December 21, 2014 | 1493 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Definitely a great DS foundation, wow. I was very very skeptical about trying this, but I had a coupon for CVS and the product was 30% off already lol. So I basically paid 2 bucks for this. I am stunned at how good this is. I think I like it better than the Colorstay from Revlon.
I am NW20 in MAC and picked this up in Classic Ivory which is a dead-on match for my skin. I literally watched it disappear into my skin immediately. I was confused at first because I have never had a foundation do this, so I put more on and same thing. It looks like I have nothing on and feels like nothing.
I wouldn't call this a full-coverage foundation, I would say more medium coverage. I think you can build this to full, but I am unsure if it will look ok. It does just like it says, at least for me, it doesn't feel heavy or like your face is cracking, the staying power is great, it doesn't transfer, or look weird. I want to pick up more of this stuff when I get the chance because this may be one of my HG DS foundations along with L'Oreal's True Match line.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by krsgarcia

Ever since Revlon reformulated their Colorstay foundations, I noticed their shades cater to skin tones with fairer skin - whereas they had a wide range from both the palest to the deepest shade - I needed a new foundation that matched my skin almost as Colorstay did.

Pros:
- Matched my skin tone to a tee! (In the original Colorstay, I was in shade Toast)
- Blendable
- Lasted me a good 12 hours (I rarely keep my make up on that long, but for 12 hrs I was very impressed that I didn't need to touch up)
- Finishes dewey

Cons:
- There was a scent to it that was unpleasant
- Transfers [if you don't set it]
- Just like the Revlon Colorstay, the packaging is clumsy
- Accentuates dry patches

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by cathydiamonds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know if it's was just me or what but I was so excited to get this product and it looked like my color and everything but it made me look orange and I was sad because I paid like 10 dollars for it :/

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by thebriggs

I've waited quite a few months to review this. Foundation and I generally don't get along and I have serious issues finding something I truly like and will wear. I wore max factor pan stick until they discontinued it. Loved it before I had kids and my skin was greasier. I needed a dry foundation then. Then I had used L'oreal infallible, but they discontinued that one too! Finally after a couple other misses, I stumbled upon this and I actually really like it. Wonderful coverage for a liquid foundation and it is super build-able. I'm not super greasy so I don't have some of the problems that others have had with this product. It sets well with powder and I find that it will last at least 8-10 hours without any touch ups. I was able to be picture perfect all night at a recent wedding...even after dancing and eating and all of that business. No cakey-ness, no settling into lines and no worrying about smudging. I wear it everyday now. The trick is to not use too much, it takes next to nothing for everyday coverage, and I can always apply more for more coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Curly1019

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like dis makeup cuz it didn't cover my pimples as well as Revlon Colorstay. And it break me out and made my skin look very oily. Another thing about dis makeup it oxidies later on day and it doesn't last all day!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Kluv14

I really love this foundation! If have dry or combination skin I think you would enjoy this product, the coverage is nice kind of dewy but not cakey. The color variation and amount of product is great! And the price depending where you got it from is not to expensive, I got it at Walmart for less the 10 dollars!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by MissStaceyGason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this to be really good when I put it on but it seems like a few hrs into the day it never set on my face 😔 I could wipe it off with my finger.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by desigirl69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have tried almost every drugstore foundation you can possibly think of. this foundation by far is my FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D Its medium to full coverage. Build able to customize the coverage you'd like. It follows its word on 16 hrs of wear if you do this: wear a primer underneath and set it with a finishing powder. With doing this it'll look as if you JUST applied your makeup. But if you don't its okay, it'll still last you quite a bite of time. =)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

With or without primer, this is pretty meh. My main issue with this foundation is that it is very hard to blend and it dries up quickly while blending. It oranged me out within a few hours and I ended up using a makeup removing wipe to whip it all off so I wouldn't look like a fool. I tried different tricks but it's no use. Won't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by lauren99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this product, I was in LOVE! It covered my acne well and didn't stick to the flaky parts and make them stand out like a sore thumb. It stayed on pretty well, especially set with a powder. This foundation undeniably draws comparisons with Revlon's Colorstay which admittedly has never been a foundation I cared for. I found the formulation of this to be a lot smoother, almost a very slight gel-like consistency. Thus, this didn't settle into fine lines and did a good job a covering my large pores.

For these reasons I was thrilled with my new-found holy grail. Then I looked in my car mirror at the end of a warm day. My face was pink. Horrible. I was in such a rush that I tried to scrub some of it of with a tissue but it wouldn't budge! At least it's 'Superstay' right :/ I've now learned that this oxidizes like crazy! I have pretty warm toned skin that is quite yellow and at the moment it's a light shade of medium. I bought this in sand beige which is the second-to-lightest shade and i have never been anywhere close to the lightest shade in a foundation before. This does not look very light, even in the bottle. When I first apply it to my skin it is a pretty decent match and if anything slightly too dark! Crazy. However as the day goes on it gets darker and darker. Pinker and Pinker. By the end of the day it is so dark that it looks absolutely ridiculous and accentuates any acne that i may have. I've tried with a primer, without. With powder, without. Nothing makes a difference and I am utterly disappointed as the formulation was great for me.

I also think this may be a Maybelline thing. I also have a couple of there Fit Me concealers, and i find also that they are very pink. The lightest one that has any hue of yellow is quite dark which is strange for a concealer. I understand that the majority of very pale women are cool toned, however you would think that they would assume darker warm toned women use a lighter concealer.

So 10/10 for formulation 0/10 for Colouring/Oxidization