August 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Ange ou Demon Le Secret

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this fragance. Im useless at describing notes and other MUAS do it quite well but I can tell you this is the most sexy fragance Ive found. The scent is femenine but not princessy. I think the name says it all (angel or demon) because its in the middle between princess and femme fatale. The staying power is great and the bottle is beatiful. Its a little pricey but youre really paying for quality with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Snackmeister

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm no fragrance expert but I've owned and sampled hundreds over the past five years (thanks, MUA!). This is one of the dozen I've kept after a huge paring-down. I'm a bit puzzled as I read the reviews because this fragrance, on me, is much less floral and much warmer, yet still very light, if that makes sense. The wood is right up there for me after the first five minutes of wear, enveloped by the barest hint of the tea, peony, and lemon (strong tea scents make me a bit ill), and thus I find this fragrance less bright and more calming. If I were to go out on a limb, I'd say it's faintly watered-down incens-y, too, almost reminscent of Passage d'Enfer but less spice. Unique and striking on me, but really it's a scent just for my enjoyment, since sillage is poor as is staying power.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not at all what I generally gravitate toward fragrance-wise. It is extremely sunny, and I tend to like darker fragrances. There is just something about it that I just can't quit. It is refreshing to wear in the oppressive heat of summer. The combination of the tea, the citrus and the fruit that I get is just so summery. I normally hate fruity perfume, but for reasons I can't explain, I love this.

I get the comparisons to Light Blue, but this, to me is superior. Both make me think of blinding sunlight, gauzy white sundresses, and lemon ices at first spray, but in LB the cedar note eventually takes over and I end up smelling like a rabbit cage. Le Secret remains sunny and lovely by comparison.

My one complaint is the lasting power. My dry skin devours this and I most reapply frequently. This is an expensive potion, and it is an EDP, so I expected better.

One final thought.... It occurred to me that this is one of the few instances that I have liked a flanker better than the original.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by technichloe

Favorite fragrance ever. I was looking for a replacement fragrance because I found this to be just too expensive, but I couldn't. This is so beautiful and it's versatile! I think it's great for day and night wear. (It IS a BIT too intense for day, but a light misting should do the trick). I love this though, it's sweet and fruity, but mature as well. Perfect for the young adult/professional crowd. Its staying power is excellent, I find that I can still smell it in the shower at the end of my workday. I think that with buying perfume, you truly get what you pay for, and at this quality I definitely got what I paid for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually don't care about what men say about my perfume - I like what I like - but my bf absolutely loves this and that makes me like it even more. Like so many people have said, it doesn't last very long (at least, not on me...I put on at least 8 - 10 sprays to get it to last and, because of the bf, now I carry a little rollerball full of it around with me too), but it is beautiful. It is subtle and not too sweet and just a little tarty and musky all at the same time. I'm not a huge fan of florals, but this is an exception.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by cappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I smell sandalwood, pepper, and jasmine, making Ange ou Demon Le Secret similar to Tresor in Love and Ralph Lauren Romance. It's a pleasant-enough day perfume, something you can wear to the office or to a brunch with the girlfriends. It's non-nondescript and generic, and won't offend anyone. It's also reasonably priced. I'm giving it a low rating mainly because of its staying power; on me, it's gone in 30 minutes, which is pitiful. Don't expect this from a Givenchy perfume.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

wonderful opening, very citrusy and sweet. dries down to sexy & tea like. very nice, doesnt last long though so wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

I love my 'Very Irresistible" and read excellent reviews about this one (I was looking for an everyday fragrance). I couldn't find it anywhere around where I live so I took a leap of faith and ordered the smaller bottle from Sephora. I am very happy with this fragrance, it's lovely. I'm still partial to the Very Irresistible but this is better suited for daytime I think. Sadly it doesn't last as long as I'd like :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

This is just like heaven in a little bottle. the smell is light but it lingers around for a long time---the whole day for me. its not too overbaringly fruity like u just rubbed oranges on u but, subtle. very subtle. i definitely can detect the jasmine & tea and overall, i'd say this is a favorite for me. i'd say this is great for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by nicesmile

I've tried this a few times and never decided if i liked it but now i do (my tastes change as I age). on paper it's a little deeper and i smell patchoulli maybe? but it's more citrusy/floral with my chemistry. reminds me of light blue but not as tart. the staying power is nill. i have to spray this liberally and i have to spray my body and my clothes. overall, i like this fragrance and i'm sure it will be a good spring/summer addition to my vanity.