E.L.F. Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 2/25/2013 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I think this an absolutely amazing blush for the price. It wears longer than many more expensive blushes I have tried. It's very pigmented and builds well. It goes on very true to the color in the pan and does not oxidize.

It comes in a very sturdy, travel-friendly case. The case even has a mirror, which for $3.00 is incredible. This is definitely a re-purchase for me!

on 2/24/2013 10:03:00 AM

The blush quality is very good, it is very pigmented and easy to apply and blend. But I can't give it 5 stars because the colour mix looks so weird on me. I have neutral very fair skin (elf mineral foundation in porcelain is a perfect match for me) and the base of this blush looks very coral/terracotta like on me. However in the light it shimmers bright pink and blue. I have nothing against the shimmer but the tan base looks completely wrong so I do not recommend this for fair skin, even though its for "cool tones", you need some tan in your skin first to use it I guess.

on 1/29/2013 9:52:00 PM

I've been using this blush for 8 months or so and it's a great product. It's on par with MAC's blushes, which I also use. The packaging is pretty similar, and the pigmentation is on par as well. This is a great product, whether you're on a budget or not.

on 1/25/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Am I the only one that thinks this color resembles Tarte's "exposed" blush? It was almost a spot on dupe when swatched. That day I wore exposed on one cheek and mellow mauve on the other then asked my daughter to tell me which was which. She couldn't and said they looked exactly the same.
In terms of color they're close but formulation and lasting power... not so much. Tarte wins hands down. However, if you're looking for an affordable dupe check out Mellow mauve. It's a neutral toned blush leaning on the cool side that seems to flatter almost every eye look and lip I pair it with. For reference I'm NW30. It's not heavily pigmented but easy to layer for more opacity. I get a full days wear from this and it does not fade on me. I don't see shimmer but there is a barely noticeable glow. I'm loving this blush and find myself reaching for it often as it's a no brainer and goes with everything. $3 at Target. A steal IMHO.

on 1/15/2013 11:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

gorgeous blush but i dont like shimmery blushes i prefer matte ones....gave this to my mom and she loved it though

on 1/6/2013 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush! I actually really like E.L.F products. They're super cheap but the packaging looks nice and the actual product is pretty good quality. Anyways, so I bought this at Target cause it was so cheap and really loved it! It looks super natural but gives a really pretty flush of color. A lot of blushes I have tend to look too much (I end up looking like a doll!) but this one is really great. One thing I will say though is that it doesn't stay for THAT long but it's not bad... Also, I don't know if it's just me but the packaging remind me of the Nars blushes... Anyways, would def repurchase!

on 1/5/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Beautiful color! I have tan skin and it looks so pretty! The texture is a little bit chalky and dusty, not as smooth as the bronzer/brush duo compact I bought. Not sure why the texture is so different. However I am willing to forget the goofy texture considering the price is amazing! 3 dollars! Considering MAC blushes are 18 dollars and even some other drugstore blushes can be a bit on the pricey side. The compact is a slim and black with no mirror. I like how it doesn't take up a lot of room in my bag and is also pretty durable. All in all, I wish the texture was a little smoother but I still love the color and every else about it. Worth checking out for sure.

on 1/4/2013 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm glad I decided to try out Mellow Mauve, as it really is mellow. It's a very light, cool-toned shade which I find similar to L'Oreal's Tender Rose (my HG blush). I reach for it when I'm going for a natural look.

on 12/23/2012 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really do like this blush. It is super pigmented especially for the price! Goes on Fair/Medium skin pretty well.

on 12/23/2012 12:56:00 AM

I've usually used Mac blush which I love but ran into this and for $3 it was well worth it! Blends perfect with my fair-medium skin tone: does the trick just as well as the Mac I feel and about 1/6 the cost.

Popular Blush Products