April 18, 2014 | 1993 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Totally Toffee

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's so good I'm going to get a a back-up. I've been on the lookout for the perfect nude lip color and I think this may be it! it's creamy and doesn't highlight every imperfection on my lips and the color is just the perfect nude for my skin tone. It might be too pigmented for light girls who want that concealer effect, but for us light tan to dark girls it is gorgeous. It has the right amount of pink and brown in it so that I don't look washed out and it's a great lip option when I wear a heavier eye look (or even when i don't). I am generally willing to spend more money for high-end brands and have done so in the past looking for my perfect nude- glad I don't have to splurge to get this. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

If I were to wear a 'nude' shade, this would be one of the very few shades of lipstick I would wear. It's not exactly 'nude', but proper nude shades just wash me out, and just looks like I have dabbed concealer on my lips. This however, has a bit of a mauve/pink tone to it which I think works better for my skin-tone. The name is a little misleading, I was expecting more of a caramel colour because of 'toffee', but that doesn't matter. Took off a lippy for the bad chemical smell of this lipstick. Quite moisturizing though. Great for everyday wear, and with darker eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mlbb for sure! Very pigmented and moisturizing. Color comes out almost pink mauve with a brown undertone with a slight shimmer.I wear this lippie for a natural lip. Tastes kinda funky but you get used to it. Def will repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by mich52331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a medium pinky-brown with subtle undertones of brown and golden. The pigmentation is excellent and lasts a very long time on the lips. Not too dark, not too light---it just makes me look put together. I'm a redhead and this is a great everyday shade for me. This lipstick feels and looks more expensive than it is. The texture is a thick cream that can feel a bit heavy or sticky if you aren't used to it. The only qualm I have is the smell. It smells like dirt or clay. I cough for the first few minutes after I put this on! Very strange. But otherwise excellent quality for a low price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

I love this lipstick. It's pretty moisturizing and lasts all day unlike other lipstick which fades so quickly and leaves terrible lipstick mark on the edge of my lips. This lipstick stays !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

Lovely mauve (pink/brown) in the tube. Of course on my pigmented lips it turns a bright reddish mauve (like all other lippies). I suppose it's a MLBB shade, but it's not muted enough for my conservative taste. $5.04 at Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kilyblst08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm giving it four lippies, just because I think the color itself would look gorgeous on other skin tones and I like the CS formula. This color sadly washes me out and doesn't give my lips any definition at all. I was hoping for more of a caramel toffee as shown in the photos, but this pulls a mauve-toned brown nude on me; quite unflattering for NC20/25. It's a pretty nude shade, but in no way on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I actually don't know how to describe this color. It IS natural/nude-ish, it IS sort of brown-y, but there's also a warm, pink-ish undertone. It's very, very similar to my natural lip color but it does give my lips somewhat more 'omph' by adding extra pigmentation and evening out the color. I can easily see this lipstick being used every day, especially during the fall.

My suggestion to anyone new to this particular lipstick is to wear it lightly for a lovely, pink-nude-brown finish because it will pull NOTICEABLY brown if you apply it thickly.

Overall, it's a great "my lips but better" color. It's quickly becoming one of my go-to colors for when I go to work! (ALSO, it is a very close dupe of Mac Hug Me and is the same finish, too!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by sululu

Hmmm, on me this shade is MLB...NOT...B? It has just enough brown to make me look washed out. A touch more pink and it would have worked with my complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

Overall, this is probably one of my favorite lipsticks. I usually wear the long wearing or glosses but in the winter I like a regular tube lipstick. Usually I find they wear off on me rather quickly, this one being no exception, but I like this enough that it isn't a problem for me with more frequent application. This is a perfect light brown neutral for me. I'm rather fair but on darker skin tones this would be a great nude color. On me it's a natural color that gives me a great finished and polished look. I like everything about it, the way it feels, looks, and applies. It doesn't bleed on me either the way most tube lipsticks do. I definitely will buy again.