Dior Serum De Rouge

4.2

on 10/19/2010 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was very apprehensive to try this product. I have a love-hate relationship with lipstick, mainly hate. My lips react badly to most lipsticks, they tingle less than 30 minutes after applying (even when Iím testing colors and immediately wipe the lipstick off) and the next day they are dry, scaly, and flaky. Iíve been told that this is due to an allergic reaction, most likely with the preservatives in the lipstick. Another beef I have with lipsticks is that they always turn bright pink on me. I was very intrigued by the fact that this is marketed as a lip ďtreatmentĒ and I also liked the SPF 20. This formula is creamy and glides on smoothly and doesnít make my lips react! I was thrilled! It lasts, too, even through one meal. When it does wear off, it wears evenly and doesnít leave a line around the line (FYI: I donít line my lips). The finish has a satin sheen, not shiny, not matte.

I first chose the Raspberry 760 color in the hopes that it would be a darker, rosy color than my natural lip color (which is a very pink rose color). Raspberry in the tube is a muted berry, with a hint of coral Ė which surprised me. On my lips, however, it was a creamy medium berry rose color with the vibrancy of a raspberry without the harshness or being overly bright. It is gorgeous! A fun, happy color, but not garish. I am very pleased with the color, especially since I purchased it online and hadnít seen the color in person.

I also have this in Rosewood 740 and love it even more than Raspberry. Its color is a beautiful, subtle rose color, my lips but better Ė much better. Itís a very polished, sophisticated shade. I foresee myself running out of this shade first. I sometimes layer it with a neutral pinky/rose gloss for some shimmer.

The third color I currently own is Plum 880. This is a beautiful plum shade, not too purple, too pink, too red, or too brown. It is dark without being garish or ghoulish; and it has drama without being too bold. I can easily make it more sheer by applying lip balm first, lightly blotting that off after a few minutes, then applying this (of course it doesnít last as long, but it gives a nice stain-like). Another thing I noticed about these lipsticks was that they smell like flowers, not like grandmaís old lipstick Ė an added bonus. The packaging is slim and chic, too. Itís very gratifying to pull a tube of this out of your handbag. And when I run out of these colors Iíll definitely buy each of them again. I hope to add more colors to my collection!

Update: 01 August 2012
I have since added Nude 510 to my collection of Serum de Rouge. I tested the Nude in Sephora, but was unimpressed and continued on in search of a good Nude. A few months later after trying an opaque Nude and realizing how ridiculous it looked on me, I came back to this one and tried it in-store again. Itís a sheer Nude, it subtly tones down the natural pinkness of my lips, leaving a healthy, natural sheen (not too shiny and no shimmer). It is perfect with dark eye makeup, because of its subtle effect (not attracting attention away from the eyes because of a bold color, nor completely erasing my lips). During the past summer, I found myself grabbing this lipstick over all the others. Rosewood had previously been my favorite Serum de Rouge, but Nude has replaced it.

on 10/12/2010 1:47:00 PM

Serum de Rouge is a medium coverage lipstick with a smooth, creamy feel that is a nice cross between a lipgloss and a full-on lipstick. The quality is excellent, but like most others have mentioned, the price is borderline ridiculous. I gave it 3 lippies because I don't like the color that I chose on me. I'm pale with medium/dark brown hair and eyes and I find that I'm most complimented by reddish-berry sheer lipshades. I bought this in #660 Garnet Serum, thinking that it sounded like a color I would wear and I even tried it on before buying, but alas, it was a classic lighting issue that made it look one way on me in the store and quite different outside and at home. I find it too pink for my taste and now I'm stuck with wearing it even though it's not very flattering on me or shelfing a $30 lipstick! Oh well, not the first time and probably not the last. Anyways, I probably would buy it again in another color just because of the fact that the formula is such a great compromise between a sheer lipstick that goes away in 5 seconds and a classic, full coverage lipstick.

on 10/8/2010 5:08:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Mine is 560 color, sweet pinkish color. My lip condition is horrible, very dry, crack, and it has fine lines. The natural color of my lips is kinda dark pink to brown, I'm not a smoker, but I thinks it's because my environment

Pros:
1. It helps my dry lips, make it a little bit smoother
2. Nice color, this is my very first pink lipstick and I'm officially in love with it
3. Easy to remove (and it can be it cons too)
4. Its not sticky on my lips
5. Not too shimmery and glossy, everything just enough
6. Contains very light perfume, make it very pleasant for me

cons:
1. I hate the packages and it click sound. I prefer conventional lipstick package. This package make me harder to apply it on my lips.
2. The texture is very soft that sometimes it smudge off from it tube.
3. I need to apply it again and again it seriously short lasting
4. And again, its pricey I bought it in Malaysia for RM109 (USD$36), but yeah it's Dior and it worth every penny of it due to the quality.

on 9/28/2010 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this product! My lips were dry, cracked after surgery due to the anesthetic. My lips were 90% better after one application. Best of all, it doesn't bleed! What more can 61 year old lips want? Will definitely purchase again.

on 9/24/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very expensive at SGD49 for 2g worth of product. Bought the color 640, which is a nice wearable pink. It's not an exceptional shade - warm neutral brownish pink. Moisturising but not on the same ranks of Paul & Joe or Chanel lipsticks. I absolutely hate the packaging - it makes an annoying clickety sound. I like to put on lipstick without having to let everyone in the office know that I'm doing my vain business.

on 9/2/2010 11:59:00 AM

First time I've bought Dior lipstick and most expensive lipstick I've ever bought ... but honestly it is the best lipstick I've ever used. It makes my lips feel moisturised like I'm wearing lip balm, it has incredible staying power, and my lips look plump and juicy! Great shine but not like a gloss which is sticky, it is more like varnish. I am not a big fan of the pen shape - the click sounds like it is broken - but that's a real personal choice. I bought raspberry which is pinkier than I expected but still very pretty.

on 8/20/2010 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this in #640 Soft pink serum. At first I was so excited to get this based on the raves on here. At $40 CAD a tube, this is probably the most expensive tube of lipstick I own considering it's only 2 grams.

Pros:
- non sticky, very smooth texture
- has SPF 20
- plumps up lines

Cons:
- The ridiculous price!
- Not as much shine as I expected
- The packaging. The testers have a colored top, whereas the actual product is all one color. I can see it being difficult to tell which lipstick is which if you have multiple.

I would not repurchase this again, because I enjoy the new Lancome L'Absolu Creme de Brillance liquid lip color better. They don't have as many shades, but at $33 CAD for 6 grams, it is more cost friendly. To me, they both do the same thing. They have the same texture, and they both plump up the lines on my lips. The only difference is that Lancome does not offer an SPF.

Hope this helped! :)

on 8/4/2010 4:22:00 PM

I LOVE this product! Shade 740 has fast become my 'do-all' lipstick... It's great (smudged down) with dark smoky eyes but is equally perfect for the office. And, as a bonus - on days when my make-up doesn't look 'right' - I put this on and I'm good to go.

Re-applying it throughout the day leaves a delicious stain on my lips and an added bonus is that it hydrates too.

It's on the pricey side but I love the packaging (subtle) and when you find your perfect colour, nothing's too much to pay.

I can't recommend it highly enough and will be buying it in bulk as I'd hate for it to be discontinued.

on 7/31/2010 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have extremely dry, flaky lips that peel within an hour upon application of any lipsticks even after layering on lip treatments. After a painful purchase of the Guerlain Rouge G at 73 Singapore Dollars, I just couldn't bear to try their other colours (even though it was the only lipstick that gave superb moisture to my lips without the above mentioned symptoms).

UNTIL...

I read the reviews here about Dior's Serum De Rouge. I tried the Serum on (went for a quick shop around for an hour) and was surprise that it is MORE moisturizing than Guerlain's and my lips did NOT peel! Hurray!!! I have been using 660 (Garnet), a bright pinkish-red on my lips (covers my uneven lip tone). Following it, I have bought 640 (Soft Pink - colour hardly shows up on my lips) and 740 (Rosewood - my lips but better colour). Compared to Guerlain's Rouge G, the serums at 49 Singapore Dollars are so much MORE affordable for me. Packaging wise, I do prefer the twist up though I would think the serum has a softer texture and wouldn't be able to hold its shape =)

I am a Dior Colour 20 (Light Beige). My lips are medium pink, slightly darker on my upper lip. Wished I knew how to upload photos to show all MUAs out there how wonderful the Serum De Rouge are!!! My HG which I will purchase again and again!!!

on 7/26/2010 3:37:00 AM

I have this in 710 (it's a brownish color). the color itself does not work for me but nevertheless I use it almost everyday just because I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK. it's incredibly creamy and smooth, I feel like I'm wearing a lip balm when I have this on. it's just a pure pleasure to use. I will re-purchase it but in another color

Popular Lipsticks