Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner

Not tested on animals

on 3/10/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely terrible.
I will always reach towards my gel eyeliner.
Iíve tried to like this.. I use it consistently to experiment and I end up sitting there for 5 minutes trying to fix the endless blotchiness of this product.
The product hardly ever comes out, its dry and the brush itself starts bending and falling apart.
The lid broke off the first 5 minutes of me handling it, too.
I always shake it up first and still no product comes out.
Cheap in price and quality.
Very disappointed.

on 2/13/2012 4:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is definitely my go to liquid eyeliner whenever needed! I've slept with it once on accident with my makeup still on and it still held a very consistent result. It was still pigmented when I first applied it on my eyes. Also, its quick when I'm in a rush and when I don't have time to apply my bobbi brown gel liner. Hahaha.

I had to take off one star from this because it can dry out quick and doesn't last very long - as in it can't last me past a month when i first bought it.

HG eyeliner, where are you?! I'm still looking until I have the definitely go to, pigmented, waterproof AND long lasting liquid eyeliner. I hope it will last me past a month because I don't often go to department/drug stores to keep stocking up.

on 1/27/2012 10:01:00 AM

Just a really disappointing product- thin and watery and the line skips because of this. Looks like old fashioned liquid liner, harsh. Use Essence liner, a much better product, with great flow and impact.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a great little liner but I would not repurchase.

Pros:
I like the small size. I read reviews on this before picking it up, so I was well prepared for an itty bitty thing. It's big enough to hold comfortably and fits nicely in my hand, but small enough to let me get close to the mirror. This pen is easy to manipulate, which makes for easy lining. The gold packaging is a nice touch and makes the Eye Tech look pricier than it is. The felt tip is pretty good and lets me get a sharp wing. I find that that the tip has started to fray a bit after a month's use, about twice a week. The ink is still going dark and strong, so no complaints about that. I got the black one and the ink is a good vibrant black with a slight sheen (not matte). Also, the product doesn't smudge...

Cons:
I don't know if this is the case with all liquid pen liners, but I find that the ink comes off on the felt tip if I try to go over the line more than once. The Eye Tech also doesn't have longevity. Like I said before, it doesn't smudge; however, it doesn't take much for it to rub off. In fact, it rubs off so easily that I can't say anything about its waterproofness. I think it may be waterproof...but again, only if you don't touch your eyes. (But in real life, if your face gets wet, wouldn't you want to dry yourself? So what's the point of having something that's waterproof but not touch-resistant?) Finally, this liner take a while to dry. If you blink before it has set, it will transfer. :(

Bottom line: get this product if:
a) you know you will not touch your eye at any point in the day; b) if you are new to using liquid liner and want something easy to use to practice with; c) you like a pigmented liner; and/or d) you like the idea of not having to use makeup remover to remove your eyeliner. :)

Do not get this product if:
a) you want to get a lot of bang for your buck; b) you like rub-resistant eyeliner; c) you want a liner that dries quickly; and/or d) you have big hands / prefer long eyeliner tools.

I hope this review helps!

on 1/23/2012 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really nice liquid liner. It is basically fool proof. I am awful at applying liquid liner and usually stay away from it but Eye Tech is SO easy to use, it get a perfect line everytime and its very easy to control the thickness of the line. I bought this in Charcoal and plan to purchase the black as well. It is long lasting and doesn't smudge. I have only been using this for about a month so I can't comment on how quickly the product dries up. I will edit if I need to.

on 1/14/2012 2:27:00 AM

First impression:
- Cheap packaging (the gold cover came off the cap when I first opened it)

Positive:
- dried quickly enough for my liking
- non-glossy finish
- very pigmented (rich black)
- nice felt tip (allowed for precise winged eyeliner)
- absolutely NO smudging or fading <3 (I have oily eyelids)
- low cost ($3.99 was it?)
- twist off cap

Negative:
- Can be a little difficult to remove (even with eye-makeup remover)
- Too much or too little of this product can come out (if too little, give it a shake)

** I like to carry my eyeliner around with me all the time. When I take it out of my bag to use it, there's always a lot of the product leaking around the edges of the felt tip. Because of this, upon application, some of the product would easily get onto my lashes, causing them to clump up. Since a lot of the product leaked out and was wasted (I had to wipe it off a lot), it did not last me very long (less than a month). There is still some of the formula left in it, but it definitely isn't as pigmented on the first stroke as it was when I first used it.

Overall:
The formula is perfect (pigmented, smudge-proof, quick-dry) in a convenient pen-like applicator. Very cheap, worth a try. I like this better than the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen.

on 12/20/2011 1:15:00 AM

I absolutely love this, its so easy to use pigmented. This is the first liquid eyeliner I have luck with I tried others and did not work well for me , as im not an expert in using liquid liner but this has been so easy for me so id recommend to begginers :)

on 12/20/2011 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Overall, I really like this product and I keep coming back to it. I hate using pencil liners on the top of my lids as I love the cat eye effect and pencils just cannot get that effect. This makes getting the cat eye look so easy! Goes on smoothly for the most part but will dy up within a couple weeks so may need to repurchase every couple weeks or so but I think its worth it since I wear eyeliner almost everyday.

ive bought three of these in the past year and i dont know if i love them or hate them . they are temperamental , my first one dried up within a few days of having it . the formula for one came out totally streaky and watery for one and then the other one i bought went on without streaks and was dark .
but i love this product for having easy days and just doing some eyeliner then adding some mascara . its really good for making cat eyes and has a good point on it .
i dont know if ill rebuy again though .

on 11/25/2011 3:13:00 PM

I really like that this eyeliner has that nice, fine felt tip that helps with drawing a flick really well. It also lasts a long time. I just don't like that I was only really able to use it properly ONCE. The next time I used it, I was barely able to finish drawing on one eye, and had to use my cream/gel eyeliner the rest of the time. I made sure that the cap was on tight, and I gave it a good shake both times when I used it. It's just too bad that it didn't last that long, or this would have been in my makeup drawer for a while.

Top Rated Milani Products