September 30, 2014 | 1755 users online

Liquid - Max Factor - Second Skin [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by missemilina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely rubbish. Tried the tester in the shop and felt satisfied with the colour match (Cream ivory, I have very pale skin) so went ahead and bought it as I needed a new foundation.
    Firstly, this foundation dries super quickly so it's difficult to blend really well, and if you're slow then you get these disgusting 'dried on' patches of colour.
    I do my foundation in bright sunlight (in the summer months anyway) which hopefully gives me a better visual representation of what my make up is actually going to look like, as I hate wearing 'visible' foundation. Anyway, when first applied (if blended properly) it looks perfect, doesn't really accentuate dry patches and has fairly good coverage.
    This is all wonderful, but then after about an hour or so - the foundation oxidises to the point it goes orangey brown, and makes my skin feel horrible, as well as highlighting any dry/oily patches.
    Never ever had this problem with a foundation before, would have given it a much higher rating if it wasn't such a jekyll and hyde.

Price is ridiculous for what it is, packaging looks cheap too. Benefit foundations are cheaper and much more effective, Revlon PhotoReady is around the same price and also much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Poyntonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the lightest shade in the range and I love it! It goes on really smoothly and matches my skin tone really well, giving me a subtle, dewy finish. It doesn't get full marks because it doesn't last all day, but until I find somethng that lasts I'll keep using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by AmalieJK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this. I really like Max Factors foundations and i only use three different ones from the brand - Colour adapt, age renew and miracle touch - deppending on what coverage i need :) So, i thought i would trie this. Because i only use Max factor i now what color i am, couse the colors are the same througout the different foundations. So i tried the golden one, and i was horrorfied! It looked like i had put som wierd grey'ish brown blob on my cheeck. It did NOT macth my skin tone and it did not blende at alle. It wouldnt, it couldnt. It was like it dried mega quickly and just clung too my skin! My mother also bought it in a lighter shade, so i tried hers and it was exactly the same just a bit lighter wierd color. Im really hating this product, and i cant believe hown different it is too the other once from the same brand. would never ever buy this again, and i throug the rest out.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by oscarlovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Did an average job. Worked well with my colour, but did dry my face out, and stuck to dry patches. Made my pores look bigger. Wasnt too good at blending into my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by LucyHayes

At first this product seemed good. A pretty average foundation really, but i didn't really need it to do anything special. It comes out nice and thick, goes on well, and made my skin appear slightly more flawless. But, when i applied it to my cheeks and around my jawline, the slightly dryer areas of my face, the product appeared orange and streaky. After a while i was only applying around my t-zone, before giving up completely and going back to my trusty old mac. Shame, because max factors mascaras are good, I thought there foundations would be. Really, only their mascaras are any good.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by dodeduckie

i really wanted to like this foundation. when i first put it on everything seemed fantastic: it blended in beautifully, it seemed light enough for my skin tone and also covered okay. the foundation smells like plastic but i thought i could tolerate that. well, i looked in the mirror after a few hours and got a shock. my face was orange! the foundation oxidized soooo much :( it's sad that i spend 17€ on a foundation i will never be able to wear again...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by sammielouisexo

I really liked this product. I am currently using it, and am loving it. It gives a nice even coverage and it has a lovely colour to it which is good considering im pale so i need some colour to my skin. I really like this product and will definetly be using it again until i find something else i love just as much! x x

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2010 5:55:00 AM More reviews by glitterattii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this one in the shade Blushing Beige. Upon application, it looks very natural. Even when you add more product, it doesn't look like you're wearing makeup.

It doesn't last very long, though. Plus it gave me A LOT of blackheads! I hate how I got blackheads even in areas where they don't usually show up.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by iLikeYourRonnie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i disliked this product. However, that does have something to do with my own carelessness.
    having read in a magazine that this foundation was really good-specifically, it illuminated the face, without having the appearance of foundation-i rushed out to purchase it. i returned home, with eagerness (and a much lighter pocket-i dont know about pricing elsewhere but thie cost me 15-18eur in Ireland, a big investment for a teen with no regular income!). i put it on and knew straight away that the product was too dark for my skintone. usuallly i am very careful about not getting too dark a shade of foundation (one of the worst cosmetics mistakes ever) so i was surprised-i thought i had got the right shade when i tested it in the shop. even though i probably made a mistake when choosing the shade of foundation, that still doesn't excuse the fact that the colour was wrong-within minutes, the foundation oxidises, leaving the wearer orange! however, this might be possible to avoid should you purchase a very, very light shade of this foundation. also, wait a few minutes after testing, go outside to see the colour in daylight and observe whether or not the colour becomes orange, if you want to buy this-which i would not recommend. why? simply because of the colour changing and some other aspects i didnt like either. the foundation made my usually clear skin break out in small spots-actually lumps, but still visible. possibly a personal reaction but the colour change wasnt-the same thing happened to my sister.
    however, there were some positives: good coverage on my relatively clear skin (until it broke me out!) and also quite moisturising on my dry skin. definitely be careful when testing this-ask for a sample if you can!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by emz512

I love this foundation. I was using another Max factor foundation (cant remember the name...) but it was really thick so i tried this one instead. It gives a really sheer finish and is really easy to apply. I have really fair skin and often find it really hard to find foundation pale enough for me but the lightest shade in this is perfect. Alot of other light foundations have a really orange undertone to them but this doesn't. It evens out skin tone well and covers blemishes to some degree, although i do use concealer as well. I'm on my second bottle of this and I'm definitely gonna keep buying it.