October 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by bellynim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really do like this blush. It is super pigmented especially for the price! Goes on Fair/Medium skin pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've usually used Mac blush which I love but ran into this and for $3 it was well worth it! Blends perfect with my fair-medium skin tone: does the trick just as well as the Mac I feel and about 1/6 the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by brownspize

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! I'm impressed! This color goes perfect with my skin tone....applied it at 730am and lasted until 5pm....I like this better than my Nars blushes....HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by stellamybrella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered the "Tickled Pink" and the "Mellow Mauve" blushes, and "Mellow Mauve" is by far my favorite! IMO it's very pigmented and literally stays on my face after 8 hours after working in an oily, sweaty restaurant (!). I was really surprised, and the price is just fabolous. Some of the other reviews states that the color turned out to be a little orange on their cheek, so I think this blush may not be suitable for all skintones perhaps? (Unless you want an orange tone). This blush really turned out mauve on my cheeks, and it just looks so natural and I've got a lot of compliments. When I pick it up with my blush, however, it tends to get reeeeally powdery in the packaging, but it's not powdery at all on my face! As I said, I just get that natural glow to me with this one. Will absolutely purchase this again! Thumbs up E.L.F.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by milcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yes, it can be a bit powdery. Yes, it doesn't apply as smooth as silk. Yes, it is not super pigmented. Yes, it doesn't last me forever.
But honestly I love this blush! I can wear this color with every outfit I have. It is a 'safe' color that gives you natural muted-rose-pink flush to the cheek. Well, the pigmentation isn't crazy but I think it's an advantage for me since I can build the color to the pigmentation I want. It's a really nice blush and shade for everyday use! I've been using this a lot since I first got it. A blush that is this inexpensive can't go wrong. I think I'm going to try another shade of this blush. In love!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite blush! It's not over-pigmented, and it has a very buildable color. I hate shimmer and glitter in blush, and this one has micro-shimmer, but like the reviewer below said, it's not even noticeable on the skin. I apply this with my Lancome 6 brush and it looks super natural and great as an all-day, every day blush :) At $3, it's a super amazing blush and I am definitely repurchasing this one! The packaging is a sturdy matte black plastic case, very similar to the Nars packaging, and it has a little window on the front and a little mirror inside :) Go get yourself some! You won't regret it! :D

EDIT: Not so sure I'll repurchase ANY ELF product because I think they break out my skin. But that shouldn't stop you from buying it, my skin breaks out from everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ChemicalMonster

Ladies! If you are looking for a natural pink flush to the cheeks then check this out. "mellow mauve" is a "safe" color, a midtone pink with a hint of mauve and micro shimmer that is not noticeable when applied. In terms of opaquicty, it is medium and is easily buildable. On a finger swatch I would give it a 4 out of 5. While on the cheeks I give it a 3 out of 5. There is no chalkiness, staining and is very smooth. If you are looking for a highly pigmented blush that you could "tone DOWN, this is not it. This is a blush that you can easily tone (or build ) UP without making it look heavy or powdery. The packaging is very sleek and travel/storing friendly. And there is a little mirror inside. I say if you are new to blushes and aren't sure which to get I recommend this particular color. It gives a natural flush and easy to work with and is only three dollars. If are a blush junkie and want something natural but noticeable, try this one out. Safe, beautiful color and good quality.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Traded elf mineral blush in joy for this in a swap. I ended up having the same problem I did with joy: while it looks like a cool pink (almost violet!) In the pan, it looks like a neon orange-pink rash on the skin.

ELF's warm blushes are great, but I've yet to find a good cool or neutral one that doesn't go on orange.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I expected a different color, this is more muddy dark orange than mauve, at least on my skin. The pigmentation isn't great, most e.l.f. studio blushes (except for Tickled pink) are way more pigmented. It's matte so I sometimes use it for a natural look, other than that it's really forgettable. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this color a lot. I think it can go with any skin tone. Staying power is pretty impressive, considering the price. If put a finishing veil on top of the blush, it will stay until you wash it. I will buy again!