July 29, 2014 | 1998 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Fire and Ice 720

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

It does a magic trick. It brightens up my face and makes me look fresh and vibrant. i can go without much eye m/u with this which is a welcome break from layers of e/s and liner. It is cheerful, glamourous, and wonderful. My fave red lipstick. Note: you have to do the blot, reapply, blot routine with this. Also, a plummy lipliner works best with it (well blended) as it anchors the colour a bit. Been wearing it every day since I got it... Something about the colour really suits my skintone. Perhaps some people will find this garish, so buyer beware! I seriously think it's a work of art to make a colour so vibrant, fun, and bold, yet flattering.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by littlerosex

This product is fantastic , I was so impressed with the pigmentation and the formula in general. It is reasonably priced , the only drawback of this lipstick is that no matter how much I blot and remove excess it seems to bleed after a while but nothing too bad. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by DrSlim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this lipstick. I originally bought it trying to replace Volcanic Red that I had stockpiled on after it was discontinued. Tired of having to Ebay that I decided to give this a try. At first I thought it would be too orange and tacky on me, but it is beautiful. I wear red lipstick almost everyday, so I wear this color just about everyday. It is definitely a bright red but I've kind of made it my signiture. It is a pretty true red with almost a neon hue to it slightly coral pinky but that is very slight. I have very fair neautral skin color with black hair and blue/green eyes. For girls that love that look I would absolutely recommend this color. I work for a high end beauty boutique with everything from Ellis Faas to By Terry, but this is still my almost everyday go to! Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I never thought I'd wear this shade of red: it's a classic red, on the brighter side, and leans a little warm on me. I have light ash brown hair, gray/green eyes, and very fair pink skin, so I'm cool cool cool in most everything. But Revlon Fire & Ice--it's legendary at this point, isn't it? And I just love Revlon lipstick, Super Lustrous has a satin-y finish, and is a dependably pigmented, smooth, and long-lasting formula. I had to try it. Luckily it's not so warm/tomato-y that it's unwearable for me. It seems to have the very very slightest pink or coral undertone that makes it wearable for so many skin tones. I'm looking really raggedy and tired today, and this is the only makeup I put on, and it still makes me look pulled together. That's the beauty of a great red lipstick. I don't think anyone should be afraid to try this, as it's not super bright or super dark, and is totally appropriate for daytime office wear. Heck, if you buy it at Ulta and don't like it--return it! No harm, no foul. I'd also like to add that if you want to add extra shine, both Cherry Tart (slightly sparkly) and Candy Apple(no sparkle) Lip Butters complement this to a T. It's just a lovely lipstick that explains how Revlon has been in business since 1932.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by FriendlyAussie

I purchased this lipstick for three reasons.
1. I fell in love with the limited edition vintage packaging.
2. It's a classic- women have been wearing this for decades and I loved the idea of having a little piece of history in my arsenal.
3. I was craving a Hollywood red.

First of all, this is RED. There is no pink, no orange, no blue, nothing in this other than pure, unadultered red. It is actually almost fluorescent and isn't for the faint of heart. In the tube it fit my red craving to a T but unfortunately on my very pink pigmented lips this morphed into a fluorescent pink-red.

The formula is super creamy, is not long wearing and tends to be streaky.

Despite the colour of this lipstick not working out as I hoped, I would still recommend this to friends. I am glad that I have such a classic in my collection but I will not re purchase it. I will continue to use this until the tube is empty and then probably re-fill it with a different colour... I LOVE the tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Fire & Ice is perhaps the most unique lipstick I have ever seen.
I agree with all the other reviewers who stated that this is a coral red, more specifically it is a deep coral BASED red (if you can believe such a thing) Like coral on some folk the orange brightness will come out on others the deep pink/fuchsia.

It seems that on cool toned people the lipstick will come out bright almost neon with visible orange undertones, on neutral skin tones tomato red and on other very warm toned people the colour seems stay warm but will lean toward cherry red to hot pink.

I love bright lip colours but I can't wear them all the time however this colour is very wearable when worn with black and is the perfect red with a LBD. I'm guessing that this looks good on pale skin and dark hair because the colour stands out against pale skin but the shock of it is absorbed by dark locks, so if you find this colour too bright its best to wear it with black clothes. With my yellow based NC45 skin it is a maraschino cherry red but can look like a completely different colour (deep pink) under a camera flash - you have been warned!

So in short buy it if
- You want some thing different and daring
- You want a cult classic and Revlon's basic quality and moisture
- You know you can rock bright colours (especially orange and hot pink)
- You wear black way too much and have been looking for a fun way to inject some colour.
Do not buy it if:
- You want to play it safe
- You want a colour that looks the same in the mirror and on camera.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by hurricanenika

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So the other night I was in Wal-Mart (a college girl needs her ramen!), and I ever-so-casually happened to pass right through the beauty section, coincidentally right by the ďsaleĒ signsÖ Yes, okay, it was totally on purpose. Anyways, Revlon had a bunch of rollback prices, so I decided to treat myself to one lipstick by them. The Super Lustrous line was on sale for $4.57 a pop, so I waffled for about five minutes in between Siren (a vibrant coral-leaning-orange) and this, Fire and Ice. In the end, I settled on this one because truth be told, Iíve already got quite a few corals and oranges, and while I do own a hefty amount of reds, none were quite as bright as this (Maybellineís ďRed RevivalĒ and MACís ďHeartlessĒ are some of the reds I own: deep, darkened, more í40s style rather than í50s).

As Iím sure a lot of you know, there is quite a history behind this iconic shade. I was unaware of it upon purchasing, but had I known, I wouldnít have even bothered picking up a different shade. So, F&I 101: It was originally released back in 1952, with quite a gorgeous advertisement. It was repromoted back in 2010 in the original vintage packaging as well. Sadly, I donít own that, but Iím quite happy with this one!

I tried it on as soon as I got home. Itís a very, very bright colour, Iíll say that! The formula is quite creamy, and goes on very smoothly. Iíve got a bit of a problem with my perpetually-dry lips, and this lipstick did not exacerbate the issue. It sits very comfortably on them, and doesnít dry them out. It also stays quite a while if youíre not eating; drinking is not that much of an issue if you apply, blot, and reapply. It creates a lovely stain as well once it wears off.

The colour itself is a bit hard to describe. In the fluorescently-lit bathroom, itís a bright geranium colour, nearly neon. In the softer, more yellowy light of my bedroom, it takes on a more blue-based tone; and in the daylight, itís simply a bright orangey-red. I believe the name Fire and Ice is very appropriate, as the undertones can fluctuate between orange (fire) and blue (ice) depending on your colouring and the lighting that which you are in.

All in all, itís a lovely and unique colour that I truly adore. I highly recommend it, and will be purchasing a backup or two. Maybe three. I kind of love it.

I added a picture of myself wearing it as well; it's the full-face one with the open-mouth/surprise look thing going on.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I'm glad I read reviews on this before I purchased it. This is an excellent red, hasn't bled on me yet. On me it looks more red than reddish coral, but I still love it. It hasn't dried out my lips and it has lasted through eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Plus the fact that it's so much cheaper than department store brands, this buy is a no brainer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by pnnylne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Fire and Ice for about $5 USD. I'm an NC45 and it is a very bright red. A lot of reviewers/bloggers classify this shade as a red with a blue undertone, but in my opinion, I find this shade to be really warm with a yellow undertone. The shade compliments my yellow undertone. I consider this lipstick as my "daytime" lipstick, because it's bright but my skin is dark enough that I can wear bright lipsticks and not have it stand out as much as someone with lighter/pale skin (think Rita Ora). As for other features of the lipstick, its finish is creamy and not drying on the lips. Depending on how much you apply, its coverage can range from sheer to opaque. There is none of the weird generic/drugstore lipstick smell or taste. The packaging is functional. I would not recommend if you're not into bright lipsticks. I would repurchase this shade of lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the perfect "modern" red! If you're looking for the red lipstick on J.Crew and Kate Spade models like I was, this is just the right shade. It's bright and warm, but not orange on my NC20-25 skin. Even my boyfriend, who doesn't typically like red lipstick, gave this one the OK. It's very wearable, even in the daytime with simple black eyeliner/mascara. Love!