April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Scrubs - Soap and Glory - Flake Away Spa Body Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great standard body scrub - big grains a proper scrub.

I bpught mine on 3 for 2 at Boots and just getting to the bottom ofmy first. Last ages even my husband pinches it but at this amount and price I dont mind. I think body scrubs / exfoliators you really dont need to spend alot, as longas they are not scratching your skin, I think only a fool (sorry) would pay even like 15+ for a single tube/tub. There are certain things that are not worth buying high end and this fits the bill without paying lots of money.

There are plenty of granules and they are quite big also as they are salt which is good because you can always make this into a milder one by either adding water to it or adding it to a shower gel if you want.
I just use it on dry skin, add a little water and use longer movements. Do not literally scrub - its not a verb its a noun because if you do your skin will be sore afterwards.

I then jump innthe shower rinse of and because i follow with a shower gel i dont get the oily feeling although i dont think its oily but more of a moisturised sheen.

The only thing i dont like is the scent its a little cloyingly sweet &sickly which is why I dont use any of the body lotions/cream, but follow with my own one.

Use this once a fortnight or once a week during summer especially before epilating

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Camilla00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is amazing, it's great to use in the shower and my body feels so smooth after using it, a little goes a long way too!
I swear it delays the growth of my leg hairs too, which is fantastic haha!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

It smells great. Not only does it do a great job exfoliating, but it's also very moisturizing. I used it all over my body, and my skin was so soft. I even used it on my feet and they were not as rough or dry as they were before. A lot of scrub for such a great price. I won't be buying this again t I do prefer my homemade body scrub (olive oil, sugar, and coffee-you should try it :) But overall, good product, worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Unmasked

This scrub has great exfoliating power. It leaves your skin extremely smooth (like butter) and moisturized, so much that you won't need to use a lotion afterwards. However, I didn't like the oily residue left in my shower tub. I imagine this might be a little rich for someone with normal skin.

When I first bought it at Shopper's the regular price per tub was $14-15 but now Soap and Glory has increased the price to $18. That's way too much to spend on a drugstore product! With those prices, I'd much rather head to The Body Shop and pay $2 more for the same amount of scrub that works well and smells delicious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved this product for the short time I had to try it out. It was at our local pharmacy for 9.99 and for a drug store prod i thought too expensive. It FINALLY went on sale for 8.99 and i bought it LOL.

It scrubs well and the petroleum jelly in it makes your legs feel uber moisturized when you are out of the shower.

It has since gone up to 18.00 for that price, id rather hit up The Body Shop

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell..The smell... is amazing.

It does its job, it gets rid of dead skin and makes your skin nice smooth and soft!

Its also cheap for a huge pot too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Darkfairee

I only use this on my feet (my skins pretty sensitive but I have another S&G scrub I use which is lass harsh). It works wonders! My feet used to be in a pretty bad state because I never did anything to them. One use of this and, with the help of a pumice stone, they were lovely and soft, obviously not perfect but way better than if I used a different product (and I have).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by twocents

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great scrub and great smell. I use it in the shower and on my hands and feet before mani/pedi. The entire line is nice, but this is my favorite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I discovered this scrub some years ago, thanks to my daughter, who'd started using it. It was my first purchase from Soap and Glory and led to me trying quite a few more of their excellent products.

This is an excellent body scrub....not one of these "namby-pamby, can hardly feel it, gentle" type scrubs but a great exfoliator for you body that will remove all the dead surface skin and the scaly skin on winter-dry legs and leave your skin feeling soft, gently scented and ready to drink up whatever body lotion or cream you want to apply. In summer, I can actually skip body lotion some of the time because this does leave my skin with a nice, light layer of oil overtop. And, of course, it leaves behind the lovely subtle scent of Miss Dior Cherie (it's S&G products that prompted me to buy a big bottle of Miss Dior Cherie after eschewing Dior fragrance products my whole life). My only quibble is the large open jar packaging. I use this in the shower and it's hard to keep water from getting into the product. A big tube with a large opening would be much more practical although with the jar, you can get every last bit of product. A definite "repurchase" product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just want to say WOW! When it comes to body scrubs I am not very fussy, after all it just has to have some nicely sized exfoliating beads to create some friction and exfoliate your skin, right? But after I used Flake Away I could definitely tell the difference between a so so body scrub and a good one. This stuff is amazing. It got rid of all the dead skin, made my skin baby smooth, moisturized just right, and the lovely scent lasted all day long. I do not feel the need to wear perfume when I use this. Will definitely, absolutely, surely re purchase!