November 28, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Serum De Rouge

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by bippyloo

Serum de Rouge is a medium coverage lipstick with a smooth, creamy feel that is a nice cross between a lipgloss and a full-on lipstick. The quality is excellent, but like most others have mentioned, the price is borderline ridiculous. I gave it 3 lippies because I don't like the color that I chose on me. I'm pale with medium/dark brown hair and eyes and I find that I'm most complimented by reddish-berry sheer lipshades. I bought this in #660 Garnet Serum, thinking that it sounded like a color I would wear and I even tried it on before buying, but alas, it was a classic lighting issue that made it look one way on me in the store and quite different outside and at home. I find it too pink for my taste and now I'm stuck with wearing it even though it's not very flattering on me or shelfing a $30 lipstick! Oh well, not the first time and probably not the last. Anyways, I probably would buy it again in another color just because of the fact that the formula is such a great compromise between a sheer lipstick that goes away in 5 seconds and a classic, full coverage lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by halfangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Mine is 560 color, sweet pinkish color. My lip condition is horrible, very dry, crack, and it has fine lines. The natural color of my lips is kinda dark pink to brown, I'm not a smoker, but I thinks it's because my environment

Pros:
1. It helps my dry lips, make it a little bit smoother
2. Nice color, this is my very first pink lipstick and I'm officially in love with it
3. Easy to remove (and it can be it cons too)
4. Its not sticky on my lips
5. Not too shimmery and glossy, everything just enough
6. Contains very light perfume, make it very pleasant for me

cons:
1. I hate the packages and it click sound. I prefer conventional lipstick package. This package make me harder to apply it on my lips.
2. The texture is very soft that sometimes it smudge off from it tube.
3. I need to apply it again and again it seriously short lasting
4. And again, its pricey I bought it in Malaysia for RM109 (USD$36), but yeah it's Dior and it worth every penny of it due to the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 8:32:00 AM More reviews by nsgboss

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! My lips were dry, cracked after surgery due to the anesthetic. My lips were 90% better after one application. Best of all, it doesn't bleed! What more can 61 year old lips want? Will definitely purchase again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very expensive at SGD49 for 2g worth of product. Bought the color 640, which is a nice wearable pink. It's not an exceptional shade - warm neutral brownish pink. Moisturising but not on the same ranks of Paul & Joe or Chanel lipsticks. I absolutely hate the packaging - it makes an annoying clickety sound. I like to put on lipstick without having to let everyone in the office know that I'm doing my vain business.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by hhozay

First time I've bought Dior lipstick and most expensive lipstick I've ever bought ... but honestly it is the best lipstick I've ever used. It makes my lips feel moisturised like I'm wearing lip balm, it has incredible staying power, and my lips look plump and juicy! Great shine but not like a gloss which is sticky, it is more like varnish. I am not a big fan of the pen shape - the click sounds like it is broken - but that's a real personal choice. I bought raspberry which is pinkier than I expected but still very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by lissaleela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in #640 Soft pink serum. At first I was so excited to get this based on the raves on here. At $40 CAD a tube, this is probably the most expensive tube of lipstick I own considering it's only 2 grams.

Pros:
- non sticky, very smooth texture
- has SPF 20
- plumps up lines

Cons:
- The ridiculous price!
- Not as much shine as I expected
- The packaging. The testers have a colored top, whereas the actual product is all one color. I can see it being difficult to tell which lipstick is which if you have multiple.

I would not repurchase this again, because I enjoy the new Lancome L'Absolu Creme de Brillance liquid lip color better. They don't have as many shades, but at $33 CAD for 6 grams, it is more cost friendly. To me, they both do the same thing. They have the same texture, and they both plump up the lines on my lips. The only difference is that Lancome does not offer an SPF.

Hope this helped! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by AMCW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product! Shade 740 has fast become my 'do-all' lipstick... It's great (smudged down) with dark smoky eyes but is equally perfect for the office. And, as a bonus - on days when my make-up doesn't look 'right' - I put this on and I'm good to go.

Re-applying it throughout the day leaves a delicious stain on my lips and an added bonus is that it hydrates too.

It's on the pricey side but I love the packaging (subtle) and when you find your perfect colour, nothing's too much to pay.

I can't recommend it highly enough and will be buying it in bulk as I'd hate for it to be discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ongsarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry, flaky lips that peel within an hour upon application of any lipsticks even after layering on lip treatments. After a painful purchase of the Guerlain Rouge G at 73 Singapore Dollars, I just couldn't bear to try their other colours (even though it was the only lipstick that gave superb moisture to my lips without the above mentioned symptoms).

UNTIL...

I read the reviews here about Dior's Serum De Rouge. I tried the Serum on (went for a quick shop around for an hour) and was surprise that it is MORE moisturizing than Guerlain's and my lips did NOT peel! Hurray!!! I have been using 660 (Garnet), a bright pinkish-red on my lips (covers my uneven lip tone). Following it, I have bought 640 (Soft Pink - colour hardly shows up on my lips) and 740 (Rosewood - my lips but better colour). Compared to Guerlain's Rouge G, the serums at 49 Singapore Dollars are so much MORE affordable for me. Packaging wise, I do prefer the twist up though I would think the serum has a softer texture and wouldn't be able to hold its shape =)

I am a Dior Colour 20 (Light Beige). My lips are medium pink, slightly darker on my upper lip. Wished I knew how to upload photos to show all MUAs out there how wonderful the Serum De Rouge are!!! My HG which I will purchase again and again!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in 710 (it's a brownish color). the color itself does not work for me but nevertheless I use it almost everyday just because I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK. it's incredibly creamy and smooth, I feel like I'm wearing a lip balm when I have this on. it's just a pure pleasure to use. I will re-purchase it but in another color

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by lucky7597

Oh I wanted to love this! It is the biggest waste of money I have shelled out in a long time!! I bought Garnet which is really lovely but it does not last at all. I am very disapponted. The only fantastic thing about it is the gorgeous packaging. It comes in a GORGEOUS long "dispenser" tube that you click but it is not a liquid, it is a "solid" "stick" but thinner than the normal lipstick in the tube. Bummed out indeed!!!!