using?
By no means is Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil a bad product, but I feel really disappointed. This was my first high end eyeliner and I expected it to be super fantastic, and unfortunately I feel that this eyeliner's quality is on par with drugstore eyeliners. Actually I find Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Pencil to be shockingly similar to Covergirl's Liquiline Blast pencil! I'll contine to use this black eyeliner, I'll even finish it, most likely, but I won't repurchase it. I've already found my favorite black eyeliner. If you like to spend a bit more on makeup, you've probably already tried this product, but if not it's worth checking into. That being said, I don't feel like this ia must have product, and not worth my $20, especially when I've found a near spot on drugstore dupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Cullenbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeliner! Really pigmented, very good colour selection, although it is fairly pricey. I have a mini bourbon (brown with gold glitter) and full size lust (electric purple). I do wish I had picked black instead of lust but at the time I thought lust was appropriate to bring out my brown eyes. This does smudge but if you set it with eyeshadow it will not budge. Lasts all day and no need to tug or pull on your eyelids. I do wish it lasted "24/7" though. Does not last on your waterline.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by huhjenni

I have pretty dry eyes but this still smudged. Maybe I have watery eyes? Although it is called the "24/7" pencil, it does not last that long. It smudged on me after about 2 hours. I used it as a base one time for a smokey eye on my lid but it came down to my lower lash line, giving me a slight raccoon look. And when I do use this on my waterline, it travels down to my face!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by BDfangirl

I have the dual end 24/7 liner that was available at Sephora. The two colors are Zero (grayed black) and Whiskey (sort of a copper brown). I LOVE this pencil! The colors do stay on my oily lids even without primer, but I don't put them on my waterline and I will add this caveat: they smear for a while when first applied. You have to apply one line at a time then DON'T move around or rub your eyes for a minute or two. After that, they stay all day and into the night! I love that these pencils are soft and don't irritate my eyes or skin, and I'm also a big fan of the dual end packaging for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Neonstrawbezzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner Pencil from Urban Decay, is the BEST eyeliner yet! To be honest there is no cons, its easy to remove and apply . Fair packaging, Works GREAT for the waterline and lower lashline. Goes on smoothly, I recommend this product for anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by SnappyLeeLee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really feel like I wasted my money on this product. There was so much hype that was so off. It does not last 24/7, it smudges quickly and the packaging is horrible. I guess they put an indention in the top that cuts into the pencil..IDK It was just bad. It seemed to melt from sitting on my makeup stand. I had to stick it in the freezer and even then.....it smudged...HORRIBLY. I will go back to using Rimmel, which is way, way cheaper and actually doesn't smudge.